Concrete Genie Trophy Thoughts

DrakeHellsing

3 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

We all can have opinions

Apparently not if they're opinions about other people's opinions. Only you are allowed that apparently. Otherwise the rest of us lowly mortals are offended and it's ridiculous for us to voice an opinion about other people's opinions. If only we could all be as great as you.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

This is about keeping 100 percent completion. That is why I will never maintain a 100 percent account because the risks involved are just too great.

No it isn't. This wasn't post-launch DLC that came out after people bought it ruining their precious 100% [which I bet most people whining don't even have and never will anyway; too lazy to look].

We knew before the game came out about these trophies. So the reasonable response is "Oh well, that sucks.". Not bitching as if you "need" to buy a PS VR and "have" to do this and that. No you don't. They're trophies. They're entirely optional, and the vast majority of people who play games don't give a single fuck about any of them. Somehow those people are able to play all games just fine regardless of what type of trophies there are. Odd how that works. Almost like it's not necessary to earn trophies to play a game.

People need to chill. There are bigger issues in the industry than a free DLC list of trophies for a mode for a peripheral. It's literally an extra thing for people with PS VR. Nothing more.

Go bitch about service games that won't exist in a year. And those you won't be able to fucking play, forget trophies. You can't even play the actual game content when they shut that shit down. That's something to be pissy about. Not optional DLC trophies for an optional mode.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Apparently not if they're opinions about other people's opinions. Only you are allowed that apparently. Otherwise the rest of us lowly mortals are offended and it's ridiculous for us to voice an opinion about other people's opinions. If only we could all be as great as you.

No it isn't. This wasn't post-launch DLC that came out after people bought it ruining their precious 100% [which I bet most people whining don't even have and never will anyway; too lazy to look].

We knew before the game came out about these trophies. So the reasonable response is "Oh well, that sucks.". Not bitching as if you "need" to buy a PS VR and "have" to do this and that. No you don't. They're trophies. They're entirely optional, and the vast majority of people who play games don't give a single fuck about any of them. Somehow those people are able to play all games just fine regardless of what type of trophies there are. Odd how that works. Almost like it's not necessary to earn trophies to play a game.

People need to chill. There are bigger issues in the industry than a free DLC list of trophies for a mode for a peripheral. It's literally an extra thing for people with PS VR. Nothing more.

Go bitch about service games that won't exist in a year. And those you won't be able to fucking play, forget trophies. You can't even play the actual game content when they shut that shit down. That's something to be pissy about. Not optional DLC trophies for an optional mode.

You don’t have an opinion, you are plain saying how people should play their games, waste their time or what they should/shouldn’t complain about, in other words, you think you are morally superior to any completionist guy, just because you don’t care about the same.

So yeah, go away with your “mortals” speech lol, one thing is having your personal opinions on the game/characteristics/story and another complaining about what other people should feel or not.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I think its even worse how people here get offended by how some people are just calling the VR trophies bullshit, why do you care? Let people play however they want, it’s not like they have called this a bad game, they just said it’s bullshit.

We all can have opinions, and the fact that they are tied to a 100% doesn’t make them less valid.

How about this, you buy this game, full price, but you can’t PLAY part of it, because you don’t own a VR, cool uh? So I can’t complain about that? 

I checked the game in the store, and there is no sign of any VR required anywhere, so am I being scammed? 

Just my thoughts.

Because they're fucking opinions.

As a post previously mentioned, some games on the PS4 have PlayLink, meaning you probably need a few people to help out with mobile devices.

For the record, people bitched about DLC. Nowadays nobody does that anymore, it's just blind acceptance. Now there's a big controversy regarding microtransactions and children and adults getting involved in what is essentially gambling. I despise both practices and if your game product relies on crap like that, which Star Wars Battlefront II relied on, your game is automatically a piece of shit in my eyes and it has to do through a LOT of changes for it to be good to me.

Back to topic, if these people are so bothered with the VR trophies, then they can either buy a VR, or just don't go after the trophies and move on. I will agree that the store needs to reflect that a VR is required for you to get the trophies.

The entitlement in this thread is making my head spin.

3 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

This has nothing to do with challenge and isn't equivalent to the whole Mein Leben thing... I don't get what your comments of difficulty vs. 100%'ing have to do with Concrete Genie. To my awareness, this game is very easy, but that isn't the point. The bottom line is that trophies for a largely non-VR game are locked behind an expensive VR peripheral when the game itself barely requires it (aside for a mere 30 minutes of optional content). I'd rather it locked behind challenge than a peripheral pay-wall. It's not even that big of a deal, it just seems an irritating oversight; if its intentional, its a bit shit for non-VR users. That's all.

I personally I have an "OCD" thing where I like keeping my main account tidy - I normally take the plunge to max out or platinum anything up to a 6-7/10 sort of difficulty (primarily Xbox nothing too difficult on this account as I leave it for exclusives), anything else (often MP) I play on a backup account purely for fun because I concur that flat out avoiding any game that's hard is stupid. If I become good at it, I'll re-do it on my main. 

If you don't see the point in 100% that's valid, but the other end of the spectrum is valid too.

