Warning Unobtainable Plat?

SpaceIsDandy

• 3 weeks later...

Had no problem using a second ps4 and an alternate account to match up. Just joined session and was easy beating trolls in stage 3 I think it was. Got all the trophy’s in one go. No problems connecting although the both ps4s were same network and in same room not sure if that matters but had no issues. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2020 at 9:03 AM, RUNNERBLADE said:

Had no problem using a second ps4 and an alternate account to match up. Just joined session and was easy beating trolls in stage 3 I think it was. Got all the trophy’s in one go. No problems connecting although the both ps4s were same network and in same room not sure if that matters but had no issues. 

I tried with my buddy last night and it kept soft locking the game saying "Session is no longer available". So then I booted up the game on PS Now with one account and a dummy on my PS4 version and still the same thing. I reached out to Codemasters about the issue but you know how that normally goes. If anyone finds a decent solution pls share. 

I started this last night without doing the proper research apparently... I have two PS4s on the same network in the same room, so I'll get both profiles up to the trolls and see how it works out... here's to hoping

Edit: Nat type 3 refused to connect even in the same room

Nat type 2 worked a treat ?

Edited by kraven_15

• 1 month later...

Last night I got to work with this game and I managed to get all the trophies online.

You need:

-> Internet .. xD LOL .... 
-> Two PS4, connected to the same Network (In my case by cable)
-> Two games (obviously).

I do not think this is important information, but my router works under IPV6.

We create game with the account that we want to get the trophies and we invited to our secondary.

I leave a video where it is shown that it works today, although unfortunately I did not record my first game in which to get the trophies online.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 9:00 AM, Overthrown_SE said:

Tried it today with Remote Play and ps now… no Luck unfortunately 

Also tried it with two consoles (ps5 and PS4) in the Same network. But i keep getting the same error. „Session no longer exists“

Keep trying it! My son & I tried 5 times last night with the same issue like you described! However 1st session we tried today...connected. We used 1 ps5 & 1 ps4. Ps Now version of the game, just wanted you to know it may take a few tries but don't give it, it does work....just when it wants to obviously ?‍♂️

Also, we used - online - & public to join the match (not sure if that helps anyone)

Edited by ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83

• 7 months later...
On 2-12-2021 at 3:00 PM, Overthrown_SE said:

Tried it today with Remote Play and ps now… no Luck unfortunately 

Also tried it with two consoles (ps5 and PS4) in the Same network. But i keep getting the same error. „Session no longer exists“

On 31-1-2022 at 2:11 AM, ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83 said:

Keep trying it! My son & I tried 5 times last night with the same issue like you described! However 1st session we tried today...connected. We used 1 ps5 & 1 ps4. Ps Now version of the game, just wanted you to know it may take a few tries but don't give it, it does work....just when it wants to obviously ?‍♂️

Also, we used - online - & public to join the match (not sure if that helps anyone)

I have been at this 'session no longer exists' for about a month now. Tried with a friend in all different ways. Even tried when I was at my parents where I can plug the PS4 straight into the modem so no router involved and NAT1 type (you don't want this in reality, but desperate times call for desperate measures...).

I also tried a lot of things with 1 PS4 pro and 1 PS5 in a local network but nothing seemed to work... until today! :) 

I don't know if it was pure luck or that 1 different thing actually mattered.

Set-up: Main account on PS4 Pro, this would host the lobby. Alt account on PS5.

Usually I would boot both PS4 and PS5 at the same time but today I decided to boot the PS4 with my main account first and go all the way through starting up until that PS4 was in the main lobby.

Only after that I booted the PS5 with my alt, all the way into a public lobby.

Once my alt also was in a public lobby, I let my alt go to the icon to search for a public game and it finally joined my main.

My alt wasn't able to attack and half the time it floated frozen over the ground instead of walking but still got the trophy! :) 

After the hussle from below, it could play properly when it joined so it can work properly...

After getting the online trophies, I tried to join as a guest with a second controller on my PS4 and then all of the sudden my PS5 started flipping. Said that alt account was signed out (it wasn't when I checked it) and when I tried to join a public game it said it couldn't because of age restriction??? When I turned that second controller on PS4 off again, my PS5 started acting normal again and could join a public game again. Even got back into a lobby with my PS4.

So... something weird is certainly up with this game that a change on the PS4 can totally mess up a PS5 in the same network!

@ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83 Do you by any chance remember if the day you got it, you booted the PS4/PS5 one after another instead of at the same time? Just curious if that might have been it.

@Mr_Marty84 Thanks for your patience through all this :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kolm said:

I have been at this 'session no longer exists' for about a month now. Tried with a friend in all different ways. Even tried when I was at my parents where I can plug the PS4 straight into the modem so no router involved and NAT1 type (you don't want this in reality, but desperate times call for desperate measures...).

