Bibi and Tina Trophy Thoughts?

Wow, just wow! Another game aimed at girls between 5 and 10. This really reminds me of the end of the PS2 era when the system was flooded with tons and tons of shovelware. PS4 reached that spot now. What Midas Interactive did back in the is now done by companies like familyplay or Ratalaika. Time to move on to another system.

5 hours ago, maxijodi said:

seems to be THE SAME game as

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8414-bibi-tina-adventures-with-horses

but a new stack

or am I wrong?

You are wrong :) Different missions and new trophies related to taking care about the horses.

Probably it will be super similar, but a bit different.

Collectibles again... They were mega annoying in the previous one...

41 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

Why do I get the felling this is an easy plat?

Because it is a kids game, because You read the trophy descriptions, because maybe you are familiar with previous games from this series or maybe you have great intuition.

Yes it will be/is 1/10 diff. game.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Wow, just wow! Another game aimed at girls between 5 and 10. This really reminds me of the end of the PS2 era when the system was flooded with tons and tons of shovelware. PS4 reached that spot now. What Midas Interactive did back in the is now done by companies like familyplay or Ratalaika. Time to move on to another system.

Doing games for kids which are easy because they are for kids is one thing. Porting cheap handygames with instant plats and 20 stacks per game to cash in on trophy whores and ruin the trophy system is something completely different. I don't think it's fair to put these games here on the same spot as the Ratalaika crap. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

The amount of games that are coming out each day is insane man. Everyday a couple new trophy lists are popping up. Endless trophies, and impossible to catch up 1f629.png.

Well, if I had to pick a couple to skip, this game would be one of the easier choices :D

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Doing games for kids which are easy because they are for kids is one thing. Porting cheap handygames with instant plats and 20 stacks per game to cash in on trophy whores and ruin the trophy system is something completely different. I don't think it's fair to put these games here on the same spot as the Ratalaika crap. 

does anyone game for fun anymore? i dont think the trophy system is as important as alot of people make it out to be.... i have 373 platinums... but that is not my crowning life achievement... ill admit i play ratalaika games but i actually have fun playing them...same as powgi... just mindless fun... 

also ....does the fact that a game targeted at small children is made by "Kiddinx" make anyone else uncomfortable?

Edited by Livingstone7728
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Well, if I had to pick a couple to skip, this game would be one of the easier choices :D

Same here.

I probably will do this one. It's actually part of the racing, since it's added on the Playstation Store's Racing genre.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8255-bibi-blocksberg-big-broom-race-3

I am not sure if that's even the same as Bibi And Tina. Since the name Bibi is in there. Maybe it's something else since it's called Bibi Blocksberg. As it is from cartoon movies.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

My thoughts exactly.

If you can only look at gaming from a trophy hunter's perspective, that's a pretty narrow minded view don't you think? ;) To me the game looks fine for what it is: an easy and colourful video game aimed towards 12 year old girls. I'm pretty sure you will find even less trophy hunters in that demographic than normal. And to be honest, I don't think they are looking for an RDR 2 epxerience when it comes to horse riding :D

And also: this game probably only has trophies because every game does.

So that some people will use it to 'pad their stats' is not the game's fault (as if you would need this game for that, with the avalanche of region stacks that hits the store every week). I mean, if I grow cucumbers, they are not automatically trash just because someone puts them up their ass instead of eating them. That's on them, not on my beautifully smooth, tasty and of course rock hard vegetable.

6 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I am not sure if that's even the same as Bibi And Tina. Since the name Bibi is in there. Maybe it's something else since it's called Bibi Blocksberg. As it is from cartoon movies.

Apparently, Bibi Blocksberg was first an audio series in the 80's and later turned into a cartoon series. In the past couple of years some 'real' (not cartoon) films have been made called Bibi and Tina. All the games do belong to this same 'franchise'. It looks pretty fun for the age group it's all aimed at. I'm even reasonably surprised none of that stuff has made it to The Netherlands.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

If you can only look at gaming from a trophy hunter's perspective, that's a pretty narrow minded view don't you think? ;) To me the game looks fine for what it is: an easy and colourful video game aimed towards 12 year old girls. I'm pretty sure you will find even less trophy hunters in that demographic than normal. And to be honest, I don't think they are looking for an RDR 2 epxerience when it comes to horse riding :D

And also: this game probably only has trophies because every game does.

So that some people will use it to 'pad their stats' is not the game's fault (as if you would need this game for that, with the avalanche of region stacks that hits the store every week). I mean, if I grow cucumbers, they are not automatically trash just because someone puts them up their ass instead of eating them. That's on them, not on my beautifully smooth, tasty and of course rock hard vegetable.

Name me a 12 year old girl today who is trophy hunting. I doubt they have the funds and resources to be buying games at the rate we do. Plus today's generation of kids don't play video games like we did. They're mostly occupied with shit their parents gave them on their iPhones and iPads and probably no idea what trophy hunting is, let alone play video games for any considerable length of time.

