Capcom Shelves Darkstalkers After Poor Resurrection Sales

Oh well?

darkstalkersdetails_610.jpg

Fighting games have seen an enormous wellspring of attention from the community at large over the past five years. The resurgence was spurred in large part by Street Fighter IV, which is about to get yet another iteration.

Unfortunately for fans, Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't garner quite as much enthusiasm as Capcom had hoped. The title failed to reach sales expectations, and the publisher has unfortunately decided to put the franchise back in cold storage.

ya i just read this and i dont know what they expected considering that the game is over 10 years old

And it barely got any of the attention level Street Fighter did, which is a shame because Darkstalkers 3 is one of the best fighting games imo and its very accessible to newcomers as well.

But this wasn't the way to make sure there was an audience for it, might as well shelf that JoJo fighter they were going to make.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Capcom was just looking for an excuse to not make a new darkstalkers game and that's all there is to it.

First off, this was priced too high. Second, they didn't put the same care they put into say, Street Fighter 3's port or even the marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 ports. If you have them all like I do you can see it clear as day that the Darkstalkers port was literally thrown together with little to no care at all.

They just used the poor sales that THEY themselves were at fault for to say " see, you don't want darkstalkers as much as you fans say you do".