Trophy thoughts?

IntroPhenom

As someone who played the original a lot when it came out, the list looks pretty good to me.

There's a bunch of story-based trophies, then a ton of sidequest ones (you'll likely want to do the side content anyway to level up etc.). Then there's trophies for making both choices on quite a few  sidequests, which usually involve siding with one person or another. Pretty easy to just reload a save for those. Then there's a few misc. trophies that shouldn't be too bad, like the reputation ones, but you should be able to go from positive to negative in a single playthrough if you just start killing random NPCs (I think that was a thing in the game).

The only one I'm not sure about is the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty, which seems like a very difficult mode in which you probably need to minmax the crap out of the game and use cheesy strats.

• Like 2

Having played this many, many times back in the day, it looks like a pretty simple list.  The difficulty trophy might be a bit of a challenge, otherwise it is just a matter of a few judicious saves so you can get both endings to various side quests.  It should be noted that most BG side quests are really short, so doing a few twice isn't a significant time sink.  

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

It looks slightly different from the Steam Achievement list for the game. Maybe easier?

Much easier. You need all difficulties on Steam.

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

Legacy of Bhaal is strictly for NG+, and even then it's no joke. Consider it a fun extra challenge for players who beat the game~

There wasn't a NG+ in the original. Has Beamdog added one?

3 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I never played this back on PC, only the console games Dark Alliance. Are these games co-op on the PS4? Local or online?

Looks like it. Now I'm tempted to get it.

https://www.co-optimus.com/game/5510/playstation-4/baldur-s-gate-enhanced-edition.html

Edited by Redgrave

Wonder if all these games still run ADD 2nd edition rulesets. Would difficulty setting just alter hp, damage, saving throws and stats of enemies. 

Oh the save scumming on each level up to get as much hp as possible. 

Lots of fights at end game can be cheesing with bunch of wand of hold enemy and wand of summon monster unless they are modified on enchanced edition. 

45 minutes ago, Terarded said:

Are these anything like Dark Alliance? They're the only Baldur's Gate games I've played and i remember loving them.

Original Baldur's Gate games uses Advanced Dungeon & Dragons 2nd edition ruleset from paper and pen variant (not sure if completely as I never played pen & paper games). Its more tactical turn/round based combat. 

Dark Alliance is more action oriented hack & slash so I dont think they have similarities outside lore. 

• Like 1