Concrete Genie Trophy Thoughts

DrakeHellsing

It could have been worse I guess, they could have gated the Platinum behind VR trophies by shoe-horning them into the main trophy list (instead of bolted on DLC packs). It seems a bit weird that VR only trophies exist in a game which is not VR mandatory at all though. Unless that's some kind of bonus mode. I think i'll still keep this on my fall backlog challenge list and just take the hit with never getting it to 100%.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Extremely annoyed with it. Needing to have VR to 100% a game is a bit ridiculous. 

First time something like this has happened too that I know of. Every trophy list is either no VR or all VR but now we have a mix.

couf couf Super Stardust Ultra VR DLC couf couf

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheDarkBlade9 said:

So hmm, you must have VR to 100% the game? I really hope not.

You must. There’s a game mode that’s playable only in VR. If you try unlocking the VR trophies while playing the game, it won’t work. You have to get them in this mode that is completely separate from story mode. A bummer for 100% completionists for sure, but you can achieve the three trophies by having a trusted friend access your account and have him unlock the trophies for you. It only takes 20 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cilbi said:

People who don't have 100% accounts... why exactly do you care if there's a 100% you can't get without VR?

Even though I don't have 100%s on my account (heck my percentage is just average all up), for me, it's really, as I said in my post, on if I can play with the VR side with my controller.  I have my VR set of course, but no move controllers, and I know some VR games need those controllers to play them, but some don't need them.

If I need the move controllers, ah well, the VR stuff can then wait (I'm still going to get some... eventually x.x).

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Extremely annoyed with it. Needing to have VR to 100% a game is a bit ridiculous.

First time something like this has happened too that I know of. Every trophy list is either no VR or all VR but now we have a mix.

Super Stardust Ultra had VR-only DLC trophies in 2016 and it was the first one and only example, until now with Concrete Genie as the second. I personally have a PSVR, so now I can take off the dust from it! :P

Edited by MaxieM0us3

2 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

You must. There’s a game mode that’s playable only in VR. If you try unlocking the VR trophies while playing the game, it won’t work. You have to get them in this mode that is completely separate from story mode. A bummer for 100% completionists for sure, but you can achieve the three trophies by having a trusted friend access your account and have him unlock the trophies for you. It only takes 20 minutes.

Yeah, I guess this will be the way to complete it if you don't want to own a VR. What a shame.

2 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

I'm pretty sure VR is also the reason why the game kept getting delayed. I don't like the trophy list, way too many bronze trophies. What really cemented the no purchase for me was the lack of HDR, I'd rather have HDR than VR.

I prefer games that have a lot of trophies even if most of them are bronze. Rather have a list like this than something like Destiny 2. 

• Like 2

Well, I'm not a completionist so i don't care about vr trophies.

But i have to say that I'm not surprised with the decision, if you were really following game's news, the vr section was announced long time ago.

I was very worried that they would include trophies for that mode, luckily it's not required for the platinum.