Shang and the Depths maps

nrs1nrs1

So I'm currently cleaning up the different depths maps, and I realized I hadn't talked to Shang for his maps. I retrieved the item he wanted from the Den of Darkness, and so far, I haven't received the Swirling Floods map no matter what I'm trying. Since this game is still new, there isn't a whole lot of info on getting these maps other than "talk to Shang for them" and I've hit a wall in terms of info. Anyone know how to get these maps? Thanks in advance!

If you are cleaning up the depths maps, have you finished most of the game? I went back to old areas after every boss fight to see if there were new quests, every so often he'd give me a new map. Also had other NPCs giving me things to do, some of which also gave me maps. If you have beaten all bosses it could infact be impossible to trigger now.

I had the same problem, i returned his materials and tried talking to him but received nothing. If you fast travel away from him and then come straight back it will progress, the first time a swarm of enemies will come that you have to fight and the second time (after teleporting away and back again) he will give you the map.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Terarded said:

I had the same problem, i returned his materials and tried talking to him but received nothing. If you fast travel away from him and then come straight back it will progress, the first time a swarm of enemies will come that you have to fight and the second time (after teleporting away and back again) he will give you the map.

thanks! This actually did it for me, warping away and back seems to trigger his dialogue