shadowkeep trophies

Arabian_Section

My main question is: Will Bungie be getting rid of trophies for every major expansion now and simply stick with the Triumph system?  To me it makes sense as they can make everything the same across all platforms and not worry about and restrictions put in place by Sony or Microsoft.  Also, the really hardcore Destiny players (usually) don't care about trophies.  They care more about getting a min/maxed build, collecting everything, getting all of the titles, and completing the triumphs to raise that score, all of which can be viewed in game.

• Like 1

Well, most expansion content in D1 and D2 didn't have trophies to begin with. It was only the ones that were sold as a retail copy. Also I remember there being something about every retail copy of a PlayStation game needing to either add new trophies or to have a new trophy list, although I'm not sure if that's true or being enforced anymore.

Seeing as they're moving to the battlepass/seasonpass system when it comes to monetising the game, I doubt we'll even see any more big expansion releases like Shadowkeep, if you even count it as one. I think part of why this one feels big or comparable to TTK, Forsaken, etc is because they're revamping the entire structure of the game, not so much because of how much content it has.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OulZac said:

Yeah, I'm not buying a $35 expansion without trophies. Stupid move on their part.

Right. Why not add some simple trophies to get those extra sales from trophy hunters. This is just a bad game for trophies overall. Only 14 in the main game, trophy requirements changing and then a super grind for a DLC trophy. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Right. Why not add some simple trophies to get those extra sales from trophy hunters. This is just a bad game for trophies overall. Only 14 in the main game, trophy requirements changing and then a super grind for a DLC trophy. 

Likely because they don't want to have to take time to make sure trophy tracking works across Ps4/Xbox/PC now that you can cross save. Simpler to just use the in game triumph system and be done with it instead of having to fiddle with it every time there is an update. Dedicated trophy hunters number in the what, thousands, maybe? We just are not a big enough demographic for them to care about. 

• Like 3

Think I will most likely be in the minority here....I'm definitely a little disappointed that no trophies are coming to this newest major expansion (unless they decide to drop a late patch soon containing some - one can hope).  And I can see why some will gravitate away: after all, it is a $34.99 DLC with no trophies! But I also understand the justification for it regarding cross-play and it's own reward system as well.  Overall though, I think I'm okay with it.  If this was a couple years ago the trophy hunter in me would have been really upset, and understandably so.  But I still wanted to pick this up and support Bungie as this is their biggest test to date after parting from Activision. It's been kind of conflicting for me: some of the challenges and grinding have been cumbersome, however I've really enjoyed my experience as a whole throughout this series, as it really is a story unlike any other that I've attempted.  Will be playing through the Shadowkeep story/quests and hop on the occasional Strike and Crucible match, but just might be moving on after this season wraps up, with some minor revisits here and there after since I did get the season pass; I just have way too many games in my backlog.  I can agree it has been a little soul sucking, but am glad it's been rather enjoyable at least for me, even though I haven't even completed a raid or a title (as of yet).  Perhaps I'm just getting old, but I'm learning to appreciate the extra efforts of developers more lately (even if it's not always perfect).  But from a story-telling and gameplay aspect, it really is unrivaled.  If anyone needs a fireteam member, add me! :) 

Edited by waeush84
  • Like 2

I'm only minor disappointed by the fact I waited a whole year to do leveling a single time from 0 to shadowkeep levels, so I could earn all trophies at once, rather than continuously coming back and there are no trophies to be earned. If i knew, I would have played on Forsaken's release instead, when that was fresh and all my friends were hyped about it. I really don't have any interest in Shadowkeep, despite owning it at the current moment. I don't really find this to be a big deal really, as that's less time going for trophies and more time raiding.

I have the feeling there won't be a Destiny 3 since Bungie got money from the chinese to do a new kind of investment. If that's the case, I hope Destiny 2 gets the Rainbow Six Siege treatment and never get trophies again, despite being continuously updated every 3 months. This way, people who care about the game can continue playing (me) and those who doesn't care can continue ignoring it once they are done. We don't need another Killing Floor 2, no thanks.

10 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

If we start this game anew, do we still have to buy shadowkeep for forsaken trophies to complete it %100? 

With the release of new expansion, i cant see it anywhere any more

No, you can play Forsaken and earn all the DLC trophies without owning Shadowkeep.

6 minutes ago, BIackgate said:

No, you can play Forsaken and earn all the DLC trophies without owning Shadowkeep.

I have only the base version which have been distributed for the PS+ before the release of forsaken last year.. 

Will it be enough? Past expansions became free and included in the base game? I am stranger to the franchise so I don't have any idea. I want to try it but buying options are confusing like all MMOs

29 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

I have only the base version which have been distributed for the PS+ before the release of forsaken last year.. 

