olephiN_CwC

[Spoiler]Requirements for each ending?

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

the only different is before you leave you will say "IO" and in the extra ending you wont say "IO". It is almost the same.  But it still counts as an ending. I realized when I finished my third playthroughs since I didnt get the all ending trophy. So I did a new playthrough which did not fix IO's memories(even did not collect all of them) and I get the all ending trophy. Since this ending did not list on the trophy site so I call it"extra"

 

 

Oh ok thanks for your answer. It seems like it will add a really unnecessary 4th playthrough then...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to make a concise summary of the ending requirements:

 

  • There are four successors.  You must gather every vestige related to each one, BEFORE fighting them, to have a chance at healing them.  You can complete the vestiges right outside the fight.  There is also Io's vestiges, before the final boss.
  • The ending you get depends on the number of successors you heal.
    • The good (true?) ending (Dweller in the Dark) is obtained by healing everyone.  You must ALSO collect all the vestiges for Io.
    • The bad ending (Heirs) is obtained by healing none.
    • The medium ending (To Eternity) is obtained by healing one, and not the others.  At this point it's confirmed you can heal any one, but it's also probably that you could do 2+2, or perhaps 3+1.
    • There is a 4th ending, which is heal all of the other successors, but not Io.  Can anyone confirm if this gives one of the other 3 ending trophies?  This either does not have a unique trophy associated with it, or gives the medium ending as well. 
  • There is another trophy (Determiner of Fate) for obtaining all endings.  THIS DOES INCLUDE THE "4th" ENDING.

 

 

 

Edited due to confirming some info.

 

This does open up the possibility that still only 3 playthroughs are needed.  I'm unsure if the '4th' ending gives To Eternity, and if it's differing from say, healing the Ribcage, but none of the rest. Not sure on that though.

Edited by Gottesurteil
new info.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gottesurteil said:

The medium ending (To Eternity) is obtained by healing one, and not the others.  Some people in the thread have stated that it's 'heal the first, not the rest' but I can't see that mattering.  It's also probably that you could do 2+2, or perhaps 3+1.Can anyone confirm or deny?

I healed only the 4th one and it counted as this ending. I think it's for "healing any but not all successors".

 

41 minutes ago, Gottesurteil said:

There is another trophy (Determiner of Fate) for obtaining all endings.  This PROBABLY does not include the 4th non trophy ending (though again, the '4th' ending may just be another way to get To Eternity.  Can anyone confirm?

This is exactly why we're discussing the 4th ending. Because it matters here. I got all three ending trophies and not this one, because there has to be more than three endings it counts. If you bother to check the dates of the persons getting this trophy, you will see that the time stamp for Determiner is a different than for any ending trophy (as far as I checked though).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked everyone who has three endings trophy, and only one who got the trophy at the same time with one of the endings is https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9644-code-vein/pinpuro
He did Heirs last.

I wonder if there is really no 4th ending and it is just a bug, i am doing good ending last, and i will back up save file before last boss.

Will try to kill him without collection any Eos vestiges and then with them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

 

Oh ok thanks for your answer. It seems like it will add a really unnecessary 4th playthrough then...

new update,i check the extra ending again with my firend. If you do the extra ending first(in this run,dont collect all(i mean collect not fix) ,leave at least 1 vestige behind) and load(here i mean load on the menu not cloud) the game after you finish the endings,then collect and fix all IO's memories and you can still get the Dweller in the Dark endings. It is possible to get these two endings at the same playthrough. That means you could get all ending on third playthroughs, u dont need to do the 4th run.

Edited by KamenRide_DcD
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it finally confirmed that you can load a previous cloud save (only if you have a PS+ subscription?) to get the Io and Dwellers ending in just one playthrough? I thought someone mentioned before that the playthrough has to complete for the ending to be counted or something...?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

If you do the extra ending first(in this run,dont collect all(i mean collect not fix) ,leave at least 1 vestige behind) and load(here i mean load on the menu not cloud) the game after you finish the endings,then collect and fix all IO's memories and you can still get the Dweller in the Dark endings. It is possible to get these two endings at the same playthrough.

Thank you, i did the same.

 

To summarize what i did.

 

1. To Eternity - Middle ending, restore at least one but not all successors, Io (Eos) does not matter but i restored her.

2. Heirs - bad ending, do not restore any of the successors, i also didn't collect/restored Io vestiges, just run through everything.

3. Dweller in the Dark - good ending, restore all 4 successors, but not Io (Eos) vestiges, I didn't picked them up.

4. After cutscenes in main menu, press Continue, you will load in front of the last boss, collect Io (Eos) vestiges, 3 left in front of the successors arenas: fire, cold and sand, one in Provisional Government Outskirts, 2 in Provisional Government Center. Restore them all, kill the boss again.

 

So 3 play playthroughs is enough, no backup required.

 

Edited by Hartgroove
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So extra ending.

 

when i say IO at the end did i restored all IOs shards or did i not?

Edited by shenik
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hartgroove said:

To summarize what i did.

