[Rumor] Demon's Souls Remaster

DrakeHellsing

As the topic says, it's still mostly a rumor, but it seems to be more and more possible lately.  According to this website anyway: https://twistedvoxel.com/demons-souls-remaster-ps4/?fbclid=IwAR3KTg3rly61tkJvuCRTBqt9YN56ZjSa4uViCrTytxmGIaOL_jWB5v65TsM

Apparently there was suppose to be an announcement of some sort, but that didn't seem to work out.

So really, don't take my word for it that it is happening, but it seems like it could have happened.  So whether or not it's still suppose to be happening or not is unclear.  Hopefully they can clear things up soon enough.

• Like 1

Just now, reiner- said:

Seriously would not be cool.

I'd like to see what kind of deal Bamco, Sony and Atlus came to...or perhaps it's just been 10 years since the original and there's some wiggle room with the license.

3 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

I'd like to see what kind of deal Bamco, Sony and Atlus came to...or perhaps it's just been 10 years since the original and there's some wiggle room with the license.

Wow! It has been 10 years already. 

Well now I've got my hopes up. This remaster has to happen.

• Like 1

Assuming it’s true, don’t know if the trophy list will be the same or not. 

Having to keep track of Character/World Tendency was annoying as fuck. Also I don’t think there’s any way to save a NPC once they go aggressive. 

Dark Souls and later games removed a lot of the tedious crap, which made Dark Souls a lot more convenient for me. 

if they do remaster it, I need them to really set up a dark souls 3/1 remaster co op, as it would help a lot plus if they give better drops for the items such as the pure f ing blade stone as I don't want to grind hours again for that shity thing again. if not they better keep the dup glitch as once I find it am dupping the shit out of the pure blade stone so no one will suffer the grind to get just 1

Edited by KANERKB

This rumor was likely started due to a certain youtuber making a video about how they wish they made a remake of Demon's Souls and how it deserved it so much more than Dark Souls.

Creator has said it is okay, as long as it's done by someone who loves the game.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, MMDE said:

This rumor was likely started due to a certain youtuber making a video about how they wish they made a remake of Demon's Souls and how it deserved it so much more than Dark Souls.

Creator has said it is okay, as long as it's done by someone who loves the game.

if they do that, it better be done by people who are not assholes who want to keep the drop rate of items to be so low and or change hardly nothing as there is problems that demons souls needed fixing and maybe bring in the dlc as in some kind of way to go to the cut place in the broken stone as extra or as a kind of world to view the models and cut things and so on.

5 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

if they do that, it better be done by people who are not assholes who want to keep the drop rate of items to be so low and or change hardly nothing as there is problems that demons souls needed fixing and maybe bring in the dlc as in some kind of way to go to the cut place in the broken stone as extra or as a kind of world to view the models and cut things and so on.

lol, at your complaint about the drop rate. Didn't see the issue tbh, and yes, I know about the Pure Bladestone. xD

I would love to see them finish the last area though, as it was half finished, and there are both enemies and much of the location known, even some of the dialogue and story.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

lol, at your complaint about the drop rate. Didn't see the issue tbh, and yes, I know about the Pure Bladestone. xD

I would love to see them finish the last area though, as it was half finished, and there are both enemies and much of the location known, even some of the dialogue and story.

The only thing I'd like to see added to a possible Demon's Souls Remaster is a "rusty iron ring" of sorts that let's you roll/run on swamp enviroments from World 5, I hate how slow you move when you're down in 5-2/5-3 and also can't roll unless on solid ground.

PBS and other pure stone aren't so bad IMO, even if the drop chance is like 1%, since someone can always drop one for you then quit without saving and that's counting they would patch the duplication glitch.

28 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

The only thing I'd like to see added to a possible Demon's Souls Remaster is a "rusty iron ring" of sorts that let's you roll/run on swamp enviroments from World 5, I hate how slow you move when you're down in 5-2/5-3 and also can't roll unless on solid ground.

That's the whole point of the Valley dude.

6 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

That's the whole point of the Valley dude.

Yet you have Blighttown on Dark Souls and you can go through it using a rusty iron ring. It is to give some difficulty, but it's just annoying as hell, unlike managing poison/plague given from it which can actually provide a nice and fair challenge.

Many fans demanded a Demon's Souls remaster, however even with the rumors, considering Miyazaki's initial nervousness about this game and " he considers the idea only if a studio that loves his original work will handle it", paired with the fact that Elden Ring is in works, I won't get my hopes up. Besides, handling a server with World Tendency will be a big pain in the ass. That mechanic must be horrifying to implement. Consider that they didn't even fix the insta backstabs in Dark Souls 1 remaster...how well will World Tendency be transposed online? Unless they completely drop the idea.

Leaving the sad truth aside, going into "love this game" mode

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yes please! I saw that video by Sanadsk with the Land of the Giants archstone. Breaks my heart that they didn't have time to implement it ( same as Lost izalith really in DS1). That level would have been really awesome to add, considering how good the lore in Demon's Souls is. Plus the level looked like a full blown castle maze.

Also in regards to that horrible 5-2 Valley.. Personally I love to hate that area. I love returning and go " Oh not this shit again".

A rusty iron ring would indeed save LOTS of headaches (considering you have a hidden easy mode for the game with Thief Ring) but...somehow this old, flawed part is what makes Demon's souls really awesome. This and stupid spooky skeletons in World 4.

• Like 3

If its Bluepoint making it, hopefully they put as much care into it as they did Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Also i would hope they do change some things and make it a "Remake" more then just a "Remaster". Like it would be amazing if they added the 6th Archstone but only if they had From helping on the side so they dont mess it up.

What a tease!

If this ever becomes real I hope they keep it as archaic, brutal and unforgiving as it originally was. Like, don't make it easier or add new gameplay elements to it or change the UI, keep everything as is. And I'm not a masochist or anything like that but this is the sort of thing that made the game great and memorable in my opinion. It still holds up to this day despite its clunky, deliberate design choices.

Improvements I'd welcome though, would be a more stable framerate on the Valley of Defilement and perhaps completing that 6th Archstone to the Land of the Giants. A decent part of that content was already made so it would only be a matter of finishing and polishing things up. :D

• Like 2

A chance at a 4th plat...or more? I'm in.

9 hours ago, Soulslayer434 said:

If its Bluepoint making it, hopefully they put as much care into it as they did Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Also i would hope they do change some things and make it a "Remake" more then just a "Remaster". Like it would be amazing if they added the 6th Archstone but only if they had From helping on the side so they dont mess it up.

Now you're really starting to tease.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, soniq said:

If it happens, I'd rather see it on PS5 than PS4, just to get it running at a stable 60fps and a visual quality similar to Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne.

I think that is what the people who asked for Demon's remake asked for, launch PS5 title.

Edited by MMDE

21 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

If this ever becomes real I hope they keep it as archaic, brutal and unforgiving as it originally was. Like, don't make it easier or add new gameplay elements to it or change the UI, keep everything as is.

Agreed. Keep that stupid "get your friends to join via password!" system out of here.

• Like 2

if bluepoint is remaking demons souls i have one question. we all know how every souls game is easily exploitable due to the technical design of the games and how stupid the ai is. if theyre truly remaking the game from grounds up, are they going to keep the stupid ai and technical design of demons souls or are they going to ignore it and do their own thing? 

if theyre doing their own thing then it could be a very hard platinum trophy, if not, we are back to exploiting the bosses once more.