Trophy thoughts?

It really just looks like they got rid of the multiplayer trophies from the PS3 version which is kinda disappointing since I personally wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Makes sense since the multiplayer for the game is being remade from the ground up and will be free DLC later, it is to be seen if that would come with DLC trophies.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

My guess is the MP trophies will be added as a DLC list.

Then they must add the MP part first since it is not included now.

But it looks like that MP will be added sometime later but not just as it was on PS3/XBOX360.

---------------

Only trophy where little patience and backuping of savegames is helpful is "Nice Shootin', Tex!".

---------------

Some general game aspects:

Spoiler
  • There was a Day-1-Patch with around 300 MB or something like this which patched the game to Version 1.01 with this content written in the history: "Several bug fixes" and "Fixed some localization issues"
    • Since I play this game with console set to English I won't encounter any localization issues (I hope so 1f605.png).
  • No Multiplayer present in this games current state.
  • All Singleplayer trophies from the PS3 game are inlcuded.
  • No additional trophies are added to the game.
  • Ingame graphics look really good imo.
  • Some video sequences still look like the PS3 version, but that is not so much an issue for me.
    • When I played the God of War Collection I back in the day the PS2 version cutscenes where much worse!

Edited by Geridian

Glad to see the single player list is the same. Personally holding off until after the multiplayer is released. Got burned by it once before on 360.

Hopefully it's as fun as it was back then, but without the broken trophies.

Edited by Zebkoril
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dj_helyx said:

I wonder if they'll order a patch to fix the spelling of "Remasterd".

I just watched a profile from a guy on PSN who already plays the game and the spelling was correct there. Could the mistake made been here on PSNP?

Edited by Solid-Fisch

50 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I just watched a profile from a guy on PSN who already plays the game and the spelling was correct there. Could the mistake made been here on PSNP?

On my profile the word "Remastered" is also written the wrong way for the trophy set: "Remasterd".

This is true for the trophy set on my console and on PSNP.

Fun fact(!):

It depends on the menu item on the PS4 if it is written as "Remastered" or "Remasterd":

a. Trophyset directly through Trophies in the XMB or at PSNP: Remasterd

b. When you navigate this way ==> XMB >> Profile you can read Remastered

- b. should also be true if you check the profile of another person who has this game on his/her profile.

Thanks to @Solid-Fisch for providing me with a screenshot of b. which made me like check my own profile.

Edited by Geridian
Added fun fact
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

The least they could have done is given it the hilarious misspelling "remasturd".

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this. Stayed away from Ghostbusters on the PS3 because I heard about glitches and whatnot, though apparently it was the MP that was problematic. Looking forward to playnig this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

3 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

2 hours ago, Bungles--Finger said:

I'd leave it, it's perfect. :D

2 hours ago, Geridian said:

On my profile the word "Remastered" is also written the wrong way for the trophy set: "Remasterd".

This is true for the trophy set on my console and on PSNP.

Fun fact(!):

It depends on the menu item on the PS4 if it is written as "Remastered" or "Remasterd":

a. Trophyset directly through Trophies in the XMB or at PSNP: Remasterd

b. When you navigate this way ==> XMB >> Profile you can read Remastered

- b. should also be true if you check the profile of another person who has this game on his/her profile.

Thanks to @Solid-Fisch for providing me with a screenshot of b. which made me like check my own profile.

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

The least they could have done is given it the hilarious misspelling "remasturd".

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this. Stayed away from Ghostbusters on the PS3 because I heard about glitches and whatnot, though apparently it was the MP that was problematic. Looking forward to playnig this.

I'll just pretend it's their homage to this gem :D

• Like 1

removing the online trophies is a more good news to me, I heard they will add the multiplayer mode later as a free DLC.

this will be the first time I will be playing this version of the game, back then I didn't have a ps3 so I ended up picking up the ps2 port, it's not a game changer but it's a bummer that you don't have the opltion to play as a female rookie on this version like the ps2 and Wii version does.

Edited by yellowwindow7

The thing I was looking forward to with this game being remastered was the opportunity to do the platinum for the game as it originally was... Since I missed out on the PS3 list I thought the PS4 list would have been a way to redeem missing out on the original, but they've instead decided to add the multiplayer at a later date and ruin the platinum by instead probably having annoying DLC trophies as the multiplayer. I don't think I'll buy this until it costs less than £5 now, surely because the online existed in the past it could have been there from release. I don't think you can say that a game company nowadays couldn't add multiplayer to the game on time for release, especially when indie developers with a low budget can make online only games.

A friend of mine is VERY happy about multiplayer being left out. It was the only platinum he couldn't get out of his list of 350 platinums. Why? Because of a glitch. He never got the trophy for 100K Dollars but never gave up. He grinded until the servers went down with the hope of the trophy unlocking one day. He was number 1 in the leaderboards at the end and never got his trophy.

This was one of my favorites last gen so I am excited to get home and play it again. The fact that the trophies revolve around single player only is just the icing on the cake. I am curious to see what they do when the reworked multiplayer gets added in and if that means multiplayer DLC trophies will be added then.

• Like 1