Volta is broken and won't allow entry

realm722

Was grinding through Volta to get the "Only One" trophy.

After I had completed a match, I was booted off. Since then, I have tried to re-enter but every time I do I got this message: "Unable to connect to the EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again later. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information."

My internet is 100% working and other online features such as FUT(of course) and Online Seasons work perfectly fine. 

I did some deep-diving on EA/FIFA forums and others have had the same issue, one guy changed his DNS server and fixed it (I tried it, problem still there), but for the vast majority of others it didn't fix it either. Even the new patches haven't helped.

*sigh* Never again, EA.

Edited by realm722

On 04/10/2019 at 9:29 PM, realm722 said:

Was grinding through Volta to get the "Only One" trophy.

After I had completed a match, I was booted off. Since then, I have tried to re-enter but every time I do I got this message: "Unable to connect to the EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again later. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information."

My internet is 100% working and other online features such as FUT(of course) and Online Seasons work perfectly fine. 

I did some deep-diving on EA/FIFA forums and others have had the same issue, one guy changed his DNS server and fixed it (I tried it, problem still there), but for the vast majority of others it didn't fix it either. Even the new patches haven't helped.

*sigh* Never again, EA.

Having the same issue, played none stop sadly enough and I'm unable to connect! Any solutions?

4 minutes ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

Having the same issue, played none stop sadly enough and I'm unable to connect! Any solutions?

I didn't do anything man. I kept trying to connect and it wouldn't let me. I then went and simmed a bunch of the 200 matches in FUT, eventually after 18ish matches each time it would boot me off and take the process way longer. Dunno if it's cuz of FUT Champs this weekend and EA was crapping out but I just became frustrated and left it after a few hours.

I come back 10 hours later, click on Volta (after having tried 5-6 times throughout the day and it still not working), and for some reason it let me in, I went through, grinded it down and got the trophy.

I made like 3 different posts on the EA Help / Support forums and got 0 help. Seems like you just have to wait it out man. 

17 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I didn't do anything man. I kept trying to connect and it wouldn't let me. I then went and simmed a bunch of the 200 matches in FUT, eventually after 18ish matches each time it would boot me off and take the process way longer. Dunno if it's cuz of FUT Champs this weekend and EA was crapping out but I just became frustrated and left it after a few hours.

I come back 10 hours later, click on Volta (after having tried 5-6 times throughout the day and it still not working), and for some reason it let me in, I went through, grinded it down and got the trophy.

I made like 3 different posts on the EA Help / Support forums and got 0 help. Seems like you just have to wait it out man. 

Well that's not to bad I guess, aslong as all my data is still their, it should be fine... thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into the same problem a few days ago, and i couldn't access anything, from Volta to FUT. After staying 3 days without access to the game and trying all different possible solutions, what finally solved was opening a few ports for FIFA 20, which are the following:

• TCP: 1935,3478-3480,3659,10000-10099,42127
  • UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3659,6000

That's according to https://portforward.com/fifa-20/. And it solved. Hope it helps if anyone runs into the same problem. 

Edited by Gaollion
Unfinished.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had been grinding this from 10am until it locked me out with the same message around 3pm, is there a daily/weekly limit? I think I’m real close as my stats mirror that of the player on the other thread relating to the Only One trophy. 

If there is no limit is there a fix? 

6 minutes ago, SpillerTheKid said:

I had been grinding this from 10am until it locked me out with the same message around 3pm, is there a daily/weekly limit? I think I’m real close as my stats mirror that of the player on the other thread relating to the Only One trophy. 

If there is no limit is there a fix? 

There is a daily limit. Just wait 24h and you can play again... it worked for me like that. 

• Like 1