Rare Moly spawn only at level 5?

I asked about this previously and it seems that rare molys either only spawn at level 5 or higher or at least have significantly higher spawn rates. I’d suggest not trying to catch anything before you’ve got at least one area at level 5.

1 hour ago, Happy said:

I asked about this previously and it seems that rare molys either only spawn at level 5 or higher or at least have significantly higher spawn rates. I’d suggest not trying to catch anything before you’ve got at least one area at level 5.

That's a shame, I spent several hours and haven't caught any rare. I looked up online and everything seems to point towards 5. Only seen one comment saying they caught a rare one under 5 but their level was 3. =/

I spent 4 hours yesterday just working on the endemic life and observation trophies. It only took me a little over an hour to get both mole trophies. But I couldn't get the rare mole to spawn any where besides the coral region which I have at level 7. I have the forest and wildspire at level 5 then the rotten region at level 1. I caught moles 3 and 4 times in the forest/wildspire but none were the rare fluffy ones. They may spawn at level 5 and I was just unlucky. But I think you have a better chance at higher levels because the second time one spawned in the highland it was the rare one I needed. Hope it helps good luck