Concrete Genie Trophy Thoughts

DrakeHellsing

12 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Oh boy, lucky me my brother bought into this whole VR thing and got PSVR.

Gonna be a pain in the ass dragging it over here.

I'll still get the game, the thing is...

I heard that there are like 3 glitched trophies. That's a big no go.

People already have the platinum so I don't think anything is glitched.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

People already have the platinum so I don't think anything is glitched.

Yeah, I mean that there is a chance for some of them to glitch.

PowerPyx guide said there are a few trophies that can glitch.

11 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Yeah, I mean that there is a chance for some of them to glitch.

PowerPyx guide said there are a few trophies that can glitch.

Oh ok. I was just going by what I seen on here. I didn't realize Powerpyx had a guide for the game already. It will be next month before I get it so maybe they will be fixed by then.

I just beat the main story to this game about 30 mins ago. I absolutely loved this game. If you could care less about your completion percentage or have a VR I definitely recommend picking up this game. You go from it being an artistic puzzle game to a little bit of a hack-n-slash at the end of the game.

The trophies for this game are also very simple. The collectible ones are the ones that are kind of annoying me right now, but definitely not impossible.

This game’s overall grasp on bullying was very well done. This game did not disappoint me what so ever.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I just beat the main story to this game about 30 mins ago. I absolutely loved this game. If you could care less about your completion percentage or have a VR I definitely recommend picking up this game. You go from it being an artistic puzzle game to a little bit of a hack-n-slash at the end of the game.

The trophies for this game are also very simple. The collectible ones are the ones that are kind of annoying me right now, but definitely not impossible.

This game’s overall grasp on bullying was very well done. This game did not disappoint me what so ever.

Glad to hear that.  Definitely will be on my to-buy list.
How would you rate it out of 10?

8 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Glad to hear that.  Definitely will be on my to-buy list.
How would you rate it out of 10?

Going by the positives - How smooth the game is, the art style, the story, it’s price point ~ Also the negatives - how short the game is(although not bad for how much the game is), little replay value except from gathering all the collectibles.

I’d honestly give it a High 6/7ish out of 10.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

The fact you need VR for the 100% in a non-VR mandatory game is utter bullshit. 

Here's a bit of a tip... trophies are also not mandatory. Crazy, I know.

I can't believe people are being so pissy about it. It's not like the platinum requires it. Some other games required the PS Eye on PS3 to platinum. Don't even remember people being this pissy about those stupid Play Link games that require 5000 mobile devices to plat. These are just extra trophies for people who have VR for whatever mode it is. It's not taking away your useless platinum. Your accounts aren't 100% anyway so why are you crying about it?

I bought a Marvel game which has delisted DLC and I won't be able to get the 100%, but I'll still play it and hopefully get the platinum. Who cares. Good Yevon people.

17 hours ago, Fish613 said:

The first instance that I know of was almost 10 years ago with LittleBigPlanet 2. They came out with the PsMove DLC pack which was only playable with the Move controller. So you couldn't 100% that game with the Move controller. 

This might be the first instance with VR, but not first instance in general. And like I said, that LBP2 instance is the first one that I know of.... there could have been something before that too.

Hate when developers don't put more time and thought into trophies. Al though, i can't blame them. I'm sure trophies/achievements are the last thing on their mind when making their video game.

LBP2 also had that second-screen pack which required the Vita.

• Like 3

why are people bitching about a game that was clearly made with VR in mind having VR trophies? it's good to let people know I guess, but seems a bit weird to moan about it when the PS store page makes it clear that the game has VR content.

7 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Going by the positives - How smooth the game is, the art style, the story, it’s price point ~ Also the negatives - how short the game is(although not bad for how much the game is), little replay value except from gathering all the collectibles.

I’d honestly give it a High 6/7ish out of 10.

how long did it take you to complete or get bored of the game?

the uniqueness + price point seem worth it to me, as long as I get some hours of good entertainment out of it I often don't mind short gameplay.

Edited by skiesforflying

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I was genuinely considering getting VR, but this close to the end of the generation I don't see the point. If I knew the same VR set would carry over to the PS5, I'd get it tomorrow, but if it doesn't I'd probably get 12 months out of it. Seems a waste...

Sony have said that it will be compatible with PS5.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/525917-psvr-will-be-compatible-with-ps5-sony-confirms

Hoping there will be an improved 2.0 headset too and they are not just going to do what they did with the Move controllers and re-use the same last gen tech with no improvements.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Here's a bit of a tip... trophies are also not mandatory. Crazy, I know.

