regislc30

Trophies Thoughts?

16 posts in this topic

I´m seeing that will be at least 8 playthroughs for platinum (one for each ending if not possible to see more than one in same playthrough). Anyone that played it in the past can confirm this.

I played a fan-translation many years ago on the snes. I can confirm, that you can recruit multiple main characters during one playtrough. Therefore I think you can earn the endings of all recruited characters at once. I think it might take 3 to 4 playtroughs to get all. But of course I am not a 100% sure.

What interests me is the difficulty. Back than I used cheats, so I dont remember it anymore. I think its similiar to the second one. With enemies getting stronger as you level up. I don‘t like that I have to avoid encounters. Anybody know if the 3rd is the same or a bit more lenient?

Edited by Ranari_Kai

On 29.9.2019 at 9:46 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

How similar is this to Saga Frontier? I loved that game on the PS1.

The battle-system is very similiar, the same goes for the way you level up and learn skills. The rest not so much. While you have the choice between 8 different characters, no matter who you choose, the story is the same. The only differences are the prologue, which is unique for everybody and some smaller differences in dialogue and the way some quest play out. Also some chars can't enter some locations untel certain quest etc.

The game is pretty much open world. You have some main quest you have do to be able to fight the final boss, but 80% of the game are optional side quest to level up, get some story and recruit characters. You can do most quest in any order. 

About missable trophies:

I think most of the character-based trophies will be missable. It seems you have to finish the game with each of the main chars in your party (you choose one of them at the beginning as you main and you can recruit the rest of them later). Your Party consists of 6 char. You can choose 4 of them freely (excluding your main and a mandatory member). Therefore 2 playtroughs at least.

The non-main chars are sometimes tricky to recruit. Take Hermann as example: That old pirate guy is a pretty bad char, but you have to have him in your party while beating the water abyss gate. Then his curse breaks and he turns into Black (a very good char by the way).

You might be able to get all these Char-throphies in one playtrough, but that might be tricky.

Three tips if you wan't to play this game:

-Create your dream team party early on and train them well. Chars who join later will be weaker because they are still untrained. Therefore a char you recruit endgame will be nearly useless, if you don't grind a lot.

-Use magic. Its really, really strong and neccessary at the endgame.

I skipped the remake of the second one, but I think I get this one. The nostalgia is pretty strong ;)

Edited by Ranari_Kai

The Trophylist looks a bit dull tbh, same goes for the objectives and avatars. So I hope all the good is safed for the game itself. 

On 30/09/2019 at 9:16 AM, Ranari_Kai said:

The battle-system is very similiar, the same goes for the way you level up and learn skills. The rest not so much. While you have the choice between 8 different characters, no matter who you choose, the story is the same. The only differences are the prologue, which is unique for everybody and some smaller differences in dialogue and the way some quest play out. Also some chars can't enter some locations untel certain quest etc.

The game is pretty much open world. You have some main quest you have do to be able to fight the final boss, but 80% of the game are optional side quest to level up, get some story and recruit characters. You can do most quest in any order. 

About missable trophies:

I think most of the character-based trophies will be missable. It seems you have to finish the game with each of the main chars in your party (you choose one of them at the beginning as you main and you can recruit the rest of them later). Your Party consists of 6 char. You can choose 4 of them freely (excluding your main and a mandatory member). Therefore 2 playtroughs at least.

The non-main chars are sometimes tricky to recruit. Take Hermann as example: That old pirate guy is a pretty bad char, but you have to have him in your party while beating the water abyss gate. Then his curse breaks and he turns into Black (a very good char by the way).

You might be able to get all these Char-throphies in one playtrough, but that might be tricky.

Three tips if you wan't to play this game:

-Create your dream team party early on and train them well. Chars who join later will be weaker because they are still untrained. Therefore a char you recruit endgame will be nearly useless, if you don't grind a lot.

-Use magic. Its really, really strong and neccessary at the endgame.

I skipped the remake of the second one, but I think I get this one. The nostalgia is pretty strong ;)

So I’m playing as Sarah and recruited young boy, what should I do next. How do I continue the story? I’m very lost 

1 hour ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

So I’m playing as Sarah and recruited young boy, what should I do next. How do I continue the story? I’m very lost 

Have a look at the walktrough-section of this site:

https://romancing-saga-3.blogspot.com/

It list every main- and sidequest sorted after difficulty. So you play the game in the most efficient manner.

