Unplayable digital games?

TheHarryGamer99

Will digital only games eventually become unplayable in the future when they eventually get delisted from the ps store, unless they have the game installed already? It is not as if the user can download a game if it is not on the store, even if they paid for it. Have anyone got a solution for this? Maybe have the games installed on a hard drive or a seperate ps achieve where you can access them or are we destined to lose games as time passes.

3 minutes ago, KondeBra said:

That may happen someday.

The Wii store is an example, they announced that eventually you will not be able to re-download your games.

The Wii store closure happened because Nintendo lived in a different world than Xbox 360 and PS3. They didn't even tie games to accounts, but to consoles... the "Nintendo Difference" :P

Edited by Lance_87

9 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wii happened because Nintendo lived in a different world than Xbox 360 and PS3. They didn't even tie games to accounts, but to consoles... the "Nintendo Difference" :P

Sure, but tomorrow we will live in a different world than PS3 or PS4. Everything changes, and that is why you may or may not be able to re-download your games.

Personally, I don't believe Sony will keep servers on 24/7 for PS3 games for a long time...

Edited by KondeBra

29 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

90% of those aren't available physically anyway and they're mostly games I'd play once and never touch again. :P 

Yeah but I am not worried about the My Name is Mayo games I am worried about games like Crossing Souls

Edited by TheHarryGamer99