I also tried a lot of things with 1 PS4 pro and 1 PS5 in a local network but nothing seemed to work... until today! :) 

I don't know if it was pure luck or that 1 different thing actually mattered.

Set-up: Main account on PS4 Pro, this would host the lobby. Alt account on PS5.

Usually I would boot both PS4 and PS5 at the same time but today I decided to boot the PS4 with my main account first and go all the way through starting up until that PS4 was in the main lobby.

Only after that I booted the PS5 with my alt, all the way into a public lobby.

Once my alt also was in a public lobby, I let my alt go to the icon to search for a public game and it finally joined my main.

My alt wasn't able to attack and half the time it floated frozen over the ground instead of walking but still got the trophy! :) 

After the hussle from below, it could play properly when it joined so it can work properly...

After getting the online trophies, I tried to join as a guest with a second controller on my PS4 and then all of the sudden my PS5 started flipping. Said that alt account was signed out (it wasn't when I checked it) and when I tried to join a public game it said it couldn't because of age restriction??? When I turned that second controller on PS4 off again, my PS5 started acting normal again and could join a public game again. Even got back into a lobby with my PS4.

So... something weird is certainly up with this game that a change on the PS4 can totally mess up a PS5 in the same network!

@ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83 Do you by any chance remember if the day you got it, you booted the PS4/PS5 one after another instead of at the same time? Just curious if that might have been it.

@Mr_Marty84 Thanks for your patience through all this :D 

Honestly I had given up the day before I got it, however I remember that next night my son wanted to try it again, so we did, and IF I remember correctly I joined his match from my ps5. I don't remember who booted the game up first or anything though. Except i joined him. He was on the ps4 pro. So I did join his lobby/game. We did run into similar bugs as you described too actually, can't attack or use a weapon. Ps5 bugging out. Ps4 pro would completely freeze the game. But could still back out to the main ps4 dashboard. ?‍♂️ It's great when it works, usually. But getting it to work is the issue. We honestly did what you said, try this; that didn't work let's try this lol. Repetitive but sticking with it did the trick. Have a few more online ones that we didn't achieve but reading your reply makes me want to try it again lol. We didn't use lan cables or anything else, so no lan cable to either consoles or modem/routers. Just wifi - wireless - same network. Buggy but hey it worked...eventually haha. 

Edited by ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83

17 hours ago, ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83 said:

Honestly I had given up the day before I got it, however I remember that next night my son wanted to try it again, so we did, and IF I remember correctly I joined his match from my ps5. I don't remember who booted the game up first or anything though. Except i joined him. He was on the ps4 pro. So I did join his lobby/game. We did run into similar bugs as you described too actually, can't attack or use a weapon. Ps5 bugging out. Ps4 pro would completely freeze the game. But could still back out to the main ps4 dashboard. ?‍♂️ It's great when it works, usually. But getting it to work is the issue. We honestly did what you said, try this; that didn't work let's try this lol. Repetitive but sticking with it did the trick. Have a few more online ones that we didn't achieve but reading your reply makes me want to try it again lol. We didn't use lan cables or anything else, so no lan cable to either consoles or modem/routers. Just wifi - wireless - same network. Buggy but hey it worked...eventually haha. 

I was able to do both PS5 joining PS4 Pro and later on I also had the PS4 Pro joining the PS5. All that time I never had to restart a console or even the game. I did leave/join the public game a few times though.

So it might all have been just luck or starting PS4 Pro+game before even touching the PS5 had smth to do with it.

Both consoles are connected by LAN cable to the router, 1 has a switch in between the console and the router though.
But in the end I never changed a thing about the set-up in the last 2 weeks or so and the one day it finally worked, the only thing different was that I booted the consoles one after another instead of at the same time.

And I see you're only missing the 4 player trophy when it comes down to online trophies. But from what I read and experience from a friend: That's best done in local with 4 controllers on 1 PS4 or PS5. I tried to let a 2nd controller join on PS4 while in a public lobby with my PS5 but that didn't work at all. So only other way apart from local would be 4 consoles and who knows how the universe has to align to get all 4 consoles in the same lobby ?

Don't know what your son is missing?

The game is buggy in general but when playing solo (so far) it's mainly the small freezes every few seconds, especially when more minions/enemies are on screen. And sometimes the sound will go into weird screeching for a second. Still playable very well, just feels more like PS3 or even PS2 at times.
Online public is different story though ?

General warnings for others:

I also tested the king of the tower trophy for winning a level in mp: It didn't work for my alt when my main was host, but it did work the other way around.
After all the public mp hustle I did the other local mp mission trophy on PS4 and I noticed it only popped for the user that started the game and not for my alt.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2-3-2023 at 1:57 AM, Phoenix777Down said:

Does the same connection method still work? Was thinking of picking this up if I am still able to find 2 copies because I loved the original.