I can't believe people are being so pissy about it. It's not like the platinum requires it. Some other games required the PS Eye on PS3 to platinum. Don't even remember people being this pissy about those stupid Play Link games that require 5000 mobile devices to plat. These are just extra trophies for people who have VR for whatever mode it is. It's not taking away your useless platinum. Your accounts aren't 100% anyway so why are you crying about it?

I bought a Marvel game which has delisted DLC and I won't be able to get the 100%, but I'll still play it and hopefully get the platinum. Who cares. Good Yevon people.

Well said.

I'm getting grey hairs just listening to some of these guys on this website bitch about practically anything.

Getting 100% all the time in everything is just overkill in my opinion. Play what you want. But don't act like every extra trophy that comes out in every DLC pack should be something you need to get.

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

It kinda does, but whatever. 

It literally doesn't. I don't want trophies that require an accessory I don't care about, whether it's $600 or $100 I will not buy one for this game or any other game for their gimmicks. 

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Well said.

I'm getting grey hairs just listening to some of these guys on this website bitch about practically anything.

Getting 100% all the time in everything is just overkill in my opinion. Play what you want. But don't act like every extra trophy that comes out in every DLC pack should be something you need to get.

I don't know....I mean people are entitled to play however they want; wanting to get all trophies is as a valid as not wanting to. Yes, they are obviously not mandatory, but I also don't get why people complain about trophy hunting...on a trophy hunting website. I think people are more accepting of DLC when its skill-based, when its because they'd have to spend £250 to buy the peripheral, then its an issue.

Personally I am a 100% player,  but I also have a backup account where I play games I can't complete so I can just enjoy them (mainly MP or "hard" games). For example, if Death Stranding is the masterpiece hype dictates it could be, but it's a 9/10 platinum, I'm not just going to not play the damn game. However, I do agree with the sentiment of others that adding in trophies tied to an expensive peripheral that was never required to play the game does suck. I am interested in VR anyway, but for those who aren't its kind of shit. 

18 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Sony have said that it will be compatible with PS5.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/525917-psvr-will-be-compatible-with-ps5-sony-confirms

Hoping there will be an improved 2.0 headset too and they are not just going to do what they did with the Move controllers and re-use the same last gen tech with no improvements.

This is genuinely really good news for me, thank you very much for sharing. There are quite a few VR releases I want to play and the fact I know the headset will be at least compatible with next gen makes me more inclined to make that purchase. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 7:56 AM, skiesforflying said:

how long did it take you to complete or get bored of the game?

the uniqueness + price point seem worth it to me, as long as I get some hours of good entertainment out of it I often don't mind short gameplay.

Took me about 4 - 5 hours to complete, definitely could've beaten it faster if I wasn't taking my time. At this time I'm trying to go around and look for collectibles - which are a frustrating portion of the game tbh. In section 2 on the map I have 16/30 collectibles for one category (there are two/three collectible types). I ran around the map for a damn hour and I'm just lost lol. Also, I think I may have glitched a collectible in the wall on the lighthouse portion of the game. - This whole scavenger hunt for these things is honestly killing me lol.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

its because they'd have to spend £250 to buy the peripheral, then its an issue.

You don't HAVE to, that's the point. Not getting them won't result in you bursting into flames. It doesn't delete all your other trophies. It doesn't do anything. It just makes some people pissy, and big fucking whoop they'll get over it. And the people who care that much are a fraction of a subset of people who actually care about trophies. Because while many here care about trophies, the ones who care enough to avoid a game solely based on a few DLC trophies for PS VR is even smaller than the people who care about trophies. It doesn't even affect the game itself. It's just a bit of extra stuff for people who have PS VR. As is the mode for it.

If people just went "that's a bummer, oh well" then I doubt anybody would care. Yet they're crying about it as if they've been infringed upon and that they "need" the PS VR to get the trophies as if they will die if they are unable to get all trophies in a video game. Get real.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I don't know....I mean people are entitled to play however they want; wanting to get all trophies is as a valid as not wanting to. Yes, they are obviously not mandatory, but I also don't get why people complain about trophy hunting...on a trophy hunting website. I think people are more accepting of DLC when its skill-based, when its because they'd have to spend £250 to buy the peripheral, then its an issue.

Personally I am a 100% player,  but I also have a backup account where I play games I can't complete so I can just enjoy them (mainly MP or "hard" games). For example, if Death Stranding is the masterpiece hype dictates it could be, but it's a 9/10 platinum, I'm not just going to not play the damn game. However, I do agree with the sentiment of others that adding in trophies tied to an expensive peripheral that was never required to play the game does suck. I am interested in VR anyway, but for those who aren't its kind of shit.

I'm sorry but avoiding games because they are a bit challenging is rather stupid.

