Trophy thoughts on Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

It's not too hard of a list but the platinum is going to be difficult because that last level is super, super difficult. No checkpoints and a full run will take around 35 minutes.

But if you can beat that, the 200 TWIT Coins will be the only thing that will keep you up. A good portion of them are pretty hard to find and a lot of them become impossible to get if you miss something. Like if you break a box, you won't be able to miss a ledge or if you kill an enemy you were supposed to jump off of, you're screwed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

It's not too hard of a list but the platinum is going to be difficult because that last level is super, super difficult. No checkpoints and a full run will take around 35 minutes.

But if you can beat that, the 200 TWIT Coins will be the only thing that will keep you up. A good portion of them are pretty hard to find and a lot of them become impossible to get if you miss something. Like if you break a box, you won't be able to miss a ledge or if you kill an enemy you were supposed to jump off of, you're screwed.

Did you play the game already or something...?

• Like 3

Nice to hear it'll be harder, I'm curious what the platinum rarity will be. I'll wait a while before grabbing it.

I was a bit disappointed with the 2D setting, but in the end I think IL may be even better than the first game.

I'm also happy it came with a platinum, I thought they were planning to release a DLC for the first game, not an actual sequel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

You know that sound a car makes when you're sitting in it while it's travelling down a freeway? That "HRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound of the tires running over the concrete at high speed? That's pretty much what's going on in my head right now.

Coincidentally, I was listening to a LP in the background of Trials Rising and just that sound is going on over and over and over. lol

topic - Looks a bit bland trophy wise. I'm still annoyed they went 2.5D with the series already. Improve on the 3D platforming, surely you learned something from the first game's problems [those dead lifeless eyes...]. But whatever. I might check this out at some point. Though I should probably finish the first one. It's just so meh.

• Like 1

This game looks much more fun than its predecessor. I couldn't get into the first game much at all. I think this trophy list is super bizarre considering 20+ trophies are just for collecting bees (though admittedly, this means clearing stages). I don't know....looks like a fine list to me. Can't really expect much from the trophy list for a platformer, unless you start throwing in difficult optional/self-imposed challenges.

YL was not fun for me at all. Just a collect-a-thon from start to finish. I knew there'd be a lot of collectibles, but that was ALL there was to the game. 

I'm hoping this is better. I like platformers and I actually like the switch to 2.5D. 

Trophies don't look so bad. Just collect and do everything.

13 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

I played the game and, to answer some of your questions, the game is definitely harder than the first one. My guide will be up on PowerPyx's website when the game releases in NZ. It'll be a 6/10, mainly due to the Lair still being extremely challenging even with all bees rescued. As for collectibles, there's a ton, more than the first game, but you'll find guides to all of their locations when the game goes live. Also, nothing is missable. Trophies aside, it's a really solid platformer and I must really recommend it.

Hey mate, are you a kiwi too? 

I've played it since launch at midnight and basically streamed the whole lot.

Nothing is misssable, as you can use a tonic that keeps the in-level coins if you die, it's infinite lives, there are 2 in game trackers that help you find he secrets, as well as most 'secrets' being spelt out to you bynin game conversations that you pay a tiny price for a hint. 

Think donkey kong country and little big planet with a bit of Zelda thrown in and have a pretty good idea of the game. The Zelda reference is in relation to the over  world sections that do not allow entry to certain areas before you unlock bombs, or fire, or ice or water in the form of berries..

im really enjoying it. 

Edited by TheMightyImp2

6 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I am not a fan of this game. I’m extremely disappointed. There’s no pagies to collect. No music notes to collect etc. Also it’s extremely challenging. Really hard in some areas too. I thought this was going to be like the first one, and like banjo kazooie. I hate this. 

This is why people shouldn't base and conclude trophy difficulty on what t.descriptions say or how they seem. Well, the difficulty is foreshadowed in the title of the game. As for it not being like the first game, pre-release and review videos made had already shown this before the game released. I wish you knew what to expect before getting into it, though.

So you don't like how it's like Donkey Kong, another popular and well liked platformer series from around the same point in time as the game you mentioned?

I didn’t say anything at all about basing it on trophies. ?  I don’t like how it’s not the same as before. I was expecting it to be like the first - like I stated above- more banjo kazooie. I like the collectible aspect ??‍♀️ And I like DK. Again though that has nothing to do with what I stated.  

Edited by sealightbreeze

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

I didn’t say anything at all about basing it on trophies. 1f644.png  

I don’t like how it’s not the same as before. I was expecting it to be like the first - like I stated above- more banjo kazooie. I like the collectible aspect ?1f3fb.png‍♀️ And I like DK. Again though that has nothing to do with what I stated.  

...  This is the trophy thoughts topic, and your first post supports the idea that you had extra incentive to get this game because the trophies seemed easy to you.

Ok. The "collectible aspect" is still here, just different than what you'd see in a fully 3D game. It was just a question... considering DK took inspiration from Banjo when it jumped to 3D and when it also produced one of the best 2D platformers, apparently, recently.

Edited by EcoShifter