I can see a 12 year old kid playing on the Nintendo Switch for instance. A few games their parents gave them for their birthdays and holidays, nothing too crazy.

As it stands, this is an overly easy game that is pure shovelware that can be easily obtained by hardcore trophy hunters. The percentage numbers and low number of game owners are indications of that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Name me a 12 year old girl today who is trophy hunting. I doubt they have the funds and resources to be buying games at the rate we do. Plus today's generation of kids don't play video games like we did. They're mostly occupied with shit their parents gave them on their iPhones and iPads and probably no idea what trophy hunting is, let alone play video games for any considerable length of time.

This game was made for 12 year old girls (from Germany even) and they are mostly not trophy hunters. Is that not exactly what I just said? Then how do you repeat what I just said and somehow turn it into your argument... :) I do not believe this game mostly exists to appease trophy whores, because it doesn't. It's part of the whole Bibi Blocksberg 'franchise' if you can call it that. It would be like saying the CSI PS3 game was only aimed at trophy whores. Or that Super Meat Boy was developed because someone thought there were not enough ultra rare trophies yet ;)

Not a single gamer I know in real life plays games for achievements or trophies, it's only me who got the bug. Although here it may seem like we are with many, we are still a small minority of the gaming public. Sony tried to push trophies as something that every gamer should go for, but let's be frank: they failed. Just like they failed to make PSN into a social network. One might even wonder how long trophies will stick around, especially when someone at Sony starts figuring out that it DOES produce trophy whore crapware that brings the system down to a mediocre level at times. Then they could go the expensie route: better quality control. Or they could just ditch trophies altogether. Which one would you pick if it was your own money?

Anyway, when it comes to Rata region stacks, I understand both your argument and your sentiment towards them. But you can not just dismiss any easy game you would not play yourself as "trophy whore shovelware" when it is clearly not intended to be that at all. That other people use it as that is NOT this game's fault.

Also, I am a 40 year old man with a PS4. If I had children, some or all of them might be girls and around the 12 year mark. What games could she actually play on my console? No wonder she would pick her girly games on her iPhone. (Although I also like to pretend my hypothetical 12 year old would not yet have an iPhone).

To summarize: LEEEAVE BIBIIII ALOOOOOOOONE

Seriously, I don't want to start some fight. I mostly appreciate your contributions to these forums, but I do think it would not hurt sometimes to keep the bigger picture in mind instead of centering your thoughts too much around trophies. Games existed before trophies and they will continually long after them. Some of those games will be easy and/or aimed at 12 year old girls and that's fine.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

This game was made for 12 year old girls (from Germany even) and they are mostly not trophy hunters. Is that not exactly what I just said? Then how do you repeat what I just said and somehow turn it into your argument... :) I do not believe this game mostly exists to appease trophy whores, because it doesn't. It's part of the whole Bibi Blocksberg 'franchise' if you can call it that. It would be like saying the CSI PS3 game was only aimed at trophy whores. Or that Super Meat Boy was developed because someone thought there were not enough ultra rare trophies yet ;)

I get it. But those girls probably have no idea what trophy hunting is and neither will they probably bother with making an account on PSNProfiles. Plus they're underage, only 12 years old and I wouldn't let them anywhere near any social media outlet like this one.

I see a very small number of people getting this game. If this is the game some parent out there wanted to buy for their children, then I'm all for it. I simply responded with "My thoughts exactly" and you basically called me narrow minded when I quoted someone else.

Of course people aren't looking for a Red Dead Redemption 2 experience. They're looking for something that is easy and casual. The amount of 'easy' games coming out with regional stacks and taking so little time to platinum is a bit laughable at best.

19 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Not a single gamer I know in real life plays games for achievements or trophies, it's only me who got the bug. Although here it may seem like we are with many, we are still a small minority of the gaming public. Sony tried to push trophies as something that every gamer should go for, but let's be frank: they failed. Just like they failed to make PSN into a social network. One might even wonder how long trophies will stick around, especially when someone at Sony starts figuring out that it DOES produce trophy whore crapware that brings the system down to a mediocre level at times. Then they could go the expensie route: better quality control. Or they could just ditch trophies altogether. Which one would you pick if it was your own money?

I couldn't care less how minor we are as trophy hunters. I've basically done everything that the general gaming public typically does in the past, and in the present. I still love games and I try my very hardest to enjoy them. I just decided to earn trophies and get a platinum for my efforts. But I play other games on the side that aren't PlayStation games, with no achievements attached to them like the stuff you see on GOG.com (Good Old Games).

I've had a Steam account since 2011 and not once did I care about any achievement list for any game. Even if achievements did mean something on there, which they never did in comparison to trophies on PlayStation consoles due to how fucked up the Steam Achievement system is and how anybody can get a program to get the achievements automatically without any slap on the wrist, I still probably wouldn't go for them. Plenty of games I played without aiming for achievements, many games I played before trophies even existed, never bothered me.

