[Spoiler]Requirements for each ending?

olephiN_CwC

Got the dweller ending.

My theory is that to get it you have to restore the memories of the successors before fighting them (and maybe the ones from Io's core too), and then in the post fight memory to "reawaken" them.  

I restored all vestiges, not sure of you'd need them all, but who knows...

Me and my 2 Friends got all 3 Endings. After the successor of the ribcage there is a scene you cant Skip.Now u have 2 options: If you talk to the statue you will heal her. If you just walk out without pressing x you will kill her. This will repeat after every successor fight. Bad(heirs) ending: kill every Successor by walk away in this scenes. Mid ending (to eternity): talk to the first and walk away in the other ones. Good ending (dwaller): Talk to all successors. The bad ending is only one phase endboss. The other endings will have 2 phases. 

I realized that this was probably this case when I got the 'Awaken' prompt for the first Successor, and on the 2nd I didn't put all the memories back together because there was one that was super-well hidden that I gave up on trying to find. Once I got the prompt again for the 3rd after awakening all those memories, I realized that activating all the memories seems to be pretty clearly tied to the ending(s).

This means that, unlike Dark Souls/Bloodbourne and others no cloud saves for an easy 1 run plat. I have read though they made a NG+ to allow for non-difficulty spike runs for those that just want to see all the endings. There is also a NG+ with difficulty spike for those that do want those additional challenges.

Edited by IntrepidHunter
correction

How exactly does the NG+ work?  This is quite fortuitous timing, because I'm literally in the Cathedral, so haven't gotten to the first Successor (yes, I spoiled myself slightly). 

So at this point we're just thinking that you have to have all of the vestiges completed (for who, exactly?) by the time you kill said successor, and then afterwards, heal them - for each one?   

(I'm not super concerned about the vestige completion, because I've been thorough, and would do that anyway, because my OCD requires it lol)

So yeah, my question is on the NG+.  What carries over, and would that help with a speedrun to get the other endings?  Playing 3 entire full length playthroughs would be more annoying, but if not, to be fair, on the other playthroughs it'd be much easier to not hunt down every vestige, and thus would go towards more levels...

Regarding NG+, most stuff carries over. You even unlock every partner from the start and map exploration carries over (i. e. foul mistles are already unlocked). You have to collect depth maps and vestiges and of course all key items again.

Like IntrepidHunter said, I got to choose between a normal NG+ (same difficulty) or a souls-like NG+ with increased difficulty. So it shouldn't take too long to get to the final boss again.

3 hours ago, Hokupe said:

You have to collect depth maps and vestiges and of course all key items again.

Collect vestiges? It means all the Blood Codes and Gifts will NOT carry on? You will have to unlock and master them again?

And another question, are you forced to NG+ after last boss or you have an option to stay in NG?

Edited by Hartgroove

1 hour ago, Hartgroove said:

Collect vestiges? It means all the Blood Codes and Gifts will NOT carry on? You will have to unlock and master them again?

And another question, are you forced to NG+ after last boss or you have an option to stay in NG?

I just started my first NG+. So I am not at the homebase yet. 

But as far as I can see, your Blood Codes get carried over and the skills are unlocked as well. The already mastered skills are also mastered. The map is fully shown and you can now change your partner directly at the mistels. 

When you finish the game, you can choose to stay or go to the wooden door at the homebase and choose the option to go ng+ for the same difficulty or go one difficulty higher. 

Edit:

You still can collect vestige to watch the memories again. 

Sadly (for me) you are still stucked with the same character. There is no option to change the gender or the shape of the face/body. So once you choose your char, you are stuck until you start a complete new game. It's not that I don't like my char, but I would have liked to make something else. 

Edited by Milchfliege
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, IntrepidHunter said:

This means that, unlike Dark Souls/Bloodbourne and others no cloud saves for an easy 1 run plat. I have read though they made a NG+ to allow for non-difficulty spike runs for those that just want to see all the endings. There is also a NG+ with difficulty spike for those that do want those additional challenges.

You could maybe do it like this, if your first run was the best/worst ending, on NG+ do the opposite for the first 3 successors, save and export before the 4th. Then do the opposite of the 1st ending, finisht the game. Import save and then go for the mixed ending, it would mean to redo only 3 areas / 4 bosses, but not the whole game.

