Infinity Ward asks people to think of developers in wake of Modern Warfare backlash

Infinity Ward and Activision recently caused quite a controversy when evidence there will be loot boxes in Modern Warfare was found during the beta and, more importantly, Special Ops Survival mode is exclusive to PS4 until about the time the next Call of Duty comes out. They told people essentially to have pity on the developers.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/27/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-dev-asks-fans-to-consider-developers-in-wake-of-outrage

Do they really think that'll help? :facepalm: If anything, it'll just make things worse. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

In the end no matter the what happens further on, the game will sell good enough for them screwing us over with the game after that one. As long as the majority doesn't care about those issues, we will never get a fair treatment.

Let's say we reap what our once seeded in the PS3 era. Glory to the digitalization.

I mean, it’s not the devs fault 9/10 times it’s the publishers decision. One of the Epic Store bullshit paid to remove games from competitors devs was in the process of programming the steam achievements when they learned the news (which is when everyone did), it’s hardly the devs fault. Doesn’t exude the shitty publisher of course. In fact, it makes the publisher even worse for rail roading their dev teams with bullshit all the time which the publishers know reflect on the developers too. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

If you don't want to be criticised for the shady shit that Activision does then maybe you shouldn't work for Activision in the first place...

The world is not puppy and lollipop, if you dont have a publisher you dont have the money to do the game, and inifinity ward was nothing without activision, atm i dont see any other publisher just take infinity war to do an other pseudo FPS like COD.

The best part about this is that people are acting like it's a new thing. Destiny had year long exclusive content every year of it's run under Activision. The only difference is, the Destiny content was content people would've actually played lol.

They've had a deal like this in place for half a decade, literally. Why is it news now?

• Like 1

I don't know why people are still surprised by stuff like this. EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc will keep putting this shit in their games because people let them in the past. I mean who are the people out there still preordering this stuff and being surprised by it.

Also this is an old comic but fits this situation

fan-complaints.jpg

• Like 4

Just remember: Every one of you (presumably) has (or has had) a job. Now think about how many snarky comments from random passersby you're willing to put up with before you want to shove whichever tool you use to perform your job up the ass of said passerby because they seem to think you're the one that makes the decisions at your workplace.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Just remember: Every one of you (presumably) has (or has had) a job. Now think about how many snarky comments from random passersby you're willing to put up with before you want to shove whichever tool you use to perform your job up the ass of said passerby because they seem to think you're the one that makes the decisions at your workplace.

My point was asking people to feel for the developers is probably going to backfire and just intensify the backlash.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SKyZoX9 said:

The world is not puppy and lollipop, if you dont have a publisher you dont have the money to do the game, and inifinity ward was nothing without activision, atm i dont see any other publisher just take infinity war to do an other pseudo FPS like COD.

There's plenty of other companies you could work at in the game industry, or you could even be an indie dev if you wanted. If you're not willing to do either of those things and would rather work for Activision instead, then yeah people have every right to criticise you for doing so.

Oh, and how is COD not a real FPS?

2 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

If you're not willing to do either of those things and would rather work for Activision instead, then yeah people have every right to criticise you for doing so.

Thats not how life work, the gaming is an industry you evaluate risk and peoples job are at risk, also infinity ward was always supported by activision it wasnt a big thing before it lol. You are just seeing your point of view and its white and black like activision is an evil company or something. Sure they are greedy bastards, but they are because of us the consumers who always respond with money. Dont put the shift on infinity ward its BS.

• Like 1

I couldn't care less about the monetization, I've never bought a microtransaction and that isn't going to change. It's just how the industry is now and it isn't going to change anytime soon. However, I found the game to just be hot trash. The time to kill is far to low. Every game felt like hardcore, and I absolutely hate it and this is coming from someone who has bought every cod up to this point. This one will end that streak.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, SKyZoX9 said:

right 

but you cant let someone rape you because he helped you 

• Like 1