Are the glitches about taking less playthrough to achieve 100% still working?

Varhur

Doing it legit it would require a walkthrough on hard, survivor, survivor+ and grounded modes (or starting with grounded), though i remember hearing about a method using Easy+ walkthrough and turning it into Grounded+. Does that still work? What bad can happen and what to do in case of any problems?

Also, i've heard about collectible glitched resulting in trophies not popping - what to do then (aside from making a new save file).

20 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Yes, you can use the NG+ glitch.

Yes, there are issues with collectibles. New game save file and making sure you look at each collectible worked for me. I couldn't find any way of getting the collectibles to un-glitch.

So, easy, start easy+, finish Hometown, start Prologue on grounded and once i'm done i'll get all difficulty trophies?

Nothing bad will happen if you use the ng+ glitch :) It's just that after clearing the game on ng+ easy so use that file to play on grounded mode and to make things even easier go reverse order through all chapters (or even subchapters). Starting from the hospital chapter (i think that's nr. 16) go back to the intro and then play last the epilogue and voila all difficulty related trophies will appear which you don't have

1 minute ago, Varhur said:

So, easy, start easy+, finish Hometown, start Prologue on grounded and once i'm done i'll get all difficulty trophies?

I don't remember the exact steps, there are YT videos, but that sounds pretty close. I did Survival, then Grounded+ and got Grounded, all NG+ ones.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, Varhur said:

I highly recommend NOT doing it that way.  I'd play through on Easy, then Easy+, then reverse Grounded+.  So...

Easy: Max out Joel's health (very easy to do on your first playthrough, I did it on both PS3 and PS4 by just searching everywhere), do all collectibles, shiv doors, etc..., and upgrade your weapons as best you can, focusing on what suits you most by end of this first playthrough.

Easy+: Play through again on Easy+ making sure you use as little of your supplies and ammo as possible, don't go out of your way to collect anything that requires you to be wasteful to get it.

Grounded+ (reverse): Start on the final chapter (or second to last as you'll be playing Epilogue at the very end), then play all other chapters in reverse chronological order.  You'll start the hardest chapters with lots of ammo, bombs, etc..., which will make this a breeze.  Because the game lets you start each chapter with what you had on Easy+, playing Grounded in reverse means you can use whatever you want along the way and start the previous chapter however you finished it on Easy+.  No need to conserve ammo or anything.  Once you've finished all other chapters (and each says 'Completed in Grounded' or however it's phrased on chapter select, then start up the Epilogue and finish it on Grounded.

I did it the other way on PS3, doing Easy first, then starting Survivor+ and playing through all the way (Grounded wasn't a thing at that point).  On PS4 I did it the way I outlined above, and it was WAY easier.  It made Grounded easier than Easy.  I never ran out of ammo or other supplies, and I never ran into any real trouble.  Not having to play sparingly allowed me to blast and shoot my way through anything, though I did take a stealth approach first on every playthrough.  It was just nice to not have to reload a checkpoint repeatedly when I screwed up.

As for collectibles, the only problem I had was exiting a chapter in the middle after collecting a collectible.  Wasn't a problem on PS3, but on PS4 I had to replay Bill's chapter up to the school.  I collected something in a house, but then when I went over the fence (or whatever happens) and I was in the school parking lot, the game saved and I turned it off, only to come back later and find that collectible missing and I was not able to go back before that spot.  Some people suggested leaving the game on in rest mode and essentially doing it in one playthrough without stopping, but that's not necessary, just only ever quit the game after you complete a chapter and the game autosaves at the beginning of the next chapter.  Never stop playing mid-chapter.  It's likely not an issue in most places, but there are a few points where you can't go back if the collectible isn't saved properly (though you can use chapter select once you finish the playthrough, that's what I did with the one collectible that didn't save for me).  So yeah, on your Easy playthrough, don't ever turn the game off mid-chapter, and you should be fine.  Most chapters don't take long anyway, especially on Easy, so it shouldn't be too hard to adhere to that.

Edited by Matto_lsi