Thoughts on Trophies

16 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

I never thought we'd see a way third enrty, let alone a fourth. List looks good, but I preferred the full 3D of the third. 

Sadly fans didn't like it... it's a shame, there's greatness in what they did with Trine 3. I don't think for a Trine game, but for something similar because most of the "Trine" aspects (grappling, conjuring boxes, etc) didn't translate well. But the core platforming, Pontius' worked and translated well. And we'll not be getting a resolution to the story of 3 either... they'd like to do  something, but a game is obviously not going to happen. And I doubt we'll get a comic or anything either honestly... 3 had the best lore too. :/

4's story is it's own thing which sucks. They could've just continued from 3 with this one... oh well.

topic - Looks like Trine 2 on PS4 will remain the hardest plat in the series. (and the only one I still don't have..) can't wait to play Trine 4. I hope it's a bit more like Trine 1 than it is like Trine 2. I don't like how many puzzles are in 2. It's just tedious, especially with how long the levels are [especially while doing hard + hardcore...]. Something about 2 just doesn't click as much for me. Not sure why. And I hope they translated Amadeus' ability to smash his boxes down from 3 into 2.5D, because him being able to actually fight more usefully was great. And I really hope they just make Kite Shield for Pontius work like it did in 3 (assuming the ability returns, but it's been in 2/3 so it probably will; can't remember what trailers have shown off lol).

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Ordered the Ultimate Collection. Seems like the platinums get easier as the games go on. Looking forward to playing all 4 of them.

I've only played one of them, though I have a couple bought. I'm definitely looking to try out the Ultimate Collection as well, since I do like platformers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

It's listed for $41.94 on Amazon, $8 off MSRP right now.

I'm more likely to rent from GameFly. I try not to buy too many games, as Doom and Star Wars are coming out soon -- so I rent games, and if I like them (like with Shadow of Mordor), I buy the case. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm actually pleasantly suprised that it is a 100% completion rate trophy list only and no 'complete the game on hard mode', 'complete a level without getting hit/with a certain character' or any other miscellaneous trophies as other titles in the series did have those included.

Now there's an idea for DLC or perhaps a Trine Anthology on PS5.

It's very casual, even easier than Trine 1. Except the Hard/Hardcore run, there aren't any trophies for doing specific things like finish a level with one character or kill enemies with other enemies etc. I will get it regardless, i'm glad they dropped the awful 3D from Trine 3, this game is better in 2D

• Like 1

Trophy list seems just like a copy from Trine 3. Beat every level, collect every experience and "ding" platinum pops. Although there are "knicknacks" to collect, whatever it'll be. I think it'll be short, common platinum which don't justify buying the game at full price. But I definitely try the game after a discount.