Warning Unobtainable Plat?

SpaceIsDandy

Another user and I just spent over an hour trying to connect to each other online and every single attempt was met with not a just one "this session is no longer available" error but with so many of them that the game becomes softlocked. Since this game is dead it is hard to test but assume that this game is no longer platinumable because the online is no longer working.   

• Like 1

Is it possible to go online (to test), without earning a single trophy? If it's possible to do that, then I'm willing to test with 2 systems on the same internet modem connection with 2 ps4 (I own the game, and can borrow a 2nd ps4). 

I don't feel like adding an impossible plat list to my profile from a game that I would just play for trophies, so, if I can test and delete the trophy list if it doesn't work, I will test, otherwise, I will just forget the game. 

Me being the other user ^_^

But yeah, from my experience I agree with @SpaceIsDandy,

1. trying 'Matchmaking' got the error, 
  2. sending an invite got the error,
  3. being either in Public mode or Friends Only Mode got the error
  4. two days of "joining game" or searching got the error

The error message being along the lines of "the session is no longer available".

Unless both online players have to be near each other, like in the same region? I don't know how that stuff works...

Or the servers are just messy right now...:dunno:

@Han_the_Dragon: Nope, tutorial must be completed first. And you get a trophy for completing the tutorial...:(

Edited by Ala-Arska

Yeah, it’s not just you. A couple weeks ago my friend and I tried to play online again after suffering from horrible FPS lag. We couldn’t connect and joked that the servers were shut down cause that’s what happened to us when we played Evolve once.

Also, forgot to add, I don’t think it’s a problem of how close you guys are. My friend literally lives down the street.

Edited by BestUsername----

Alright, so I just tested it with my two PS4's and overall result is....the same goddamn error.

Or "Connection Error": "Session is no longer available". Connection error my ass, I had those PS4's in the same friggin' room <_<

I tried:

1. Online Mode: Inviting and getting invited
  2. Online Mode: Matchmaking on both consoles (Joining game....and error)
  3. Friends Only: Inviting and getting invited
  4. Friends Only: Matchmaking on both consoles
  5. Clicking Join Session on both account's PS4 Home page, that did nothing
  6. Even trying every variation of Share Play
  7. Playing with different characters than the other
  8. Doing all of the above both in the hub area and in the levels themselves

Basically, I just ate plates of shit with this one. Hopefully this is just a phase, so those MP trophies won't stay and haunt the unlucky few of us :whip:

I played this game in April and connecting to people was already spotty back then but not this bad. In the end I ended up getting a free PSNow trial (the game is available there) on my PC to self boost the online trophies. Then a couple of weeks later I helped someone with them and we connected just fine.

Right now it seems either a temporary thing or gone for good cause you should be able to connect if it was working.

22 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I played this game in April and connecting to people was already spotty back then but not this bad. In the end I ended up getting a free PSNow trial (the game is available there) on my PC to self boost the online trophies. Then a couple of weeks later I helped someone with them and we connected just fine.

Right now it seems either a temporary thing or gone for good cause you should be able to connect if it was working.

Can you get the 4 player trophy with the self boosting method? 

1 hour ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Can you get the 4 player trophy with the self boosting method? 

I guess you could if you have 4 systems to play on but it’s unnecessary. If you already have 4 controllers just do it in offline co-op, that’s what I did. You can’t do 2 people using 2 controllers. Online doesn’t allow bringing a second controller. 

Edited by DizzyDavidson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, blackspider200 said:

I can confirm it still gives the "this session is no longer available" error. Is there no way around this?

must be something on your end (or perhaps you chose a bad time), as i've just now managed to pop the 2 online trophies

i just hope the guide is correct that only those 2 are online

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2019 at 7:12 AM, Trope Hore said:

must be something on your end (or perhaps you chose a bad time), as i've just now managed to pop the 2 online trophies

i just hope the guide is correct that only those 2 are online

The "Evil will always triumph" is also online only. The guide here is wrong. Here it shows how to do it https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/overlord-fellowship-of-evil/trophy/124809-Evil-will-always-triumph.html

Btw i still get the same connection error. As soon as i find a solution i will post it here.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:18 PM, blackspider200 said:

The "Evil will always triumph" is also online only. The guide here is wrong. Here it shows how to do it https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/overlord-fellowship-of-evil/trophy/124809-Evil-will-always-triumph.html

Btw i still get the same connection error. As soon as i find a solution i will post it here.

did you try it?

That PST guide says there are 4 online trophies, so I don't really trust it

Disappointing if the PSNP guide author posted false info

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There are 4 online MP trophies and 1 offline co-op trophy:

Raucous Rabble

Get by with a little help from your enemies

Evil will always triumph

King of the tower

The co-op trophy is With friends like these..

what makes you say 'Raucous Rabble' is online? both PSNP and TrueAchievements affirm it's attainable locally with 4p