Sony stopped providing quality control with the release of the PS4. From a gaming standpoint it doesn't hurt the masses. For any trophy hunter who is only slightly competitive, it's a fucking mess.

The PS4 is no different than Steam is today. The main differences is Steam has a much bigger library and they practically started the whole 'shovelware' shit to begin with. Sony just made it possible to port a lot of that crap from Steam onto the PS4. Perhaps a reason why the PS3 didn't have that stuff was because it was difficult to code for, which is why a number of third party AA - AAA games were games of considerable quality on top of having one of the worst launch periods in gaming history.

Sony probably regulated trophies back in 2008 - 2013. But none of that matters anymore. Anything can get a platinum trophy while stuff like HITMAN 2 gets over 100 trophies with no platinum trophy at all.

Obviously they picked the easy way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I get it. But those girls probably have no idea what trophy hunting is and neither will they probably bother with making an account on PSNProfiles. Plus they're underage, only 12 years old and I wouldn't let them anywhere near any social media outlet like this one.

I see a very small number of people getting this game. If this is the game some parent out there wanted to buy for their children, then I'm all for it. I simply responded with "My thoughts exactly" and you basically called me narrow minded when I quoted someone else.

Of course people aren't looking for a Red Dead Redemption 2 experience. They're looking for something that is easy and casual. The amount of 'easy' games coming out with regional stacks and taking so little time to platinum is a bit laughable at best.

I couldn't care less how minor we are as trophy hunters. I've basically done everything that the general gaming public typically does in the past, and in the present. I still love games and I try my very hardest to enjoy them. I just decided to earn trophies and get a platinum for my efforts. But I play other games on the side that aren't PlayStation games, with no achievements attached to them like the stuff you see on GOG.com (Good Old Games).

I've had a Steam account since 2011 and not once did I care about any achievement list for any game. Even if achievements did mean something on there, which they never did in comparison to trophies on PlayStation consoles due to how fucked up the Steam Achievement system is and how anybody can get a program to get the achievements automatically without any slap on the wrist, I still probably wouldn't go for them. Plenty of games I played without aiming for achievements, many games I played before trophies even existed, never bothered me.

Sony stopped providing quality control with the release of the PS4. From a gaming standpoint it doesn't hurt the masses. For any trophy hunter who is only slightly competitive, it's a fucking mess.

The PS4 is no different than Steam is today. The main differences is Steam has a much bigger library and they practically started the whole 'shovelware' shit to begin with. Sony just made it possible to port a lot of that crap from Steam onto the PS4. Perhaps a reason why the PS3 didn't have that stuff was because it was difficult to code for, which is why a number of third party AA - AAA games were games of considerable quality on top of having one of the worst launch periods in gaming history.

Sony probably regulated trophies back in 2008 - 2013. But none of that matters anymore. Anything can get a platinum trophy while stuff like HITMAN 2 gets over 100 trophies with no platinum trophy at all.

Obviously they picked the easy way.

I couldn't have written it better. 

On 1.10.2019 at 8:13 PM, El Duderino said:

It seems you are one of those people which have no own children.....

IMO It's a good thing to develope some harmless games for (female) children without Zombies and murdering, shooting people.... PS3 and PS4 didn't have much of those in the past. This way some litte female children can enjoy a PS4  in a harmless way.

• Like 1

On 11.10.2019 at 5:31 PM, maxijodi said:

It seems you are one of those people which have no own children

Well, even if I had kids, a PlayStation 4 would not be a thing I would purchase for them. This is console is clearly targeting adults and said game is made for people like you: players who play every crap accessible, regardless of quality. Trophies > eveything else. I'm sorry that my sarcasm is too hard to grasp at times. No, actually I'm not sorry. ?

23 hours ago, DENNIS330bmw said:

If you don’t like it don’t play it. 

Yay, your daily calendar motto. A day without it would be sad. :D

You have the right to play whatever you want - and I have the right to mock you for it. Deal with it. It's just video games. :)

Edited by El Duderino

Why do people so fervently hate young girls? if it doesn't strike your interest, move on.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:48 AM, Spaz said:

I can see a 12 year old kid playing on the Nintendo Switch for instance. A few games their parents gave them for their birthdays and holidays, nothing too crazy.

As it stands, this is an overly easy game that is pure shovelware that can be easily obtained by hardcore trophy hunters. The percentage numbers and low number of game owners are indications of that.

Not to be too harsh, but I'm guessing you don't have a very good perspective on the behavior of girls & are just making assumptions. When I was a young girl  I remember my sister and I had separate Xbox profiles and we'd compete with each other to get a higher amount of points. I was around 10 or so when we got an Xbox360. We played a lot of Playstation as well and I'm sure if there were trophies back then we would have done the same thing. These companies just suck at targeting the demographic.

Anyway being angry that video games for girls exist is really the most childish thing here. The trophy leaderboard thing has always been pointless. Being at the top generally requires team accounts, a ridiculous amount of money and sometimes cheating. Play games you like playing, laugh at the people who take it seriously enough to spend hundreds of dollars on games they hate and move on.