Story/Sidequest roadmap.

Thermopyle2

Worth mentioning that you should make a save/reload checkpoint after romancing a character, as it locks you out from romancing the others. I reloaded a save right after I got the trophy so I could romance somebody else in the same playthrough.

It is also possible to give the crown to Derdre in the cave. I'm not sure but I wasn't able to give her the crown when I first denied her and defeated her, was only able to give it to Duncass och Ulan (perhaps I couldn't find the option to give it to her).

Aren't you required to complete the Trial quest after "In the name of science" and win the case against the doctor for the perfect ending?

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Worth mentioning that you should make a save/reload checkpoint after romancing a character, as it locks you out from romancing the others. I reloaded a save right after I got the trophy so I could romance somebody else in the same playthrough.

It is also possible to give the crown to Derdre in the cave. I'm not sure but I wasn't able to give her the crown when I first denied her and defeated her, was only able to give it to Duncass och Ulan (perhaps I couldn't find the option to give it to her).

Aren't you required to complete the Trial quest after "In the name of science" and win the case against the doctor for the perfect ending?

Good point on the romances, I added that.

The Trial is part of the In the Name of Science line, so it's included in the list. I'm testing the perfect/imperfect ending today to find out if it's actually required, though. I was going to wait to post, but we had a storm coming through last night and I thought I might lose power. :)

Edited by Thermopyle2

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Did you have her support prior to going into it? I went in with support from all three, and after beating her all three had the option of giving them the crown.

1 hour ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Did you have her support prior to going into it? I went in with support from all three, and after beating her all three had the option of giving them the crown.

Nope, only had Duncass' and Ulan's support. I had some active quest going on with Derdre so she kept reminding me that I need to complete the quest before getting her support. Didn't complete it so never got her support

1 minute ago, Erkawest said:

Nope, only had Duncass' and Ulan's support. I had some active quest going on with Derdre so she kept reminding me that I need to complete the quest before getting her support. Didn't complete it so never got her support

That'd be my guess as to why she wasn't available to give the crown to, then.

2 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

That'd be my guess as to why she wasn't available to give the crown to, then.

Hmm could this be a missable if you don't get support from the others? Luckily she appeared in the cave so I could give it to her, but if not for that perhaps it locks you out.

What happens if you don't get support from Ulan or Duncass?

Edited by Erkawest

Just now, Erkawest said:

Hmm could this be a missable if you don't get support from the others? Luckily she appeared in the cave so I could give it to her, but if not for that perhaps it locks you out

Possibly.

There are some quests that interact with others. For example if you don't do Logging Expedition before Water Trials, Logging Expedition automatically fails.  It doesn't give you the notification until you try going through Constantin's throne room, though, nor does it give you any warning. Luckily you will still get assigned the followup quest Price of Blood later on despite that. Additionally there's a Naut quest to find a girl in a cave; if you haven't done another quest before that to clear the cave of monsters the girl will be dead when you find her.

I'm not sure if there are any other lockout possibilities before the end of the game.

im having issues with A better world all companions n factions r friendly, i did the trial n watched him be sentenced with aphra. the guide for this to do trails + other one. wat is the other one? i did all quest for the other factions. im starting to think it could of been my choice with theleme about they're religion i think i did hide it idk if that could effect it or not

Edited by illumiMatty

20 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

I used this very helpful post as a basis for my own playthrough, but decided to expand it into a complete listing of all story/sidequest/romance trophies. Additionally that post did not include mission names to let people know exactly when to save in order to prevent as much duplicate play as possible.

