Supplemental Boosting Guide

da-Noob123

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Prob an old thread. But is boosting these trophies against EA's Code of Conduct / Terms of Use?

I never heard of anyone getting hit with the ban hammer for it.

SWBF is an old game, typically devs don't watch for boosters this far into the game's life cycle. Even SWBF2 is probably not moderated anymore if it ever was.

12 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I never heard of anyone getting hit with the ban hammer for it.

SWBF is an old game, typically devs don't watch for boosters this far into the game's life cycle. Even SWBF2 is probably not moderated anymore if it ever was.

I have heard about it for other games, but not SWBF.

I have only boosted for that game and the old Red Dead, because the servers were pretty much dead and it was full of hackers. So I found legit players and we did the trophies together.

Do you know Sony's stance on it?

11 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

I have heard about it for other games, but not SWBF.

I have only boosted for that game and the old Red Dead, because the servers were pretty much dead and it was full of hackers. So I found legit players and we did the trophies together.

Do you know Sony's stance on it?

The only game I have personally been afraid of being banned on was Killzone 2 even though when I boosted it was a  good 5-6 years old. I had just read a lot of warnings but by that time Guerilla Games had released KZ3 and were probably working on KZ Shadow Fall so no real danger there.

I  don't recall ever seeing anything about Sony themselves taking action against a booster. I typically play SP games vs MP ones and have never been banned. Rule of thumb, the newer the game, the more likely a ban will occur. Though to be honest, this gen I have not really heard about any games that were well known for banning boosters.

9 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

The only game I have personally been afraid of being banned on was Killzone 2 even though when I boosted it was a  good 5-6 years old. I had just read a lot of warnings but by that time Guerilla Games had released KZ3 and were probably working on KZ Shadow Fall so no real danger there.

I  don't recall ever seeing anything about Sony themselves taking action against a booster. I typically play SP games vs MP ones and have never been banned. Rule of thumb, the newer the game, the more likely a ban will occur. Though to be honest, this gen I have not really heard about any games that were well known for banning boosters.

Yeah I have heard about bans for that game. It does seem that the developer cares less when it is around the 5 year old mark.

The only thing I see in Sony's TOU is: "You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage."

Though this is kind of vague, and people can interrupt it in a 100 different ways. Such as "Unintentional game mechanics". Some could think that is would be unintentional to say capture and recapture a pod with a friend to get XP. Some would say that it is "breaking" something in the game to capture the pod once and gain a huge amount of XP.

I have looked up boosting bans in the recent years, and none really have popped up. But I think I may stick with just playing without boosting from now on. I did do Red Dead (PS3) and SWBF. So nothing I can do about that now.