How hard is Leviathan + Prestige Leviathan These Days?

ReverseLag

On 9/28/2019 at 3:43 PM, ReverseLag said:

How hard are they to do these days?

It is hard to say, since meta is changing with Shadowkeep, but with practice, good fireteam and proper guns it shouldn't be a big problem.

Can you find people running them?

Since they are releasing armor 2.0, I think a lot of people would like to do the raid to get the full set of the new version of the armor.

Are they going to be easier when Shadow-keep comes out?

Only if Shadowkeep will have an OP gun, but otherwise I don't think so, since your power level is reduced to ~330.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 9:43 AM, ReverseLag said:

Like the title suggests. I was just looking around my trophies and realized that I only need these 2 to get the platinum on Destiny 2.

How hard are they to do these days? Can you find people running them? Are they going to be easier when Shadow-keep comes out? etc.

Honestly none of the Destiny raids are that bad. maybe 5/10 in difficulty. The real issue is getting 5 other people that know what they are doing. Finding groups that want to do it just for the trophy can be rough because most don't have the experience and it becomes a strugglebus. LFG and the like are not a lot better because most people on there main destiny and want to be done in a little over an hour, and so are not wiling to teach. Your best bet would be to hit up reddit for a sherpa. It will likely be a slow clear, but you have the best odds of getting it done. 

People do still run them, but not as much. As was said above this may change in Shadowkeep as armor 2.0 will be an incentive. It is unclear how shadowkeep will impact the runs, as it will all depend on what the new guns do. 

• Like 2

Yeah I remember doing flawless vault of glass runs with people I found on trophy hunting forums, even with hardcore players it took us like 20-30 hours to complete.

Obviously hardcore leviathan is probably way easier but everybody probably has the trophies by now.

Hopefully I can find some sherpas

22 hours ago, ReverseLag said:

Yeah I remember doing flawless vault of glass runs with people I found on trophy hunting forums, even with hardcore players it took us like 20-30 hours to complete.

Don't bother trying to raid with other trophy hunters. Join a dedicated Destiny discord servers (not gonna put any links but I'm sure you find them). Everytime I see a raid session on PSNP for Destiny 1/2 I know it's probably never gonna happen.

Also, I'm curious why did you decide to flawless VOG and not Crota? It's a much longer AND harder raid ?

31 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Random...but can you matchmake raids or do you have to assemble a team to do it? Not started Destiny 2 yet, I don't have many friends who play the game.

There is technically a thing called guide games. As a group of 5 you can match with 1 other players, to guide them through the raid. As a solo you can match with a group of 5 to be guided. Thing is it takes around an hour or more to get matched as solo, and the couple of times I have done it I got put in with a group that did not want to teach and was just hoping to pick up a sixth who knew what to do. Full matchmaking where it just makes a group of 6 will never work. You have to know what to do and be willing to talk, even one person being mic less or new will make a run all but impossible. There are several ways to find groups though, reddit, DestinyLFG, discord, ect. Your best bet is Destiny Sherpa, they know you are new and they are willing to take x hours to get a group through. LFG will more then likely want you to have X clears and X gear before they will invite you. They want to be done in under an hour, as its mostly just people doing the weekly clear. Discords are a mixed bag, some can be really cool and will take you through no issue, some want you to be an active member and have no interest in helping someone who is going to be one and done. If you look for a group I would not mention you are doing it for the trophy. A lot of Destiny mains will assume you are hot garbage and just want a full carry.

23 hours ago, ReverseLag said:

Obviously hardcore leviathan is probably way easier but everybody probably has the trophies by now.

Hopefully I can find some sherpas

Hardcore Levi is not that bad. Gauntlet is still easy you just need to have everyone run, which is simple enough. Dogs are more or less the same, they move different and there are two more but you can still down them easy enough. Baths has some new movements that need to be done, but nothing big. Only thing that gets rough is the Calus fight. Everyone has to know every mechanic in and out of the shadow realm and be able to adapt quickly as roles constantly change. Mechanically its not that complex, you just need good communication. 

• Like 1

Sounds exactly the same as before, So not much has changed. Good thing for me because the game is an 80gb +  download. I still think they will add some form of  matchmaking difficulty eventually. Bungie is on it's own now and has to pay it's own bills. I don't think keeping a bunch of cool content locked away from the majority of your paying customers is a good business strategy

Edited by VanDeaM

6 hours ago, VanDeaM said:

Sounds exactly the same as before, So not much has changed. Good thing for me because the game is an 80gb +  download. I still think they will add some form of  matchmaking difficulty eventually. Bungie is on it's own now and has to pay it's own bills. I don't think keeping a bunch of cool content locked away from the majority of your paying customers is a good business strategy

They would have to rework all of the old raids to basically have no mechanics. I don't see it happening. Destiny has been this successful so far and only something like 10 percent of the players do raids. Most of the player base just does not care that much. I think it would be nice if going forward they designed other activities that used the raid space so that people could still play around in it, but raids should stay as they are. 

On 10/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, Sydoki said:

Don't bother trying to raid with other trophy hunters. Join a dedicated Destiny discord servers (not gonna put any links but I'm sure you find them). Everytime I see a raid session on PSNP for Destiny 1/2 I know it's probably never gonna happen.

Also, I'm curious why did you decide to flawless VOG and not Crota? It's a much longer AND harder raid 1f914.png

There was no Crota or any other easier raids when Destiny First Came out ;p