Hide contents
  1. Start as Male (Extreme Mode)
  2. Complete all side quests on the island, then leave fore Teer Fradee. (All sails set! :hidden:)
  3. Complete 1 Kurt mission and any other side missions except In The Name Of Science.
  4. Play main story missions up until The Prince's Secret - Inform Admiral Cabral about the situation. 
  5. Save 1 right before talking to Admiral Cabral
  6. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin, then choose to kill Kurt when he attacks. Clear the Coup on the island, then you'll be prompted to go the docks. (The Prince's secrets.:hidden:)
  7. Save 2 just before the quest marker when prompted to go to the docks. Enter the docks. View cutscene, Betrayal in Blood :hidden: triggers.
  8. Choose to save Theleme or Bridge Alliance (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden: or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  9. Reload Save 2
  10. Choose to save the other from step #6 (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden:  or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  11. Reload Save 1
  12. Complete Kurt mission #2.
  13. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin and play through Coup with Kurt on your side (Missed coup :hidden: )
  14. Stop progressing with main missions--some side content can be locked out.
  15. Complete all remaining companion quests. Achieve all romances except for Kurt--save/reload before romance to keep other options available. (Siora: Minundhanem, Aphra: Love and Botany, Vasco: Love and the Sea, All Companion Quests: Friendship Above All :hidden: )
  16. Complete all side quests except In The Name Of Science and become friendly with 2 factions.(Serve to convince, Natives: Carants, Theleme: Theleme's Chosen :hidden:)
  17. Continue with main quests. Complete A New High King up until you've obtained the crown (be sure to have support from all 3 chiefs before getting it.) Choose to keep the crown to yourself. (Waterproof, Outside the stone prison. :hidden:)
  18. Visit Constantin to trigger A New Threat. Save Hikmet and San Matheus. Return to Constantin.
  19. Travel to Dorhadgenedu -- Save 3 before giving the crown away.
  20. Ending 1:
    Give the crown to Derdre. (Influence Game  :hidden:)
    After waiting 2 days you are transported to Anemhaid. Light the last camp fire right beside you. (The trophy doesn't pop until you talk to De Courcillon.)
    Meet with En on míl frichtimen. (En on míl frichtimen  :hidden:)
    Return to New Selene, pass Constantin and talk to De Courcillon about the camps. (Explorer :hidden:)
    Talk to Constantin and continue on with the main quest. (Something is Rotten :hidden:)
    Kill Constantin. (Back to the roots, A passion for extreme. :hidden:)
  21. Ending 2:
    Load save 3. Change difficulty to easy/normal and update save 3 (just to make the combat faster.)
    Give the crown to Ulan, proceed as above. (Island for sale. :hidden:)
  22. Ending 3:
    Load save 3.
    Give the crown to Duncass, proceed as above. (A big step towards peace for 4/5 factions.  :hidden:)
  23. Ending 4:
    Load save 3.
    Give the crown to Duncass.
    Finish In the Name of Science to get Bridge Aliance to friendly. (Favoured with the Bridge Alliance. :hidden:)
    Proceed through gathering factions. With 5/5, talk to Conrad. (All for one, one for all! :hidden:)
    Defeat Constantin (A better world. :hidden:)
  24. Ending 5:
    After credits of Ending 4, load last auto-save before Constantin.
    Spare Constantin. (New gods. :hidden:)
  25. New game for Kurt:
    Start a new game as female. 
    Get to the island, complete Kurt's first two quests before coup.
    After coup, complete Kurt quest #3 and romance. (Guardian of Love, Plat :hidden:)

Let me know if anything is off. I've got the two Duncass trophies to do still (I messed up and got too much Bridge Alliance rep, so need to revert to an earlier save to get down to 4/5) but I believe everything should be correct.

Thanks for editing the list and updating it with more clarity. Really appreciate all the hard work you and the other person who created it did for a good roadmap towards plat.

One question in regards to your latter comment - any advice on keeping the 'right' rep with Bridge Alliance? I got +3 at the starting quest with them for turning in the alchemist but they are still Suspicious as of now. I still have the Attack on Caravans quest to do as well as any other quests the Bridge might give which lead towards reputation.gains/losses (including In The Name of Science). 

25 minutes ago, IntrepidHunter said:

Thanks for editing the list and updating it with more clarity. Really appreciate all the hard work you and the other person who created it did for a good roadmap towards plat.

One question in regards to your latter comment - any advice on keeping the 'right' rep with Bridge Alliance? I got +3 at the starting quest with them for turning in the alchemist but they are still Suspicious as of now. I still have the Attack on Caravans quest to do as well as any other quests the Bridge might give which lead towards reputation.gains/losses (including In The Name of Science). 

You'll get +3 for saving them during A New Threat. You also get +8 during the trial if you've made the correct choices for it. Check this guide out for details (the page header gives the wrong quest name, the details are for The Trial):

https://guides.gamepressure.com/greedfall/guide.asp?ID=51696

7 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

You'll get +3 for saving them during A New Threat. You also get +8 during the trial if you've made the correct choices for it. Check this guide out for details (the page header gives the wrong quest name, the details are for The Trial):

https://guides.gamepressure.com/greedfall/guide.asp?ID=51696

Sorry - to be more clear (in hindsight I see where I wasn't) I just want to make sure I'm not getting too friendly with them prior to completing that questline and wind up where you're at, having to revert to an older save - though I suppose I can just monitor it and do constant saving to make sure they stay suspicious(? or would it be Nice?) - but that's a great link for when I get there. Thanks! :) 