How? You said yourself that games that are difficult as in a 8 out of 10 or a 9 out of 10 are not games you will be putting on your profile. I myself use an alt account if I'm not sure whether a game I want to play is achievable whether by skill or if there's a lot of online.

I'm happy with my 95 percent. I think anything from 70 to 95 - 98 percent is solid. Goes to show that you've completed most of your games, but games that are too difficult and frustrating you basically hanged up the towel and moved on. Nothing wrong with that.

An A rank is much tidier than an E rank. But completely avoiding the game itself because of the stupid VR crap is just silly to me. Sony should probably state that the game is VR supported and perhaps recommended.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

You're attacking the wrong guy here buddy...

I want you to know right now that I've been gaming for far longer than trophies ever existed. Same with achievements, in fact I was an achievement hunter on the 360 prior to switching over to Sony. But here's what you and many other people don't seem to convey. Gaming is optional. Yep, it's a hobby we all love to pursue.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what most people outside of this website think about trophies. Every single one of us on this website came here on their own free will, and it just so happened one night I came across PSNProfiles and thought "Hey, why not join these forums and see what people are playing". That's what I did.

Yeah, there are bigger things out there. Trump is making an ass of himself. Tensions are mounting elsewhere. Lootboxes are a major concern in the industry right now, which I just mentioned to someone else. That's not the point. That's all irrelevant to this conversation.

I've played plenty of service games in the past. A lot of online only games and MMOs. I've had accounts banned in MMOs that I poured countless hours into. Again... not relevant to this fucking conversation.

Edited by Spaz

Obviously this is the old 100% zombie player vs the rest of the world, you have the money or have the VR go for it, you dont and have an OCD problem dont, if you dont care even better. To me the game look too easy, it feels like a Littlebigplanet like, tipycally the type of game i like to watch and not play because they are not worth my money my time to be hunted.

And i platted LBP in the past because they were given to me and too poor to buy anything else ?

Edited by SKyZoX9

Lots of heat in this thread.  Yes, 100% is not necessary and is entirely optional, but for those annoyed with the "bitching", please remember that this is a website focused around trophies and trophy-hunting.  Many people here spend a lot of time and energy going for 100%.  Naturally there are going to be people here not happy to see a PSVR headset as a requirement to get a 100% in a game not originally geared for VR (myself included).  
Trophies are not important to most players, it's not life or death, but it's a frustration and this is probably the best place to vent that frustration and commiserate with other people who also like to get all the trophies in a game.  I think it would be nice to try and respect that as long as no one is calling for dev harassment or anything.  That would be bad.

Anyways,  I was super super excited to play Concrete Genie but I'm going to hold off now until I either give in and buy VR (I keep hoping they'll come out with a wireless/camera-less updated version) or can borrow it from someone else.  

I'm really sad about it, but I also put a lot of energy into avoiding putting any unobtainable trophies on my list ?‍♀️ so that's that I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 6:28 PM, HappyChika said:

Lots of heat in this thread.  Yes, 100% is not necessary and is entirely optional, but for those annoyed with the "bitching", please remember that this is a website focused around trophies and trophy-hunting.  Many people here spend a lot of time and energy going for 100%.  Naturally there are going to be people here not happy to see a PSVR headset as a requirement to get a 100% in a game not originally geared for VR (myself included).  
Trophies are not important to most players, it's not life or death, but it's a frustration and this is probably the best place to vent that frustration and commiserate with other people who also like to get all the trophies in a game.  I think it would be nice to try and respect that as long as no one is calling for dev harassment or anything.  That would be bad.

Anyways,  I was super super excited to play Concrete Genie but I'm going to hold off now until I either give in and buy VR (I keep hoping they'll come out with a wireless/camera-less updated version) or can borrow it from someone else.  

I'm really sad about it, but I also put a lot of energy into avoiding putting any unobtainable trophies on my list ?‍♀️ so that's that I guess.

People complained about the Super Stardust game on the PS4 having VR trophies. 

Looking at your account, you’re not a completionist. You got Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 done, which I tip my hat off to you because they are now games that prevent my account from having 100 percent. 

This thread is a perfect example of people going too far with the hobby. 

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

People complained about the Super Stardust game on the PS4 having VR trophies. 

Looking at your account, you’re not a completionist. You got Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 done, which I tip my hat off to you because they are now games that prevent my account from having 100 percent. 

This thread is a perfect example of people going too far with the hobby. 

I don't have 100% yet, but there's nothing unobtainable on my list.  I don't see how that discounts anything I said, though.  If people anywhere are going to express disappointment anywhere on the internet that there are VR trophies, I think this is a good place to do so.

Edited by HappyChika

• 2 weeks later...

Easily the most enjoyable Platinum trophy list I've completed so far this year.  More importantly, it's a wonderful game with outstanding atmosphere, world and art design, and a heart-warming little story.  Painting mechanics are well done and all the genies are cute.  The interactive AI with the genies is also impressive, especially how they can find you so quickly via the walls throughout the levels.  Combat and mobility mechanics towards the end are enjoyable and fairly well done.  Only major problem I encountered was the terrible targeting and camera on the final boss battle.  Overall Well worth $30 even if it's very short.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...