Are You A God? Done easy

After you have beat the game, if you go back through and just replay through the last chapter of each act you will unlock this trophy when you beat the final boss.

(The last chapter has a boss in each one so kill the boss and skip the cut scenes)

I played it safe and went to the next mission after returning to the base

==> This was also my first attempt but this didn't work: Last boss in chapter 7 down = No trophy.

Only this way it worked:

Edited by Geridian

a

7 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

*snip*

It has nothing to do with the fact that the game is not that hard on professional difficulty!

It's all about the fact that getting the "Nice Shootin', Tex!"-trophy (Complete the game with less than $100,000 in property damage) combined with "professional" difficulty run for the "Are You A God?"-trophy looks like a hard stunt on the paper and about the fact that how many playthroughs are really needed.

Also I felt free to check your game progress and just thought about it with the worst case in mind:

• You play on "Professional", this is fine.
  • But how great is your Total Damage Claim? Over $100.000? If this is so you can kiss "Nice Shootin', Tex!" goodbye!
  • Since Total Damage Claim is carried over in your career profile the only way to reset Total Damage Claim is with starting a new career which also means no more "Replay chapters" for you.
  • This way you must do a complete second playthrough and keep Total Damage Claim lower or equal $19,999 until you arrive at the fifth chapter (Return to Hotel Sedgewick) !
  • This way you can go berserk in chapter 5 and you still get the trophy.

/edit It seems to be that I really have the skill "clairvoyancea":  Your "Professional" playthrough is done, you got "Are You A God" but object damage was over the limit for ""Nice Shootin', Tex!".

==> A. Congratulations for beating professional difficulty in playthrough one! B. Have fun on your second complete playthrough for ""Nice Shootin', Tex!"!

So it is faster/easier this way:

Spoiler

1. Do a first playthrough on "casual" difficulty which can be combined with "Nice Shootin', Tex!"-trophy (Complete the game with less than $100,000 in property damage).
  2. After the first playthrough is done use the glitch and just avoid a second playthrough completely!
  3. Then mob up all the misc trophies.
  4. Go for the "The Destructor"-trophy (Complete the game with more than $3,000,000 in property damage) which means just collect the $3,000,000 Total Damage Claim with "Replay chapters" and kill the last boss in chapter 7.

==> Platinum achieved.

For further information look here since I have written down all the details about how the glitch can be combined with the other stuff:

As always: Everybody can play any game how he/she likes to play it and also can play a game 3, 4 or 5 times to get the platinum or if there is no interest in the platinum just destroy everything for 10 or more playthroughs over and over again. It is all about the fact that a glitch is in the game which can be exploited. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Geridian
Just some minor tweaks.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Cool.

I am totally cool. I just see no sense in talking about the easiness of a game on it's hardest difficulty in a topic which is about talking how a glitch can be used if your first playthrough was done effectively. ==> That is all I wanted to point out!

My personal opinion: It is up to the player if this game is..

1) 04/10 difficulty (because last boss in the library can just suck on professional) // 1 playthrough and 7 to more replayed chapters // 6 to 8 hours platinum

or

2) 05/10 difficulty // more then two complete playthroughs // 10 or more hours platinum.

Hope that all questions are answered :). You all have a nice Sunday!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ACA5632 said:

honestly this game isn't really too bad on professional and its really satisfying once you've done it.

Game isn't exactly hard only hard bits are the boss which you still do .. other than that its pretty much running around and capturing a ghost here and there. So I still feel the sense of accomplishment

8 hours ago, ACA5632 said:

*snip*

This is not about "Game is not hard" because usually using a glitch is all about speed and if this game is 1) or 2) for you:

1) 04/10 difficulty (because last boss in the library can just suck on professional) // 1 playthrough and 7 to more replayed chapters // 6 to 8 hours platinum

or

2) 05/10 difficulty // more then two complete playthroughs // 10 or more hours platinum.

15 hours ago, Geridian said:

This is not about "Game is not hard" because usually using a glitch is all about speed and if this game is 1) or 2) for you:

or

Lol I did the full game on professional and one through on casual for the last trophy and I STILL got a better time than you based on PSN profiles. Looks like you were not "all about speed" in your playthrough.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Geridian said:

or

Library boss is cake. Portals all around the room take you across the area, you just pepper him from afar. Rinse and repeat

7 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Library boss is cake. Portals all around the room take you across the area, you just pepper him from afar. Rinse and repeat

Still this boss is much more difficult then on casual because on casual you just nuke him away. No need for portals.

10 hours ago, ACA5632 said:

Looks like you were not "all about speed" in your playthrough.

This happened because while I played this game I did no research and had not enough time to play so I finished it in 3 days.

But I am glad if somebody else does the Speedrun now since information is already there. ?

I don´t care for other people being faster as me. Never did, never will. ?

15 hours ago, danistheguy said:

I posted a separate thread but I don't understand how to survive the blue ghosts in the Chairman boss fight of the museum level. Instant death to whole party, what am I doing wrong? Would love to see a video of this because right now it doesn't appear possible.

Hide behind the centre controls or whatever they are opposite to him and only pop out when his not attacking

• Like 1

It's probably very easy this way, but I decided to do a full Professional run, going for all the collectibles (the haunted items) and the "Nice Shootin', Tex!" trophy at the same time.

No regrets. Except for that bit with the stone cupids at the end. You have to start tethering one after the other, right when they appear or you're screwed. What a terrible section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did Professional on my first playthrough, felt like giving it a shot legit to see how bad it would be.  Other than the viking opera singer section of Times Square and the Library boss it wasn't bad.  Even the dreaded Stone Angel gate part was surprisingly easy (you can literally run back and forth in front of the gate and they will destroy it themselves while charging at you lol). 

Library boss I had down to one tick of life on my first try, but a domino affect of bad luck had both AI drop and me getting stuck going towards a portal ended it.  Wasn't even utilizing the portal trick on that attempt either, just the one time to try to get to a downed AI character.

Portal trick worked really well once I got placement well, a few tries led to me getting stuck on the side of it while backing up.  

• 1 month later...

I can confirm the old trick from the 360 works. If you don’t feel like slogging through the campaign on professional, you can just do this. You can beat just the boss of each level on professional and the achievement will count. Just make sure you beat “Your Hired” in the firehouse and play until your going up in the elevator for the first time in the hotel. After that save and exit and you can now do the bosses in story order.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a284754/are-you-a-god-achievement

I used this from trueachievements, worked like a charm =). No need to do the first and second checkpoints in each lvl. Just do the the first lvl and both checkpoints and than of course each boss from each lvl (last checkpoint of each lvl).

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...