7 minutes ago, IntrepidHunter said:

Sorry - to be more clear (in hindsight I see where I wasn't) I just want to make sure I'm not getting too friendly with them prior to completing that questline and wind up where you're at, having to revert to an older save - though I suppose I can just monitor it and do constant saving to make sure they stay suspicious(? or would it be Nice?) - but that's a great link for when I get there. Thanks! :) 

I actually just tried the Duncass ending (#3) with 5/5 friendlies but having not done In the Name of Science - The Trial and got A big step towards peace. Now I'm going to finish the trial and then see if that gets me A better world. If it does, then that means you can do everything up to the trial and still be in the clear for both Duncass endings. I'll post again once I've finished.

Edited by Thermopyle2

29 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

I actually just tried the Duncass ending (#3) with 5/5 friendlies but having not done In the Name of Science - The Trial and got A big step towards peace. Now I'm going to finish the trial and then see if that gets me A better world. If it does, then that means you can do everything up to the trial and still be in the clear for both Duncass endings. I'll post again once I've finished.

Yep--5/5 friendlies and alliances for the final battle but without trial gives  A big step towards peace, reloading and completing The Trial then gives A better world. I'll go ahead and update the roadmap.

• Like 3

Two things I'd have to add as I go for the final couple endings with Duncas.

In Step 17 I suggest adding in that Siora's personal quests/romance will not be able to be finished/completed until after Trial of the Waters main questline.

In Step 20 you instruct to speak to Conrad after getting all the alliances together - I think you mean Glendan here, no idea who Conrad is. :)

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:43 AM, IntrepidHunter said:

Two things I'd have to add as I go for the final couple endings with Duncas.

In Step 17 I suggest adding in that Siora's personal quests/romance will not be able to be finished/completed until after Trial of the Waters main questline.

In Step 20 you instruct to speak to Conrad after getting all the alliances together - I think you mean Glendan here, no idea who Conrad is. :)

Updated for both, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7-10-2019 at 7:15 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

I used this very helpful post as a basis for my own playthrough, but decided to expand it into a complete listing of all story/sidequest/romance trophies. Additionally that post did not include mission names to let people know exactly when to save in order to prevent as much duplicate play as possible.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Start as Male (Extreme Mode)
  2. Complete all side quests on the island, then leave for Teer Fradee. (All sails set! :hidden:)
  3. Complete 1 Kurt mission and any other side missions except In The Name Of Science.
  4. Play main story missions up until The Prince's Secret - Inform Admiral Cabral about the situation. 
  5. Save 1 right before talking to Admiral Cabral
  6. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin, then choose to kill Kurt when he attacks. Clear the Coup on the island, then you'll be prompted to go the docks. (The Prince's secrets.:hidden:)
  7. Save 2 just before the quest marker when prompted to go to the docks. Enter the docks. View cutscene, Betrayal in Blood :hidden: triggers.
  8. Choose to save Theleme or Bridge Alliance (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden: or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  9. Reload Save 2
  10. Choose to save the other from step #6 (In the name of the Enlightened :hidden:  or A preserved Alliance :hidden: )
  11. Reload Save 1
  12. Complete Kurt mission #2.
  13. Talk to Admiral Cabral, then Constantin and play through Coup with Kurt on your side (Missed coup :hidden: )
  14. Stop progressing with main missions--some side content can be locked out.
  15. Complete all remaining and available companion quests (Siora's are partially blocked until you've completed The Trial of Waters). Achieve Aphra and Vasco's romances--save/reload before romance to keep other options available. (Aphra: Love and Botany, Vasco: Love and the Sea :hidden: )
  16. Complete all side quests except In The Name Of Science - The Trial and become friendly with 2 factions.(Serve to convince, Natives: Carants, Theleme: Theleme's Chosen :hidden:)
  17. Continue with main quests. Complete A New High King up until you've obtained the crown (be sure to have support from all 3 chiefs before getting it.) Choose to keep the crown to yourself. (Waterproof, Outside the stone prison. :hidden:)
  18. Finish Siora's companion quests and get her romance. (Siora: Minundhanem, All Companion Quests: Friendship Above All  :hidden:)
  19. Visit Constantin to trigger A New Threat. Save Hikmet and San Matheus. Return to Constantin. (You'll probably get Favoured with the Bridge Alliance here. :hidden:)
  20. Travel to Dorhadgenedu -- Save 3 before giving the crown away.
  21. Ending 1:
    Give the crown to Derdre. (Influence Game  :hidden:)
    After waiting 2 days you are transported to Anemhaid. Light the last camp fire right beside you. (The trophy doesn't pop until you talk to De Courcillon.)
    Meet with En on míl frichtimen. (En on míl frichtimen  :hidden:)
    Return to New Selene, pass Constantin and talk to De Courcillon about the camps. (Explorer :hidden:)
    Talk to Constantin and continue on with the main quest. (Something is Rotten :hidden:)
    Proceed through gathering factions. With 5/5, talk to Glendan. (All for one, one for all! :hidden:)
    Kill Constantin. (Back to the roots, A passion for extreme. :hidden:)
  22. Ending 2:
    Load save 3. Change difficulty to easy/normal and update save 3 (just to make the combat faster.)
    Give the crown to Ulan, proceed as above. (Island for sale. :hidden:)
  23. Ending 3:
    Load save 3.
    Give the crown to Duncass.
    Gather all alliances except Bridge Alliance - Save 4.
    Get Bridge Alliance, proceed as above,. (A big step towards peace.  :hidden:)
  24. Ending 4:
    Load save 4.
    Finish In the Name of Science - The Trial with Aphra in party (If you didn't get Favoured with the Bridge Alliance earlier you will here. :hidden:)
    Get Bridge Alliance to join the war.
    Defeat Constantin (A better world. :hidden:)
  25. Ending 5:
    After credits of Ending 4, load last auto-save before Constantin.
    Spare Constantin. (New gods. :hidden:)
  26. New game for Kurt:
    Start a new game as female. 
    Get to the island, complete Kurt's first two quests before coup.
    After coup, complete Kurt quest #3 and romance. (Guardian of Love, Plat :hidden:)

