Bibi and Tina Trophy Thoughts?

48 minutes ago, skiesforflying said:

Not to be too harsh, but I'm guessing you don't have a very good perspective on the behavior of girls & are just making assumptions. When I was a young girl  I remember my sister and I had separate Xbox profiles and we'd compete with each other to get a higher amount of points. I was around 10 or so when we got an Xbox360. We played a lot of Playstation as well and I'm sure if there were trophies back then we would have done the same thing. These companies just suck at targeting the demographic.

Anyway being angry that video games for girls exist is really the most childish thing here. The trophy leaderboard thing has always been pointless. Being at the top generally requires team accounts, a ridiculous amount of money and sometimes cheating. Play games you like playing, laugh at the people who take it seriously enough to spend hundreds of dollars on games they hate and move on.

I have a six year old niece I see on occasion, so I'm not just throwing out assumptions.

When I was 12 years old I regularly played outside with friends, usually getting into water balloon fights, some hide n seek and some Super Soaker competitions. My friends had a PlayStation 1, I had a Nintendo 64. Back then there was no point system, achievement system or anything like that. We played games purely for fun and if we got frustrated with a game we dropped it and moved on to something else. We didn't spend all our time indoors. We explored, we had fun. One of my friends had a treehouse and I spent the night there a couple times. Can't really say that for today.

Kids today are a lot more sheltered than they were 15 - 20 years ago. I know my niece and nephew well enough to know this, along with other young kids I know through friends and family on my sisters side.

For many people, gaming is pointless. It's just a hobby we like to pursue. I take it a step further and earn trophies because that's what I enjoy doing. I don't care how much of a minority we are, none of my friends in real life trophy hunt and I'm not even going to try to get them into trophy hunting to begin with.

So obviously I can't make an opinion on the subject without someone telling me the entire purpose of trophy hunting is pointless and we're just wasting hundreds and thousands of dollars on games that no casual in their right mind would play.

Edited by Spaz

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I have a six year old niece I see on occasion, so I'm not just throwing out assumptions.

When I was 12 years old I regularly played outside with friends, usually getting into water balloon fights, some hide n seek and some Super Soaker competitions. My friends had a PlayStation 1, I had a Nintendo 64. Back then there was no point system, achievement system or anything like that. We played games purely for fun and if we got frustrated with a game we dropped it and moved on to something else. We didn't spend all our time indoors. We explored, we had fun. One of my friends had a treehouse and I spent the night there a couple times. Can't really say that for today.

Kids today are a lot more sheltered than they were 15 - 20 years ago. I know my niece and nephew well enough to know this, along with other young kids I know through friends and family on my sisters side.

Maybe having a six year old niece doesn't make you an expert about young girls. Kids definitely still play video games, girls included. Just because Playstation sucks at marketing to them doesn't mean they don't exist. Your example of Nintendo earlier is actually a pretty good example of this. Not really sure how your rant here about "sheltered kids" is relevant though. Sounds very boomer-y.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

For many people, gaming is pointless. It's just a hobby we like to pursue. I take it a step further and earn trophies because that's what I enjoy doing. I don't care how much of a minority we are, none of my friends in real life trophy hunt and I'm not even going to try to get them into trophy hunting to begin with.

So obviously I can't make an opinion on the subject without someone telling me the entire purpose of trophy hunting is pointless and we're just wasting hundreds and thousands of dollars on games that no casual in their right mind would play.

I didn't say that trophy hunting is pointless. I said that the leaderboard is pointless. Because it is. People buy cross-saves, hack trophies & team up. So who cares.

2 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

I'll leave it to the PSNP community to start shit over Bibi & Tina At The Horse Farm. ?

Just a bit tired of casual misogyny tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skiesforflying said:

Maybe having a six year old niece doesn't make you an expert about young girls. Kids definitely still play video games, girls included. Just because Playstation sucks at marketing to them doesn't mean they don't exist. Your example of Nintendo earlier is actually a pretty good example of this. Not really sure how your rant here about "sheltered kids" is relevant though. Sounds very boomer-y.

I never said I was an expert.

The PlayStation 4 and to a certain extent the PlayStation 3 have been geared towards adults, people over the age of 17 - 18. Same with the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The exclusives on both consoles this generation have been targeting the grownups. I would not let my kids play God of War 2018 because of inappropriate content. Marvel's Spider-Man, maybe.

The Ratchet and Clank franchise you can say has targeted a lot of kids. My niece watched the Ratchet and Clank movie in 2016 even though she had no idea what it was about.

Nintendo is a much more likely option for kids. That's one thing I have always admired Nintendo for, plenty of games for kids aged 6 to 16 to occupy themselves with.

There is a study about "sheltered kids". Look it up.

6 minutes ago, skiesforflying said:

I didn't say that trophy hunting is pointless. I said that the leaderboard is pointless. Because it is. People buy cross-saves, hack trophies & team up. So who cares.

I'm well aware of this.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I never said I was an expert.

The PlayStation 4 and to a certain extent the PlayStation 3 have been geared towards adults, people over the age of 17 - 18. Same with the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The exclusives on both consoles this generation have been targeting the grownups. I would not let my kids play God of War 2018 because of inappropriate content. Marvel's Spider-Man, maybe.

The Ratchet and Clank franchise you can say has targeted a lot of kids. My niece watched the Ratchet and Clank movie in 2016 even though she had no idea what it was about.

Nintendo is a much more likely option for kids. That's one thing I have always admired Nintendo for, plenty of games for kids aged 6 to 16 to occupy themselves with.

There is a study about "sheltered kids". Look it up.

I'm well aware of this.

Yeah but it's just strange to hear a dude make sweeping claims about young girls w/ the evidence that "I have a niece I see sometimes". Have you considered that a lot of people have a family Playstation, and may allow their kid to play something like LEGO Harry Potter, but not necessily an M-rated game? PS4 has parental controls... seems a bit weird to include that if children aren't meant to play with it. There are also actually quite a few kids games on PS4 and Vita. Skylanders was immensely popular with Gen-Z kids for yeears. My Gen-Z little bro was obsessed with Rayman Legends for a moment. All of my female friends loved Just Dance when I was younger. Minecraft heavily targets children. There are a bunch of Disney games.

Just because it isn't the majority of what comes out doesn't mean they don't try to target that audience. tbh it's weird to hear a tantrum about a group of people you're not part of having PS games available to them because it hinders your psnprofiles trophy e-dick.

• Like 2