Time to plat?

I played the original way back when on a different account. The single player campaign wasn't too difficult, except for a couple of spots on Professional difficulty, but I recommend two playthroughs because of the trophies related to property damage: one for completing with over $3M in property damage, one for less than $100K (i.e., don't blow up cars.) Finishing Professional difficulty without doing too much damage to property is extremely difficult. Better to not have to worry about it and just do two playthroughs. I would say it's probably about around 20 hours for two playthroughs, maybe less. The original game took a lot longer to get the platinum because of the online trophies, which was fun to play, but really challenging at times.

10 hours, 2 playtroughs. 

First Playtrough:

play on professional difficulty, collect all collectibles, deal more than 3 million dollar damage and try to get as many trophies you can.  

You can farm the damage with checkpoint reload. 

Play the time square level at the checkpoint before you go in the office. destroy all cars and reload the checkpoint. every run 500000 dollar damage. 

Second Playtrough:

play on easy and Speedrun your way through the game with less than 100000 dollar damage for a shiny fast platinum. 

Only the first 5 level you can deal damage, doesn't need attention in the last 2 ! xD

Edited by Mr_Pound_of_Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

*snap*

Hope you are keeping "Nice Shootin', Tex!"-trophy in mind: Total Damage Claim over or at exact $100,000 = Start a new career!

==> This is more trouble as playing on "Casual" first with keeping "Nice Shootin', Tex!"-trophy in mind and using the glitch afterwards.

My recommendation is to combine this "Casual" difficulty playthrough with the "Nice Shootin', Tex!"-trophy in mind (Complete the game with less than $100,000 in property damage:

Spoiler
  • This should be done because the "property damage" (Which can be seen in the ingame statistics: Menu >> Statistics >> Career Overview >>Total Damage Claim) is tied to your ingame profile (= Career).
  • Restarting a checkpoint or another chapter won't reset the Total Damage Claim, so if you are over $99,999 there is no going back!
    • To be precise: If you reach the amount of $100,000 then you have to start fresh!
  • Only way to start fresh and with a 0 for Total Damage Claim is to begin a "New Career", there is no other way!
  • Just backup your savegame and profile data every time a new checkpoint starts in one of the chapters. For reference see this guide on gamefaqs.
  • Also I used a trophy guide from another trophy site for the PS3 old version of the game which had good suggestions for getting the "Nice Shootin', Tex!" trophy.

Rule of Thumb:

When you arrive in the fifth chapter (Return to Hotel Sedgewick) and your Total Damage Claim is less then $19,999 you are in the clear because:

1. The estimated amount of damage you can do in chapter 5 "Return to Hotel Sedgewick" is $80,000!
  2. The damage done to the environment in the last two chapters "Lost Island" (chapter 6) and "Central Park Cemetery" (chapter 7) does not count to the Total Damage Claim!

Why should "The Destructor" (Complete the game with more than $3,000,000 in property damage.) be done after  "Nice Shootin', Tex!"?

Spoiler
  • This is my recommendation because you can collect the amount of $3,000,000 Total Damage Claim with the help of "Replay Mission"
  • Just wreak havoc in chapter 2 (TIMES SQUARE) and chapter 4 (HISTORY MUSEUM) until you reach $3,000,000 Total Damage Claim
  • When this done select chapter 7 last checkpoint and beat the final boss

==> You should get the "The Destructor" trophy.

==> Also these two spoilers reveal why the glitch is useful, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 1