As to what to do: Do whatever quest you like. Grind a lot. Recruit characters you plan to use. The main quest you have to do are the abyss gates. Look them up. The game does not hold your hand. You can do pretty much everything you like. 

7 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Have a look at the walktrough-section of this site:

https://romancing-saga-3.blogspot.com/

It list every main- and sidequest sorted after difficulty. So you play the game in the most efficient manner.

As to what to do: Do whatever quest you like. Grind a lot. Recruit characters you plan to use. The main quest you have to do are the abyss gates. Look them up. The game does not hold your hand. You can do pretty much everything you like. 

Thanks for the info, it just feels like I’ve been walking around for a couple of hours, I feel I’ve spoken to everyone 5 times. Like I don’t know what to do the progress. I shall look at the link anyway, thanks

11 minutes ago, Belmont_Cain said:

My trophy list for this game isn't showing up??  I've never had that happen before, possible Bug??

I had the same issue, until I recruited a party member, trophy popped and the list synced like normal. 

I started playing the game yesterday and I completely forgot how cryptic it is.

A few tips:

-Talk with all NPCs. You unlock new town, dungeons and quests sometime.

-Visit the harbour and look if you can buy passage to new towns. Once you visited them, they are opened on the worldmap.

-Use the guide I linked above and just do some quest to grow stronger.

-To actually continue the story you need to progress certain quests, to unlock the 4 abyss gates. Also you need to grind a bit, to be able to survive.

-If a character reaches 0 LP he or she dies permanently! you can refresh LP in Inns or with potions.

-Commander Mode: Choose a formation for one character less than in your party (so a 4-character formation with 5 member). Your main character becomes the commander. This changes the battle system completely. This is especially important with Sara. Put her in commander mode asap and keep her there. Sara is the only one who fights the final battle in commander mode, therefore you should train her for that. I am not sure how useful it is for everybody else.

-Do not run into enemies. Your formation will break. Be sure to always walk into an encounter.

-For trophies, it was already said, but: You need at least two whole playtroughs. One with Sara, one with Katherine as the MC. These two can't be recruited otherwise.

You might wait a bit, if this is to cryptic for you. The guy who wrote the Romancing Saga 2 trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org is working on a guide for this game. Otherwise try out the linked guide.

1 hour ago, MissDreamer said:

I had the same issue, until I recruited a party member, trophy popped and the list synced like normal. 

Thank you. :)

8 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

A few tips:

-Visit the harbour and look if you can buy passage to new towns. Once you visited them, they are opened on the worldmap.

-To actually continue the story you need to progress certain quests, to unlock the 4 abyss gates. Also you need to grind a bit, to be able to survive.

-If a character reaches 0 LP he or she dies permanently! you can refresh LP in Inns or with potions.

-Commander Mode: Choose a formation for one character less than in your party (so a 4-character formation with 5 member). Your main character becomes the commander. This changes the battle system completely. This is especially important with Sara. Put her in commander mode asap and keep her there. Sara is the only one who fights the final battle in commander mode, therefore you should train her for that. I am not sure how useful it is for everybody else.

-Do not run into enemies. Your formation will break. Be sure to always walk into an encounter.

-For trophies, it was already said, but: You need at least two whole playtroughs. One with Sara, one with Katherine as the MC. These two can't be recruited otherwise.

You might wait a bit, if this is to cryptic for you. The guy who wrote the Romancing Saga 2 trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org is working on a guide for this game. Otherwise try out the linked guide.

I really dislike permadeath in games.  My enthusiasm for this game has been reduced by 2%.

On 12/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, Ranari_Kai said:

A few tips:

tried to use the walktrough in the linked site . but after i found gong in the dungeon the guide says go to lance . and its not on the world map or when i take the ship in the port 

its pretty confusing :/

10 hours ago, AllanGronkjaer said:

tried to use the walktrough in the linked site . but after i found gong in the dungeon the guide says go to lance . and its not on the world map or when i take the ship in the port 

its pretty confusing :/

Yeah it is confusing in the beginning. The walktrough presumes that you have already unlocked most places on the worldmap and doesn't tell you how. 

This is the section you need: https://romancing-saga-3.blogspot.com/p/rs3-world-map.html#open

Just do everything on that page and you can unlock like 90% of the worldmap in a short time.

oh yeah, the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org is finished and I have bad news: You only unlock the ending-trophy for your MC. That means the game requires 8 playthroughs :(

That is going to take some time... I personally hope for some sort of speedrun guide.

Edited by Ranari_Kai