 

1. To Eternity - Middle ending, restore at least one but not all successors, Io (Eos) does not matter but i restored her.

2. Heirs - bad ending, do not restore any of the successors, i also didn't collect/restored Io vestiges, just run through everything.

3. Dweller in the Dark - good ending, restore all 4 successors, but not Io (Eos) vestiges, I didn't picked them up.

4. After cutscenes in main menu, press Continue, you will load in front of the last boss, collect Io (Eos) vestiges, 3 left in front of the successors arenas: fire, cold and sand, one in Provisional Government Outskirts, 2 in Provisional Government Center. Restore them all, kill the boss again.

 

So 3 play playthroughs is enough, no backup required.

 

So basically you got the 'extra' ending first (step 3), but it still gave you the Dweller in the Dark trophy? To be more specific, can you confirm that to get Io's vestiges aren't necessary for the Dweller in the Dark trophy?   

I.e.

  1. Bad ending - no successors restored
  2. Medium ending - at least one, but not all restored
  3. Good ending - all successors restored, but there are 2 variations you need for the Determiner of Fate trophy, which depends on if you restored Io or not.

Does that sum things up?

 

Oh, and do you think it mattered that you did the good endings last?  I was planning on doing them first.  At this point I plan on just getting all but 1 of Io's vestiges, then trying what you did, with a backup save to cloud just in case...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is that 4th "secret" ending required for trophy? Als, by restoring IOs vestige, do you mean the IOs just before the bosses (just do it the last one after you defeated the final boss?), or collect every single vestige in the game? Some of the explanations here are very confusing. 

Also, do people mean you need to restore memory while inside for true end?

Edited by birbbirb5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shenik said:

when i say IO at the end did i restored all IOs shards or did i not?

At the very end in black screen? Yes, you did restore all.

 

5 hours ago, Gottesurteil said:

So basically you got the 'extra' ending first (step 3), but it still gave you the Dweller in the Dark trophy? To be more specific, can you confirm that to get Io's vestiges aren't necessary for the Dweller in the Dark trophy? 

Yes, to get good ending Dweller in the Dark you don't need Io (Eos) vestiges, i had only 1 from the mini boss fight in the last location, i didn't pick up any from the ground and got good ending.

 

5 hours ago, Gottesurteil said:

Oh, and do you think it mattered that you did the good endings last?  I was planning on doing them first.  At this point I plan on just getting all but 1 of Io's vestiges, then trying what you did, with a backup save to cloud just in case...

I do not think it matters, i did good ending last because i wanted to stop on the more complete good ending. For future DLCs and stuff.

 

4 hours ago, birbbirb5 said:

So is that 4th "secret" ending required for trophy? Als, by restoring IOs vestige, do you mean the IOs just before the bosses (just do it the last one after you defeated the final boss?), or collect every single vestige in the game? Some of the explanations here are very confusing. 

No, i mean Eos vestige, the is a vestige called Eos, it's owner is Io, people call it "Io vestige" when it's in fact Eos vestige. Notice that i always specified in in brackets.

Leda character before 4 successor fights let you restore successor vestiges, but you can do the same in Home base with Io character.

Leda character before last boss fight lets you restore Eos (Io) vestige, but you can do the same in Home base with Io character.

And yes 4th ending is required. There is 2 variants of good ending and you need to do both on one save, i described how i did it before and KamenRide_DcD did it too.

Edited by Hartgroove
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha. Think I understod then. Recover the memory of the successors, but just don't pick up the vestige they drop. Finish the game true end > reload your cleared save file, go back pick them up then finish it again and it should trigger 4th ending. Already have bad and normal ending. So just missing that 2!

 

Sorry native language isn't english so sometimes its hard to understand haha 😊

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

// deleted // - missed Hargroove's post that said the same thing.

Edited by IntrepidHunter
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IntrepidHunter said:

So it seems that you can get the all endings achievement on your 3rd playthrough if you save Dweller to last. You will need to collect all Io's vestiges and restore them  at some point as that + Dweller ending gives you one of the blood codes you need for that particular trophy, but, it will keep the save game file and seeing all endings if you simply fight the final boss twice.

 

Would this still work if the Dwellers ending is your first or second instead of your last? 

 

Like, would the game still register your "4th" ending if you did the not restored Io dweller first, then reloaded the save and restored all the vestiges and beat the boss again then move on to the remaining one or two endings?

 

I'm already on the Dweller ending path and near the end of only first playthrough so it would suck if I had to gathered all the vestiges again during yet another playthrough OTZ

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, XiraRai said:

Would this still work if the Dwellers ending is your first or second instead of your last? 

 

It shouldn't matter when you do it, as long as you do it as described.

Also at least for the successors it did not matter if i restored the vestiges, just having them collected i could revive them, the same probably applies to Eos/Io, so if you already collected them all you may be stuck in Good + "Io" ending already.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for the two good endings, one requires you to do none of the Eos vestiges and one requires you to do some or all of the Eos vestiges?

