Grounded Mode

Doougz_

55 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm in this situation too, can't seem to get it on the EU store at all. I think you might need to have a US version of the game to get the Grounded DLC from the US store to work cause DLC is region locked for PS3. It's currently $10, I'll try this and report back. 

Unless you buy the game of the year version that was released in the UK, you'll have to use the US version 

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Unless you buy the game of the year version that was released in the UK, you'll have to use the US version 

What an absolute joke. It's a single player DLC it should be available to purchase/download and has nothing to do with the server shut downs. 

• Like 3

On 9/28/2019 at 6:03 AM, Doougz_ said:

Is there still a way to play in this difficulty? I have the european version and can’t find the dlc in the store. The us version doesn’t seen to work. 

No, grounded/grounded bundle is only available in the US and *Canada ps stores atm. The grounded difficulty mode dlc was moved into the free dlc bundle that was available for about three months before the ps3 mp/factions was shut down on Sept 3 (probably by mistake and/or due to poor instructions).

Also, the dlc version of Left Behind was removed from the ps store at the time of the release of the free bundle (probably due to the same reasons as stated previously).

Until Sony and/or ND do something about it you're sol (even if you get goty edition, the codes won't work).

Edited by Quaddo1
*edit: added "Canada"
  • Like 1

Well they ballsed this up royally. I never bothered getting the MP DLC trophies and wasn't intending to get 100%, but I was planning on doing Left Behind at some point before TLoU2 hits. Don't really want to go through the whole thing again with TLoUR either since I didn't really enjoy playing Factions much and I like to minimise the amount of duplicate games on my list.

No, at least in the EU ps store the dlc version of LB disappeared at the same time of the appearance of the free ps3 add-on bundle. In the US/Canadian ps store both versions are still available for the ps3. Even the online pass is still available for purchase there, which is interesting..... :) 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/search-game/1?direction=desc&platform=ps3&query=last of us&sort=price 

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/grid/search-game/1?direction=desc&platform=ps3&query=last of us&sort=price

(open in an incognito window, or similar, in case you're not located in NA).

The stand-alone version of LB works just as well though, and uses the same trophies/trophy-set as the dlc version.

Edited by Quaddo1

On 9/28/2019 at 1:41 PM, Quaddo1 said:

No, grounded/grounded bundle is only available in the US and *Canada ps stores atm. The grounded difficulty mode dlc was moved into the free dlc bundle that was available for about three months before the ps3 mp/factions was shut down on Sept 3 (probably by mistake and/or due to poor instructions).

Also, the dlc version of Left Behind was removed from the ps store at the time of the release of the free bundle (probably due to the same reasons as stated previously).

Until Sony and/or ND do something about it you're sol (even if you get goty edition, the codes won't work).

Might not work. It's never a guarantee with PS3 games. A lot of codes still work well after their expiration date.

26 minutes ago, Alejandro120298 said:

For everyone that had any problem with the grounfed Mode Dlc: Check your download list in the xmb (alt. view downloads in the ps3 ps store), locate the grounded difficulty mode dlc and then re-download/install it again manually and individually

This thread is for people who have never downloaded the grounded mode DLC before but thanks anyway. 

• Like 3

Yes, it should usdel.

If the game doesn't let you select grounded difficulty mode, go to your download list in the xmb (or view downloads in the ps3 ps store), locate the grounded dlc file, and then download it again manually and individually.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:08 AM, Stocking said:

Might not work. It's never a guarantee with PS3 games. A lot of codes still work well after their expiration date.

Sure, it's always worth a try to enter the voucher codes.

Though, as soon as the free dlc bundle was released people from all over the world kept coming to the different gaming forums I frequent complaining about not being able to use their unused codes (getting the message that they were expired or some similar bs).

• 3 months later...

I tried buying the US version of the game off the US PSN store with my US account but had no way of paying for it as it wouldn't accept my paypal or credit cards. So after putting it off for ages I have sourced a US copy of the game on Amazon and I should have it in the next week or so. I will report back here if it works with the Grounded bundle I downloaded off the US store.

If it does work, once I'm done with it I'll happily mail it to anyone reading this that finds themselves in the same situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

I tried buying the US version of the game off the US PSN store with my US account but had no way of paying for it as it wouldn't accept my paypal or credit cards.

I had this problem when I lived in japan and was looking to buy na versions of games and dlc for my canadian account...thankfully sites like the following now exist which allow you to buy psn cards in many currencies with many currencies...highly recommend if you find yourself in the same situation and don't mind buying digital copies of games...

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/?gclid=CjwKCAiAx_DwBRAfEiwA3vwZYkN23FwW0RI6LibxtNXktQu1XNK2czeejqmcq5ECx_prFuLY0ndNARoCviAQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I had this problem when I lived in japan and was looking to buy na versions of games and dlc for my canadian account...thankfully sites like the following now exist which allow you to buy psn cards in many currencies with many currencies...highly recommend if you find yourself in the same situation and don't mind buying digital copies of games...

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/?gclid=CjwKCAiAx_DwBRAfEiwA3vwZYkN23FwW0RI6LibxtNXktQu1XNK2czeejqmcq5ECx_prFuLY0ndNARoCviAQAvD_BwE

Thanks for that man, I'll definitely use that in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, jonesey46 said:

I tried buying the US version of the game off the US PSN store with my US account but had no way of paying for it as it wouldn't accept my paypal or credit cards. So after putting it off for ages I have sourced a US copy of the game on Amazon and I should have it in the next week or so. I will report back here if it works with the Grounded bundle I downloaded off the US store.

If it does work, once I'm done with it I'll happily mail it to anyone reading this that finds themselves in the same situation.

The games arrived and it works! I installed the game, re-downloaded Grounded Mode off my US account, logged into my main account, launched the game and Grounded mode is available to play.

One slight set back, and something I didn't even consider, is that all my save files are incompatible with this version. Which means I'm definitely in for two playthroughs. One on Grounded and one on Grounded +. I was hoping to utilise the NG+ glitch to only have to play through the game on Grounded once but tbh I'm just glad it works and I can now get 100%.

Like I said if there's anyone reading this that is in the same situation as me and needs a US copy of the game to get the Grounded trophies then message me and I'll post the game out to you once I'm done with it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Is available a disc version of the UK GOTY or I have to take the digital?

59 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Beware though, the GOTY edition of the game only comes with codes for the DLC, it is not on the disc, so if it is a used game, the DLC will likely already have been redeemed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2019 at 0:29 AM, Alejandro120298 said:

For everyone that had any problem with the grounfed Mode Dlc: Check your download list in the xmb (alt. view downloads in the ps3 ps store), locate the grounded difficulty mode dlc and then re-download/install it again manually and individually

life saver dude i just my dl i have it lucky me

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, dansussex said:

I think grounded mode plus comes with grounded mode.  So both should be available in-game of the year right?

Yes, they are from the same DLC.

But I'm not sure if the DLC in the game of the year edition is on disc or with a code. Check that out if you're planning on buying it used.

Edited by Kolm