God Awful and a new low for gaming!

45 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

What does this have to do with anything?  I certainly didn't buy the game because I was influenced by an advertisement.  I did it because I've completed all the Clancy Games on the ps4 and wanted to keep that trend going and friends wanted to play the game together as well.  What a Troll!! going through my past posts to make a stupid point that doesn't even make sense,  All this bullshit that people spew about shouldn't buy the game day one it's attitudes and low expectations like that that let developers get away with producing such rubbish in the 1st place. 

Not really.Profit is what lets publishers(not developers!!!) get away with such rubbish.Attitudes and low expectations like that are irrelevant if they don't impact profits.Basic economics bruh.

Edited by pot1414

35 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

Not really.Profit is what lets publishers(not developers!!!) get away with such rubbish.Attitudes and low expectations like that are irrelevant if they don't impact profits.Basic economics bruh.

k bruh!  

Edited by steel6burgh

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Frame rate, trophies not popping, tracking, freezing, wall glitches, under the map glitches, no weapon in hand glitches, no ability to fire weapon, character was riding on the tail of the helicopter and on the windshield, erratic AI looks like they're on meth, etc.  Why you not experiencing any of this? You about to defend this garbage?  Some of the gameplay is so bad it seems like a glitch but isn't like when spotted by a plane then 3 seconds later a entire army has converged on your position.  Wow what mobilization an army for the devil himself to be proud of.  Almost seems like AI behavior from a ps2 game. 

thanks for the heads up. ill be checking it out by this weekend 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

If it's fine for you that gambling mechanics are now in just about every modern AAA game (because drug addicts are born like drug addicts anyway, or some shit) then you do not get to rage over this fucking atrocity that's just a different piece of the same hideous pie.

Or else we really sink to a level of something not being bad because you're not affected by it personally.

He’s right about this. I’d say a huge majority aren’t affected by micros and that many are exaggerating about them. There’s games like nba, fifa, battlefront 2 (launch) and need for speed payback that are shitty when it comes to monetization due to pay to win aspects in an online game or excruciating grinds to make you want to purchase micros which should be called out 100% but I dont think ones such as Dmc 5, Overwatch or even Ac odyssey are a big deal. If they intrude on gameplay aspects then fuck em but if it’s just an option for you to purchase cosmetics or time savers then I don’t see how that’s ruining people’s gaming lives. 

Also breakpoint isn’t bad because it hasn’t micro transactions. It’s just a poorly made game with technical issues, aspects that aren’t good and from what I played it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

It's getting critically mauled and faring even worse on the usually oh-so-wise user reviews as well. Good.

Bargain bin game it is, if I ever bother at all, publishers that want to try to gouge extra money from me will get none whatsoever.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I did not have to dig back far, as your post was only a few days ago and it stuck out like a sore thumb.

In these modern AAA games you don't get to pick and choose. You will get these broken ass live service looter shooter games the way they want you to have them. Boring open world games, moslty with a roadmap that will likely never be finished and grindy gameplay that should entice the so called 'weak minded' to buy loot boxes based on gambling mechanics.

If it's fine for you that gambling mechanics are now in just about every modern AAA game (because drug addicts are born like drug addicts anyway, or some shit) then you do not get to rage over this fucking atrocity that's just a different piece of the same hideous pie.

Or else we really sink to a level of something not being bad because you're not affected by it personally.

maybe you should be an addiction counselor or something.  I guess i just thought I was on a trophy hunting website and didn't realize I came here to be lectured on gambling and addiction.  If you feel so strongly against gambling and addiction and you think gaming is a contributor of it than I'd quit gaming.  But you won't do that will you? also i wasn't raging about the gambling part of the game anyway.  Why don't you find a gambling and addiction forum to troll.  We don't give a shit.

Edited by steel6burgh

While of think this kind of threads are important, I'm always baffled that people get surprised by that kind of stuff. I remember the whole battleground 2 drama and anthem will be the last straw, then anthem came and again some drama and what happens people still buy their games. It doesn't matter nowdays of it's EA, ubisoft, square enix etc. All get a place in hell equally so people deserve to get scammed of they let themself scammed again and again.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, Stan Lee said:

Yes, blame consumers for demanding better rather than the developers and publishers for delivering a half-assed product...

Hey I agree with you, these products should be released bang on first time BUT they never are. Laws of common sense say hang on til the product is at its best which also corresponds with it being half the price as well which is win win.

I haven't played this yet obviously and I will make my judgment when I do.