 

I already did Eos II and III (I is given automatically I believe), so I'm locked out of one of the endings I'm assuming.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

So for the two good endings, one requires you to do none of the Eos vestiges and one requires you to do some or all of the Eos vestiges?

 

I already did Eos II and III (I is given automatically I believe), so I'm locked out of one of the endings I'm assuming.

Pretty sure you need to do ALL of the Eos vestiges in order to get the 'true' ending.  So you can leave the rest where they lay and not restore them (there's like, what, 5 off the top of my head?) and still get the non-true good ending.  It doesn't matter if you only do 0 or if you do 4 (assuming there's 5)... the key point is not to do all of them.

 

Terminology wise, i'll call the 4 endings 'Bad' 'Medium' 'Good' and 'True', with good and true literally 1 word apart lol.

Edited by Gottesurteil
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone was still on the fence about how far you can fix Io memories and still get the good but not true ending.

 

Just finished the game yesterday (first run). Fixed the first 5 Eos vestiges and collected the 6th (f). Completed the game and received the 'good' ending.

 

Continued my game afterwards, fixed the last vestige and beat the boss again for the 'true' ending.

 

So having the vestige with you doesnt affect anything. It is determined if all are fixed or not

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm pretty sure I screwed up. Not surprised, I manage to mess up anything even when all the information is laid out before me.

 

What I did: Restored all four successors, not Io. Beat final boss, landed in home base. Figured that was me beating the game, and that I would click on the door to start NG+.

 

Saved and quit, loaded in, and restore Io's vestiges. Beat final boss, got same cutscene. Landed back in home base, no trophy again. This is when I found out you need to actually click on the door to get the scene where you leave the mist.

 

Does this mean I missed out on the non-Io fourth ending, because I didn't click on the door after beating the final boss the first time? Am I locked to four playthroughs? I knew I should have backed up my save but it just sounded so easy, and my dumbass fucked it up. Had no way to tell either because that ending doesn't give a trophy, otherwise I would have known.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from the guide

 

The proper order to get this trophy in just 3 playthroughs is:

  1. For Bronze To Eternity, beat the game and resurrect more than zero but less than all successors. This is also a good time to collect all vestiges to earn Gold Mender of Minds.
  2. For Bronze Heirs, don't concentrate on any vestiges and resurrect zero successors. This will be a speed run, just beat all the bosses and finish the game to get this ending.
  3. For Bronze Dweller in the Dark, make sure that all vestiges are restored and that you've restored all successors (Aurora, Nicola, Emily and Eva). It's imperative that you do not restore all of Io's vestiges, and refrain from picking up at least one of her vestiges. Leave one uncollected, but remember where it is for after the credits roll. You can restore all but one for this ending to ensure the last ending goes well.
  4. Dweller in the Dark 2: Electric Boogaloo. Once the game has finished the credits sequence, load your cleared game data and you will spawn right before the final boss. To get the final variation on the ending, restore the last of Io's vestiges by talking to her at the home base. Beat the final boss for the last time and watch the credits roll. If you get a black screen and see/hear "Io" being said/show up on screen (if you have subtitles on), you'll know you've done it right. After this, the trophy should pop! If not, you've played this game enough to be able to run through the main story in around 4-5 hours, so playing through to grab a missing one shouldn't be the end of the world. Congrats on clearing all the endings!
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 6:41 AM, Glacier_Silver said:

This is from the guide

 

The proper order to get this trophy in just 3 playthroughs is:

  1. For Bronze To Eternity, beat the game and resurrect more than zero but less than all successors. This is also a good time to collect all vestiges to earn Gold Mender of Minds.
  2. For Bronze Heirs, don't concentrate on any vestiges and resurrect zero successors. This will be a speed run, just beat all the bosses and finish the game to get this ending.
  3. For Bronze Dweller in the Dark, make sure that all vestiges are restored and that you've restored all successors (Aurora, Nicola, Emily and Eva). It's imperative that you do not restore all of Io's vestiges, and refrain from picking up at least one of her vestiges. Leave one uncollected, but remember where it is for after the credits roll. You can restore all but one for this ending to ensure the last ending goes well.
  4. Dweller in the Dark 2: Electric Boogaloo. Once the game has finished the credits sequence, load your cleared game data and you will spawn right before the final boss. To get the final variation on the ending, restore the last of Io's vestiges by talking to her at the home base. Beat the final boss for the last time and watch the credits roll. If you get a black screen and see/hear "Io" being said/show up on screen (if you have subtitles on), you'll know you've done it right. After this, the trophy should pop! If not, you've played this game enough to be able to run through the main story in around 4-5 hours, so playing through to grab a missing one shouldn't be the end of the world. Congrats on clearing all the endings!

For the third one. You can collect all Io's vestiges and still get the "Good" ending. Just don't restore them all. 

   

Personally, it would be better to do Dweller (both Good and True) endings for the first playthrough (plus getting most of the trophies), and then To Eternity and Heirs endings for 2nd and 3rd playthrough, respectively.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.