Will it be enough? Past expansions became free and included in the base game? I am stranger to the franchise so I don't have any idea. I want to try it but buying options are confusing like all MMOs

The base version that you got from PS+ is free to play now anyway. You do need to get Forsaken to get access to Dreaming City quests and The Last Wish raid, but that'll be enough for 100%:ing the trophies. However, some of the new season-related triumph seals may be easier than the ones you get access without having the new season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the dust has settled, what are the chances that Bungie adds trophies in for the new seasons and then the (possible) big content release next year?

I've been playing some Shadowkeep and I'm honestly not that impressed.  Armor 2.0 feels forced, the Moon is nice but gets old quick, the story missions were pretty bad with a couple of exceptions, and grind seems even worse.  I was honestly very happy that it didn't have any trophies with Shadowkeep as I can now just play the game when and how I want.  The in-game triumph system seems to be the direction Bungie is headed as it is uniform across all platforms.

Again, what are the chances of future content getting trophies?  And yes, I know it's all speculation.  ?

5 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Now that the dust has settled, what are the chances that Bungie adds trophies in for the new seasons and then the (possible) big content release next year?

I've been playing some Shadowkeep and I'm honestly not that impressed.  Armor 2.0 feels forced, the Moon is nice but gets old quick, the story missions were pretty bad with a couple of exceptions, and grind seems even worse.  I was honestly very happy that it didn't have any trophies with Shadowkeep as I can now just play the game when and how I want.  The in-game triumph system seems to be the direction Bungie is headed as it is uniform across all platforms.

Again, what are the chances of future content getting trophies?  And yes, I know it's all speculation.  1f60b.png

I'd say 50/50 honestly. It's completely possible they will stick to the triumph system from now on as they embrace cross-play, but if they notice a decrease in sales and realize that there is a noticeable amount of people that will only buy the content if there are trophies, we may see them. Either way, from what I've seen Shadowkeep wasn't worth $35 at launch.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'd say 50/50 honestly. It's completely possible they will stick to the triumph system from now on as they embrace cross-play, but if they notice a decrease in sales and realize that there is a noticeable amount of people that will only buy the content if there are trophies, we may see them. Either way, from what I've seen Shadowkeep wasn't worth $35 at launch.

I did see several people on other sites mentioning they didn't buy Shadowkeep due to no trophies/achievements.  However, the majority of the playerbase, most likely, isn't trophy hunters.  They usually care about the grind, getting all the best gear, getting a min/max build, and completing the titles and triumphs.  With the game F2P (kind of) most of their income will come from Eververse and the seasons.  If the past is any indicator, the seasons won't have trophies as the DLCs like Osiris and Warmind didn't have any trophies.  The only chance would be the next major content drop, which I'm assuming would be in about a year.  Guess we have a long wait to officially find out.  

I feel pretty confident Destiny 2 will have no further trophies. I don’t see another expansion added being much larger than Shadowkeep due to console limitations (memory). If trophies weren’t created for Shadowkeep, it’s unlikely they’d be created for a similarly-sized release in the future. I’m pretty sure Bungie wants to normalize the achievement system across all platforms with their Triumph system. The difference in investment between their Triumph system (which saw yet another update and polishing with Shadowkeep) and their disinterested regard for PSN trophies is night and day. 

Let’s face it, the base Destiny 2 trophies were not that inspired (13 lackluster trophies), and many eventually unlocked unrelated to their original intention by simply starting a new DLC (character class trophies popping for simply choosing a character in Shadowkeep) and visiting Xûr to unlock the Trials trophy. My feeling is that trophies sort of commit them to narrative/achievement paths that they later may give up on. For instance, they also changed the original Nightfall/Leviathan trophy to Leviathan Prestige to the chagrin of many. The trophy change from NF Prestige to Leviathan Prestige was made, in part, because some prominent YouTubers at the time, like Datto, complained the base game was too easy. (Ironically he never achieved 100% on PS4.) In further response, Bungie temporarily made pathways to earning many of the Forsaken trophies very grindy/difficult, but later relented and made them easier to earn, like now, where many formerly difficult trophies are essentially auto-popped.

Frankly, the achievement history for Destiny 2 has been a mess. Some benefited by getting achievements early (NF/Leviathan before the change), while others benefited by waiting (unlocking classes, Trials, seals, and acquiring 10 Forsaken exotics). This happens from time to time in games, and certainly happened to D2. 

If anything, in regard to pushback against Eververse disincentiving play, in the future, Bungie may dedicate more desirable loot to unlock with the achievement of certain Triumphs.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1