27 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Hey I agree with you, these products should be released bang on first time BUT they never are. Laws of common sense say hang on til the product is at its best which also corresponds with it being half the price as well which is win win.

I haven't played this yet obviously and I will make my judgment when I do.

I see both sides of the argument, but I still think the idea of "release now, fix later" is and always will be the scummier side.

And yes, Ubisoft's track record these last five years dictates that their games will be in a shitty state on release and will continue to be so for as long as they are being bought en masse in such a state. But it's also pretty lame to mock and criticize those who are pointing out the flaws in the game- after all, most of them were people who enjoyed Wildlands and/or other previous games in the franchise and wanted to support the next game and are very disappointed that it is unrecognisable as a Ghost Recon game, they're a better group of folks than those who are blindly defending the state of the game or even outright denying there is anything wrong with it due to rabid fanboyism or the need to justify their lousy purchase. 

But whatever, I myself am on the side of waiting for these types of games to drop in price, or even buy second-hand if they're a MTX vehicle so it matters very little to me.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

Thank God for the beta reviews for this game, as I was ready to pre-order. Wildlands was not a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but it had it's redeeming parts. From what I have seen, this looks awful.

The fact that you have to drink water to replenish stamina was a I all needed to know about this game.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 7:08 AM, rotoninja said:

Thank God for the beta reviews for this game, as I was ready to pre-order. Wildlands was not a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but it had it's redeeming parts. From what I have seen, this looks awful.

The fact that you have to drink water to replenish stamina was a I all needed to know about this game.

absolutely. because when im dehydrated, sweating profusely or dying of thirst then the last thing i want is water

Edited by Gemini-JohnnyT
  • Like 2

Tom Clancy is Ubisoft’s answer to Call of Duty and Battlefield. 

You morons that keep buying this crap for $60 plus extra if you want the DLC are the reason why they all shove this crap. 

Nowadays it’s a cheaper and more viable option for these giant corporations to let the players game test their games. Used to be 15 - 20+ years ago that EA would hire game testers to try their content and they would report to the company any bugs and glitches they could find. Sure, it wasn’t perfect because a lot of bugs and glitches did end up getting into a lot of games, but that was the system that was in place. It worked.

Today they can release a half assed game that is broken. I understand that games in this day and age are next to impossible to be bug and glitch free because of how big they are. But looking at how much better the Sony exclusives are fine tuned, there’s no excuse for Ubisoft to release this pile of crap. 

You people who stand around at a midnight release, buy Ubisoft’s games at full price and take it a step further and buy the Ultimate Edition for their games that usually goes for over $100, you are just as guilty as Ubisoft is. 

A number of you are probably hypocrites because you’ll claim you won’t buy Ubisoft products on release anymore, yet you’ll gladly shell out full price plus $40 - 50 more for a game. Especially you Madden and NBA 2K fans who throw $60 - 100 for Madden 2020 or NBA 2K20. 

I’ve seen so many people buy these games and then wonder why the product is crap. Consumerist garbage for the braindead and uninformed masses. 

The publishers only care about the money. It’s always been that way. So for you OP complaining about this game, you clearly didn’t take the advice of voting with your wallet. You are the very kind of person Ubisoft wants. Someone who pays $60 for a new AAA game expecting it to be good without any bugs or glitches. You are supporting this company.

People are so stupid. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

On 10/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, Vadrael said:

While of think this kind of threads are important, I'm always baffled that people get surprised by that kind of stuff. I remember the whole battleground 2 drama and anthem will be the last straw, then anthem came and again some drama and what happens people still buy their games. It doesn't matter nowdays of it's EA, ubisoft, square enix etc. All get a place in hell equally so people deserve to get scammed of they let themself scammed again and again.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

you are condemning people to hell due to your dissatisfaction of certian video games? smh... you're taking gaming a tad too seriously 

I love how these dips shits that are still stuck on ps3 games are telling us we shouldn't be current with our games and play the new shit on release.  You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds yah because it's our willingness to spend 100.00 on a game that makes your gaming experience cheaper.  Some logic that it is somehow my fault they produce a shitty game because I bought it.  Buying a developers games should give them the capacity to make better games i would think.  Anyway what a bullshit philosophy.  Assassins Creed wasn't a mess at launch.  Division 2 wasn't this sort of mess at launch.  Why should I have expected Ghost Recon to be?  

