Spirit of The North Trophy Thoughts?

SwageBunny082

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, EcoShifter said:

Was just about to make this topic but not really, because thoughts without knowledge of the game and the gameplay makes a lot of it meaningless.

You have like no Fox related games on your profile! Here, i'll help you out: check out and buy these two games called Fe (platinum) and The First Tree (no platinum).

I mean, Fe isn't a cake walk, but I suppose it is on the easier side. I just got that game's platinum less than a full week ago, without a guide, too :).

Have you played the game already/before?

What's Fe like? Mention of fox aside.

On 1/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, Eraezr said:

What's Fe like? Mention of fox aside.

It's a platformer game, taking place in a large interconnected (Nordic based) forest, that is basically the equivalent of Journey and Abzu but starring a Fox-like creature. Like the games I compared it to, you'll be exploring the world, platforming (Journey), interacting with other beings/objects (moreso like Abzu rather than Journey's limited interactions), partaking in puzzles, and uncovering the secrets of the world and story that is unfolding around you. OST is good, too. The game also has metroidvania elements, some of which truly contain some of the best content in the game.

If I recall Abzu and Journey correctly, Fe should have an advantage over both of them in the actual gameplay department if anything. The overall game may or may not be better than Journey, but regardless it's worth playing, especially since unlike the other two games it actually has a platinum trophy, which is fairly large incentive.

Edited by EcoShifter

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Honestly I really want to like this game. When I saw the trailer I was stoked. Although I love the ending. The jumping mechanic felt very tight. Some of the puzzles felt unnecessarily frustrating. Like when you have to turn into a spirit and run to get to an alter. 

When I found this game I thought it would be more of an abzu, flower, everything type of game that would just be chill. A walking fox game if you will. So that's why I'm complaining.