I had to try for a few weeks before it worked but for my friend it worked right away... No idea why though because I was back on the original settings and tried with those settings for at least 2 weeks when it suddenly worked.

And as far as I know, the game is only digital and you only need to buy it on one account to get it to work.

Buy the game with your main account.

Play the game with your alt account on the PS4/PS5 that is the primary PS for your main account (games from 1 account are accessible on all accounts on the primary playstation for that 1 account)
Play the game with your main account on the PS4/PS5 that is not the primary PS for your main account.

It's possible to jump straight into online and see if you can connect without popping a trophy. Just beware that in the main hub area you don't go to a certain spot on the outskirts of the main hub because that will pop a trophy. See 'The Abyss gazes back' for more info on that trophy.

1 hour ago, Phoenix777Down said:

It’s delisted now so looks like I’m not going to be able to do it lol.

Ow... I didn't knew that. I got the game early September 2022.
Glad I did when I did so I could complete the trophy series here on PSNP.
Overlord 2 servers have been shutdown years ago and I remember being glad there as well that I already did them.

But I have to be honest... Overlord FOE was a bit fun but also a lot of technical issues. It felt more like a PS3 or sometimes even PS2 game the way it played and looked. Small freezes of the screen every few seconds, especially when more minions are on screen. The sound could sometimes change into a loud squeak as if someone it tampering with the mic. Falling through the floor and dying a few times. And I probably already forget a lot because I usually get used to bad stuff in games fairly quickly as I still play on everything from PS3 to PS5.

Overlord 1 and 2 were a lot better compared to FOE.

Edit:

According to the shutdown and delisting thread it was delisted on: Overlord Fellowship of Evil - 03rd of October, 2022

I was lucky...

Unsure if the online will still work in that case, even if playing on the same LAN.

Edit 2:

Apparently when it got delisted from EA play they also completely delisted it. This has happened for more games in the past and they announce the delisting from EA Play but not the overall delisting.
Read from here and the next few posts on that page:

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

On 09/03/2023 at 3:07 PM, Phoenix777Down said:

It’s delisted now so looks like I’m not going to be able to do it lol.

even if it is delisted if its in your download list you should still be able to access the game, it just depends if the servers have gone too.

Can confirm multiplayer still works, just got all online trophies.

None of the methods mentioned above actually work, it’s all random, just logged in after a week and it worked first try. And game was surprisingly stable, the only thing that changed is that I got a new router recently.

Edited by Onivicious

• 1 month later...

2nd May 2023 - Multiplayer Trophies Working.

Got mine using a PS4 & PS5 on via Wifi on same network.

1) Loaded PS4 on Main Account and Logged into game and picked "Friends Only". Loaded Lobby

2) I then loaded up PS5 with second account and opened the game and click "Online Play"

3) PS4 sent Game Invitation to PS5 and had no issues loading into Game.

Please note it seems only host can the "Come first in Multiplayer" Trophy. So just reverse the accounts if you want it for the other.

Happy Hunting, glad this is over after 2 years xD

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

All trophies are simple and only require time to level up all four heroes. It is enough to choose any overlord you like and play it constantly. I played as Cryos, a sorcerer of frost magic. You must immediately collect 150 cubes for weapons Constant supply of minion cubes. It is advisable to level up the brown bodyguard minions first. Be sure to improve the characteristics of the lord of the purple crystals installed next to the throne. It is better to farm trophies for 100 crowns “Coronation” and “Game of Crowns” in the prologue, Mission 1.2 “Weapon Forge”. You can easily complete three races in a level.

The servers in the game are partially broken and it is advisable to make online trophies through two consoles on one router, but this is not a guarantee either. I was able to play online with friends only after a couple of days of experimenting with the Internet.

There are only three (3) ONLINE trophies that require 2 players (or two consoles): 
«Get by with a little help from your enemies»: complete any quest in online multiplayer with at least one other player. (Finish Prologue 1.1 "The Trials of Evil")
«King of the Tower»: finish a quest in 1st place in multiplayer (Finish Prologue 1.1 "The Trials of Evil" and collect a lot of treasure)
«Evil will always triumph»: kill a "boss enemy" in a multiplayer game. (Finish Prologue 1.3 "Troll`s Lair" and kill two Trolls)

Online trophies that can be obtained in solo public mode:
"Coronation" - Gain 100% of the crowns in one quest.
"Game of Crowns" - Gain 100 crowns in-game through winning phases.
"Speeding is illegal" - Complete/win 100 traversal states within the time limit.

Co-op trophies for 2 gamepads in local mode:
"With friends like these.." - Complete a quest in local co-op with at least 2 players present.

Co-op trophies for 4 gamepads in local mode:
"Raucous Rabble" - With four players, each summon 4 minions at the same time.

• Like 1