Edited by steel6burgh

On 04/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, steel6burgh said:

This game is an absolute train wreck!  I mean we all knew it was more than likely going to be a technical nightmare considering it hasn't even been 3 full years since wildlands and the opening day disaster it was when it released. Well when we think it couldn't get any worse than we get this.  Why couldn't someone better get the Tom Clancy gaming rights than ubisoft?  All their games play so much alike anyway so for this one they decided to combine some elements from all there games to make this giant mess of a cluster fuck and none of it works.  They took the boring ass dialog options from Odyssesy.  They took the Looter shooter element from the Division,  We got the open world all their games entail.  You are under constant bombardment and enemies just appear out of nowhere just like Far Cry.  You have the errand boy type missions from Assassins Creed.  Aside from all of this you have one of the worst menus to navigate of any game to date.There is so much stuff to keep track of.  Nothing about this game is good.  Tracking from one side of the map to the other several times for one mission.  I have never witnessed so many glitches in a game day one.  We knew it was coming as I said but to this extreme the fact they charged 100.00 for this shit is amazing.  Unless splinter Cell comes back i'm done with the Clancy Franchises as well as Assassins Creed and quite possibly Far Cry.  Now people will defend it i'm sure and that is their right.  But anybody tells you this game is good is full of shit.  So disappointed!  It it a joke and the only enjoyment we have gotten out of it is laughing about how bad it is.  Quite honestly i have laughed very hard at it.  That might be the only reason i finish it.

So it's basically like any other Ubisoft game then? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I love how these dips shits that are still stuck on ps3 games are telling us we shouldn't be current with our games and play the new shit on release.  You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds yah because it's our willingness to spend 100.00 on a game that makes your gaming experience cheaper.  Some logic that it is somehow my fault they produce a shitty game because I bought it.  Buying a developers games should give them the capacity to make better games i would think.  Anyway what a bullshit philosophy.  Assassins Creed wasn't a mess at launch.  Division 2 wasn't this sort of mess at launch.  Why should I have expected Ghost Recon to be?  

Bullshit.

Ever heard of a thing called a backlog? I have plenty of PS4 games, I'm just playing some older stuff so I can finish it off.

I paid full price for God of War 2018 & Marvel's Spider-Man. Unlike the crap that is the latest Tom Clancy game, I actually tested both of these games at version 1.00 and they ran a LOT better than what you would expect from Ubisoft. As much as I nitpick some of the newer Sony exclusives, they are fine tuned extremely well and they not only look great but they play very well.

That's the difference between a company like Sony Santa Monica or Insomniac Games that actually spends the time to make their products more optimized for your game console, delaying the game if need be if it needs more testing. Ubisoft on the other hand just shoves out their games because they're trying to reach a status quo. Almost immediately after their games are released they offer a Deluxe Edition of sorts.

They have what, at least three or four different editions to their games now? It used to be just the base game and then the DLC was added on later that you would buy completely separate from the PS Store. Now you have not just the Gold Edition to a game that already gives you all the DLC once it is released, but an Ultimate Edition that you have to pay over $100 for what is essentially just a bunch of crap. God of War 2018 & Marvel's Spider-Man didn't need to shove down that crap on people.

Yeah, I get that games now are too big and too vast for developers to really make them fully optimized on release. That's why patches and updates are released over time to make them run better and smoother for your gaming console. But don't just come on and bitch that the game is completely broken on release date because in this day and age, what do you expect? These games are massive, maintained by several hundred if not over a thousand people who have worked on the game and they still can't completely get these games to run perfectly well.

Ubisoft just shoved out this Tom Clancy game because they knew they would make a shit ton of money from people like yourself. Maybe the game will turn out to be quite alright, but waiting a few months does wonders. Updates are released. Bugs are patched out. Complaints from gamers like you are sometimes addressed. This is completely in the doing of the publishers, because all that matters to them is short them profit margins and how willing people are going to shell out their wallets for a new AAA game that isn't even finished.

You saying to me we shouldn't be current is complete bullshit. Do I think it's your fault for buying a shitty game at launch? Possibly, because people shell out full price for the latest Madden, NBA and MLB game for the same game year after year. Wait a couple months, and the price drops drastically.

Just because Assassins Creed wasn't a mess and The Division 2 wasn't a mess doesn't mean some of their other games won't go as smoothly. Ubisoft is one of the biggest gaming companies out there, they have places all across the world and they release games every single year. A different development team worked on Ghost Recon than the team that worked on Assassins Creed Odyssey. That's like saying a couple of EA's games went pretty well but I should expect the next big EA game to run smoothly.

That's all I can say to you.

• Like 1