This is the same kind of response people had two years ago with Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Only a fraction of everybody who was interested in getting the game was going to get the Mein Leben trophy anyway, due to it's difficulty and the ironman run being far too much for most. That doesn't even make a dent on someone's trophy account with the only exception being their completion percentage is no longer 100 percent.

I have a few games I can't 100 percent and a few other games I have absolutely no interest in getting 100 percent in. Even if I had Google Fiber as an internet service provider and the Uncharted 2 and 3 servers magically reopen, I still wouldn't go for those multiplayer trophies because they are absolutely ridiculous. Plus with all the games I have on my backlog I would rather spend 200 - 300+ hours playing a number of games I never played before and want to dive into, rather than torture myself with boosting all those hours for a measly 73 trophies.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

If people just went "that's a bummer, oh well" then I doubt anybody would care. Yet they're crying about it as if they've been infringed upon and that they "need" the PS VR to get the trophies as if they will die if they are unable to get all trophies in a video game. Get real.

This is about keeping 100 percent completion. That is why I will never maintain a 100 percent account because the risks involved are just too great.

It's easy to play a lot of easy games that you know and many other people know they can finish. Something like Vanquish, Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus in terms of difficulty or something excessively time consuming like Friday the 13th: The Game & Destiny 2, not so easy to finish.

THAT's the issue for them. That buying a PS VR for the trophies will set them back £250 which is what they'd rather not do. Because that will hurt their 100 percent completion rate.

I think its even worse how people here get offended by how some people are just calling the VR trophies bullshit, why do you care? Let people play however they want, it’s not like they have called this a bad game, they just said it’s bullshit.

We all can have opinions, and the fact that they are tied to a 100% doesn’t make them less valid.

How about this, you buy this game, full price, but you can’t PLAY part of it, because you don’t own a VR, cool uh? So I can’t complain about that? 

I checked the game in the store, and there is no sign of any VR required anywhere, so am I being scammed? 

Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

People who are 100% completionists make their own CHOICE to pursue that goal. 

That's great, but in doing so, they inevitably can't play some games due to difficulty, broken trophies, peripherals, etc etc. 

I think it's a bit odd then to complain about a game having a VR component as part of the trophy count. It's a developers right to use trophies as they see fit to enhance their game. If it's not for you, then simply don't buy it.

I do have some sympathy though....I myself had a 100% Xbox account for 6 years....eventually I drove myself nuts worrying about what I could and couldn't play!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'm sorry but avoiding games because they are a bit challenging is rather stupid.

This is the same kind of response people had two years ago with Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Only a fraction of everybody who was interested in getting the game was going to get the Mein Leben trophy anyway, due to it's difficulty and the ironman run being far too much for most. That doesn't even make a dent on someone's trophy account with the only exception being their completion percentage is no longer 100 percent.

I have a few games I can't 100 percent and a few other games I have absolutely no interest in getting 100 percent in. Even if I had Google Fiber as an internet service provider and the Uncharted 2 and 3 servers magically reopen, I still wouldn't go for those multiplayer trophies because they are absolutely ridiculous. Plus with all the games I have on my backlog I would rather spend 200 - 300+ hours playing a number of games I never played before and want to dive into, rather than torture myself with boosting all those hours for a measly 73 trophies.

This is about keeping 100 percent completion. That is why I will never maintain a 100 percent account because the risks involved are just too great.

It's easy to play a lot of easy games that you know and many other people know they can finish. Something like Vanquish, Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus in terms of difficulty or something excessively time consuming like Friday the 13th: The Game & Destiny 2, not so easy to finish.

THAT's the issue for them. That buying a PS VR for the trophies will set them back £250 which is what they'd rather not do. Because that will hurt their 100 percent completion rate.

This has nothing to do with challenge and isn't equivalent to the whole Mein Leben thing... I don't get what your comments of difficulty vs. 100%'ing have to do with Concrete Genie. To my awareness, this game is very easy, but that isn't the point. The bottom line is that trophies for a largely non-VR game are locked behind an expensive VR peripheral when the game itself barely requires it (aside for a mere 30 minutes of optional content). I'd rather it locked behind challenge than a peripheral pay-wall. It's not even that big of a deal, it just seems an irritating oversight; if its intentional, its a bit shit for non-VR users. That's all.

I personally I have an "OCD" thing where I like keeping my main account tidy - I normally take the plunge to max out or platinum anything up to a 6-7/10 sort of difficulty (primarily Xbox nothing too difficult on this account as I leave it for exclusives), anything else (often MP) I play on a backup account purely for fun because I concur that flat out avoiding any game that's hard is stupid. If I become good at it, I'll re-do it on my main. 

If you don't see the point in 100% that's valid, but the other end of the spectrum is valid too.

Edited by PhantomFear94
Formatting Issue
  • Like 1