Not sure if there are more alternative cores beside the ones for the successors, so if there is one for every ending that may not work.

7 hours ago, Milchfliege said:

Sadly (for me) you are still stucked with the same character. There is no option to change the gender or the shape of the face/body. So once you choose your char, you are stuck until you start a complete new game. It's not that I don't like my char, but I would have liked to make something else. 

You can change your appearence in the base at the mirror, but not your gender I think.

Does anyone know whether it really has to be the last successor or could I simply only restore Ios memories to get the neutral ending? I'm not sure how important hers are, but because there was an Io girl before the boss like with every successor, I wonder how this one counts.

2 minutes ago, Hartgroove said:

Hey, have you started the same difficulty or higher one? If the same i was wondering if you can still join people on NG.

Same difficulty, because I got the eternal ending and I am now aming for the true ending. Third playthrough with the bad ending will be on a higher difficulty, because I don't have to explore anymore and can go straight to the boss of each area. 

For the multiplayer... I haven't tried that yet.

I just tried it, but I have no idea, if it was ng or not. The boss was slightly harder than my boss on single player, but maybe they are tougher in mp regardless the difficulty. 

But maybe you know better and it helps you. 

There are totally 4 endings,you need 4 playthroughs. Extra one is dont fix any IO's memories before last boss fight(only if you return all 4 memories before) And of course this game do not allow you to save and load for all endings for the trophy

(update:even if you dont fix it, but you have all IO's memories, you will still go into the main ending)

Edited by KamenRide_DcD

8 minutes ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

There are totally 4 endings,you need 4 playthroughs. Extra one is dont fix any IO's memories before last boss fight(only if you return all 4 memories before) And of course this game do not allow you to save and load for all endings for the trophy

Damn, really? Then I'll really have to do another run again because I did all memories first.

I didn't check so far but shouldn't stuff like "seen all endings" being saved as a different file? Sometimes you have a save file and a main file to copy. In this case it simply would mean to only copy the save file, because the main file would save which endings you've seen so far.

5 hours ago, Hokupe said:

Damn, really? Then I'll really have to do another run again because I did all memories first.

I didn't check so far but shouldn't stuff like "seen all endings" being saved as a different file? Sometimes you have a save file and a main file to copy. In this case it simply would mean to only copy the save file, because the main file would save which endings you've seen so far.

i didnt check for the extra ending, but i am totally sure you cant  S\L for the three main endings(because you cant do this 3 on one play through)

1 is return no memorie 2 is return all (including IO's one)3 is retun 1 above but not all . Extra is retuan all (except IO's one and also dont collect all IO's memories)

Edited by KamenRide_DcD

3 hours ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

i didnt check for the extra ending, but i am totally sure you cant  S\L for the three main endings(because you cant do this 3 on one play through)

1 is return no memorie 2 is return all (including IO's one)3 is retun 1 above but not all . Extra is retuan all (except IO's one)

It is not possible to do it in one playthrough, but in 2. You can do all saved and Io together, and no one saved and Eva saved. I do the second one right now. There are two save files, common save and game save. You want to backup the last one and reload it after getting either ending. Although the main menu shows you your save before that, when you load it, it will be your backup save.

But since I didn't get Ios Ending I have to do a 3rd playthrough, so I can't tell you guys immediately if this 100% works or not. But I'm pretty sure.

What is the "extra ending" you are talking about ? Because the trophy list is only listing 3 endings and I have never seen anyone talk about this ending where your return everyone's memories except for Io. What is the name of this "extra ending" and what happens differently between this ending (assuming this ending is real) and the "Dweller in the Dark" ending ?

Edited by itachi-destroyer

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

What is the "extra ending" you are talking about ? Because the trophy list is only listing 3 endings and I have never seen anyone talk about this ending where your return everyone's memories except for Io. What is the name of this "extra ending" and what happens differently between this ending (assuming this ending is real) and the "Dweller in the Dark" ending ?

the only different is before you leave you will say "IO" and in the extra ending you wont say "IO". It is almost the same.  But it still counts as an ending. I realized when I finished my third playthroughs since I didnt get the all ending trophy. So I did a new playthrough which did not fix IO's memories(even did not collect all of them) and I get the all ending trophy. Since this ending did not list on the trophy site so I call it"extra"

Edited by KamenRide_DcD
  • Like 1