TLOU - Will they release a copy without Multiplayer?

Titanomachy_75

Uhh, what? PS4 servers are still up and running, as far as I know. 

Edit: Ohhh, the title and wording confused me a bit. But as others have said, they likely won't release another version without the multiplayer. Unless they make a PS5 version, and decide not to put it in. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Will they release a copy without the multiplayer like they did with uncharted? I like to play the game but I will not pick it up if the trophies are still there! 

Unless they are releasing a 2nd remaster for ps5 it is pretty unlikely.

Edited by GoDBoss173

Just now, GoDBoss173 said:

Well the trophies trophies arent hard just a bit time consuming. It would be a shame to miss that game for that reason, tbh the MP here was quite enjoyable and I dont like most MP.

See thats the point I dont have time anymore .. To grind .. I have 2 kids and a family .. I just wish developers would stop added these MP trophies to main game!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

See thats the point I dont have time anymore .. To grind .. I have 2 kids and a family .. I just wish developers would stop added these MP trophies to main game!!!! 

Why dont you play the SP on an alt account/profile?

Edited by GoDBoss173

Missing out on a great game

On 29/09/2019 at 11:24 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

naw seeing the empty trophy spots will still piss me off ..I have ocd i guess lol

Missing out on a great single player bro, just create an alt account, play the single player and then delete the profile of you ps4?

• Like 3

It's not like you'll ever have a 100% perfect completion on your profile anyway, with Uncharted 3 and a handful of fighting games on there.

Besides, the multiplayer is the easy part. Getting through Grounded and Grounded+ is what takes most time and effort. :D

2 hours ago, soniq said:

It's not like you'll ever have a 100% perfect completion on your profile anyway, with Uncharted 3 and a handful of fighting games on there.

Besides, the multiplayer is the easy part. Getting through Grounded and Grounded+ is what takes most time and effort. :D

Not going for 100% like to but not going to happen lol .. But I am trying to get pass 99 % when I get there ... I may pick it up and try it. If its easy then I will give it a go :)

I would love a re-release without MP, but I think its unlikely considering they've already re-released it on PS4.

I always played TLOU on backup accounts on PS3 and PS4 so I didn't need to worry about trophies (played the story through 3 times). Although this is my favorite PlayStation exclusive ever (and 4th favourite game ever), I think the trophy list for TLOU is terrible. The single-player trophies are so unimaginative, and the MP was a pointless tack-on. I for one am very glad TLOU Part II won't have any MP (although I'd welcome it as a standalone release if its given some love), as I will now likely go for the platinum short of a one-death type of trophy. I just hope the trophies don't purely come down to completing the game on the hardest difficulty and collecting all collectibles without any trophies in between (i.e. story-related or misc. trophies). 

P.S. TLOU Part II will have an NG+ patch with trophies, I'm almost certain, and if it's half as good as 1 I won't give a shit for once. 

On 29/09/2019 at 2:54 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

naw seeing the empty trophy spots will still piss me off ..I have ocd i guess lol

I have massive completionist "OCD" too, but if you can get into the habit of playing and completing 90% of your games on your main and then having a backup "sin" profile for the few you can't I can almost assure you that you won't regret it. I started doing this in 2017, and I haven't missed out on many gaming experiences as a result. I struggle to put something on my main profile KNOWING I can't complete it, but I'd equally struggle to miss on a potential game of the generation just because of trophies, so I just chuck them on a backup. The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding will be such examples if their platinum difficulty exceeds 7/10.

Edited by PhantomFear94

The multiplayer trophies for TLOU (Remastered) and its DLC were perfect.  All obtained naturally from playing the mode, which was quite enjoyable.  

Compare that to the nonsense of Uncharted 2 and 3 DLC that was anything but naturally acquired and needed hours upon hours of boosting.

Disappointed there is no MP for Part II.

3 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I didn't appreciate there was a difference? 

Between PS3 and PS4?  Yes, the PS3 ones required you not to die and get 3 kills/put downs per map.  The PS4 ones were 5 kills/put downs but you could die so all earned naturally.  Still active and I highly recommend!

Edited by djb5f

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I would love a re-release without MP, but I think its unlikely considering they've already re-released it on PS4.