Let me know if anything is off. 

In step 3 it says to not complete the side quest In The Name of Science, but in step 16 you talk about not completing In The Name of Science - The Trial. Is that the same side quest or can I complete In The Name of Science to get the Trial quest after?

And another question, in step 16 you also say to become friendly with two factions (Theleme & Natives). Is it a problem if you're also friendly with other factions for certain story trophies or doesn't it matter? 

6 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

In step 3 it says to not complete the side quest In The Name of Science, but in step 16 you talk about not completing In The Name of Science - The Trial. Is that the same side quest or can I complete In The Name of Science to get the Trial quest after?

And another question, in step 16 you also say to become friendly with two factions (Theleme & Natives). Is it a problem if you're also friendly with other factions for certain story trophies or doesn't it matter? 

I added a note for step 3 that you can complete In The Name of Science up to The Trial, nice catch. You can also complete any available non-Kurt character quests in this step as well. I don't believe you'd be able to finish any character's quest series until later in the story, however (or complete the subsequent romances for those characters.) 

For step 16: There are only three trophies for becoming friendly with factions. There's no downside to getting all three as early as possible, but Bridge Alliance rep almost entirely comes from the In The Name of Science quest line and a good chunk of that comes from The Trial, which you want to save until the end (step 24.)  If you've done all the other In The Name of Science quests you may get your rep high enough for the Bridge Alliance trophy in the story mission where you save them (step 19.) If not it will come during The Trial.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BrasilKilla said:

Can u start as a female and still complete this list just romance Kurt in beginning instead of apha?

If you'd rather play the bulk of the game as female you can do that; Aphra can only be romanced by a man, but Vasco and Siora are bisexual. You could romance Kurt, Vasco, and Siora in your first run as a woman, then when finished start a new male character and play enough of the game to romance Aphra. It's been a while now since I played the game and wrote the trophy roadmap, but I believe you'd be playing about the same amount for your second playthrough whether you're running through it for Kurt or Aphra.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

If you'd rather play the bulk of the game as female you can do that; Aphra can only be romanced by a man, but Vasco and Siora are bisexual. You could romance Kurt, Vasco, and Siora in your first run as a woman, then when finished start a new male character and play enough of the game to romance Aphra. It's been a while now since I played the game and wrote the trophy roadmap, but I believe you'd be playing about the same amount for your second playthrough whether you're running through it for Kurt or Aphra.

That's great to hear because i already started as a female but if i had to start over as a male i would as I'm not all that far into the game.  Is there anything different i have to do as a female?  So basically if i follow ur roadmap i just switch kurt for aphra?

1 hour ago, BrasilKilla said:

That's great to hear because i already started as a female but if i had to start over as a male i would as I'm not all that far into the game.  Is there anything different i have to do as a female?  So basically if i follow ur roadmap i just switch kurt for aphra?

Yep, just do everything the same except switch the romances.