Is Season Pass needed or does it help trophies?

Sephinova

Just curious as I wanted to pick this up to try before it becomes a desert or online servers shut down. Question is, do I need the season pass (that is the DLC's) to get the trophies or are they not needed? Don't wanna invest in base game only if the version with the DLC's actually is a better value (IF they're needed).

The dlc isn't needed and it may reduce a little bit the titles grind, but that grind is insignificant when there's the treasure chest grind to do.. 

Get the dlc only if you are interested in the characters and remember that only the first 6 are in the season pass, Tifa isn't part of the season pass. 

The online has bots to fill out players (and the exploit for easy AAA ranks takes advantage of this), so, as long as the servers are still up, there's no need to worry. 

I think that they may have add a new way to get treasure chests from challenges (that was the impression that it gave me the last time that I checked the game, but didn't stayed around long enough to understand what it really was), so maybe we don't need to lvl up all the way to 150+ (or was it 200+) to get the treasure hunter trophy. 

47 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The dlc isn't needed and it may reduce a little bit the titles grind, but that grind is insignificant when there's the treasure chest grind to do.. 

Get the dlc only if you are interested in the characters and remember that only the first 6 are in the season pass, Tifa isn't part of the season pass. 

The online has bots to fill out players (and the exploit for easy AAA ranks takes advantage of this), so, as long as the servers are still up, there's no need to worry. 

I think that they may have add a new way to get treasure chests from challenges (that was the impression that it gave me the last time that I checked the game, but didn't stayed around long enough to understand what it really was), so maybe we don't need to lvl up all the way to 150+ (or was it 200+) to get the treasure hunter trophy. 

I see, so the real grindy bit is leveling up that much for the treasure hunter. I'll keep that in mind. At least DLC aren't needed so that saves me some money when I do get it. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Sephinova said:

I see, so the real grindy bit is leveling up that much for the treasure hunter. I'll keep that in mind. At least DLC aren't needed so that saves me some money when I do get it. Thanks!

Yes, that's the real grind. 

If you want me to check about the challenges giving treasure chests, just message me (here or psn) on Saturday reminding me of this. 

I only have access to the ps4 on Saturdays, and have been focusing my attention on other games (that's actually why I kind of miss all the offline trophies on this game, since I kind of stopped after getting all online trophies). 

Also, look over the trophy last and how to earn the several miscellaneous trophies, because all trophies require you to do something several times on several matches, and there's no real tracking of said stuff (and you can easily get everything on your way to 300 wins). 

12 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yes, that's the real grind. 

If you want me to check about the challenges giving treasure chests, just message me (here or psn) on Saturday reminding me of this. 

I only have access to the ps4 on Saturdays, and have been focusing my attention on other games (that's actually why I kind of miss all the offline trophies on this game, since I kind of stopped after getting all online trophies). 

Also, look over the trophy last and how to earn the several miscellaneous trophies, because all trophies require you to do something several times on several matches, and there's no real tracking of said stuff (and you can easily get everything on your way to 300 wins). 

Appreciate your help. I'll add you on PSN then and try to contact you later! :)