I always played TLOU on backup accounts on PS3 and PS4 so I didn't need to worry about trophies (played the story through 3 times). Although this is my favorite PlayStation exclusive ever (and 4th favourite game ever), I think the trophy list for TLOU is terrible. The single-player trophies are so unimaginative, and the MP was a pointless tack-on. I for one am very glad TLOU Part II won't have any MP (although I'd welcome it as a standalone release if its given some love), as I will now likely go for the platinum short of a one-death type of trophy. I just hope the trophies don't purely come down to completing the game on the hardest difficulty and collecting all collectibles without any trophies in between (i.e. story-related or misc. trophies). 

P.S. TLOU Part II will have an NG+ patch with trophies, I'm almost certain, and if it's half as good as 1 I won't give a shit for once. 

I have massive completionist "OCD" too, but if you can get into the habit of playing and completing 90% of your games on your main and then having a backup "sin" profile for the few you can't I can almost assure you that you won't regret it. I started doing this in 2017, and I haven't missed out on many gaming experiences as a result. I struggle to put something on my main profile KNOWING I can't complete it, but I'd equally struggle to miss on a potential game of the generation just because of trophies, so I just chuck them on a backup. The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding will be such examples if their platinum difficulty exceeds 7/10.

I just downloaded it .. so, maybe I will play it soon! Just wondering is there a de-bug mode for mutiplayer so I can get the trophies is like 5 mins lol i know there is not but maybe there is lol cause I just read the trophy guide one trophy i have to play a whole month to get WTF!! This must the longest grind in history sigh

Edited by Titanomachy_75

11 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I just downloaded it .. so, maybe I will play it soon! Just wondering is there a de-bug mode for mutiplayer so I can get the trophies is like 5 mins lol i know there is not but maybe there is lol cause I just read the trophy guide one trophy i have to play a whole month to get WTF!! This must the longest grind in history sigh

There isn't and you misunderstood what the guide meant. The MP has what's called a journey and it lasts 12 weeks but it isn't in real-time. One match is 1 day of the journey so what it means is that to complete a single journey you'll need to complete 84 matches if I didn't count wrong. If you quit the match then it'll count as a day passed so you can use that to reduce the grind just take note that you'll be penalized for doing that in the form of your clan getting sick/deaths so only use it if you have at least a few clan members alive and healthy.

11 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

There isn't and you misunderstood what the guide meant. The MP has what's called a journey and it lasts 12 weeks but it isn't in real-time. One match is 1 day of the journey so what it means is that to complete a single journey you'll need to complete 84 matches if I didn't count wrong. If you quit the match then it'll count as a day passed so you can use that to reduce the grind just take note that you'll be penalized for doing that in the form of your clan getting sick/deaths so only use it if you have at least a few clan members alive and healthy.

SO, can i just spam play and quit 84 times ... If so, should be quick then 

No, because every few matches you'll get the option to complete a challenge and five times you have to pass at least tier 1 of a challenge or your whole clan dies. Check the link below.

There are very easy ones for that purpose though, like heal teammates (stick close with the medic skill and hold the button), mark enemies, give crafting items, and so on. Each challenge can only be completed once, so save the easiest ones for that occasion. As long as you have one survivor in your clan at the end you get the trophy.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/596-the-last-of-us-multiplayer-missions-guide

It sounds way more complicated than it is.

Edited by soniq

On 10/2/2019 at 4:55 AM, soniq said:

No, because every few matches you'll get the option to complete a challenge and five times you have to pass at least tier 1 of a challenge or your whole clan dies. Check the link below.

There are very easy ones for that purpose though, like heal teammates (stick close with the medic skill and hold the button), mark enemies, give crafting items, and so on. Each challenge can only be completed once, so save the easiest ones for that occasion. As long as you have one survivor in your clan at the end you get the trophy.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/596-the-last-of-us-multiplayer-missions-guide

It sounds way more complicated than it is.

it does sound complicated .. lol I may just pass on the game .. dont want to spend soo much time on multiplayer.

Edited by Titanomachy_75

On 9/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Then I wont play this game

I realize not every game is for everyone, and not everyone enjoys the same things .....

With that said, don't skip out on one of the best experiences on Playstation, simply because the game has some multiplayer trophies that take about 12 - 24 hours ( actual playing time ) and are so incredibly easy even some people's grandma's could do them... For the most part, I absolutely loathe PvP shooter-type multiplayer games, but this game's multiplayer is so unique and incredibly enjoyable that I managed to play it exclusively for over 3 months. I've also got a ton of personal responsibilities, and if you really want to platinum a game, you'll find time to do it somehow. Play a few hours a day, and you'll have it done within a week.

• Like 2