Game owners over the years

Radford999

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

I can go outside and play soccer, but I can't find a BFG 9000.

I can go on a hike and find relics/treasures ala Uncharted lol

Trophy hunters avoid most sports games for two reasons.

1) They tend to be long and challenging which is a bad combination for a large percentage of trophy hunters who either want quick or easy.  Not saying all trophy hunters do but a lot want one or the other (or both for Ratalaika)

2) Gamers and in particular trophy hunters tend not to be as athletically inclined and are more often creatures of indoors.  Generally speaking, they are not as likely to have been in sports growing up (they were gaming instead) so much less interested in playing or following team sports.    

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 0:17 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Maybe because it's literally FIFA 17?

ughw4dmht7q31.jpg

This is what you see when you eject the disc while FUT is open.

Quick! Someone post this to Reddit ASAP! ???

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

Honestly, I think FUT has a lot to do with it. That's the mode that gets the most activity and drives most of the sales. The problem is that it's one of, if not the biggest pay to win shithousery of a mode I've experienced. Too many people who are willing to sink massive amounts of cash to pack the best players are driving a lot of those who don't have that kind of money to burn away from the game. I mean it sucks when you sink hours into that mode to build a semi decent team and you still get piped online by some noob just because they had the cash to just funnel into it until theye got their Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar etc in their team.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

It's because the website doesn't track as many people as it used to. Auto updating of profiles was off for a long time for anyone who wasn't a premium member. Actually I think it started around this time last year which is maybe why last year is when the numbers really started to drop. I believe it's back now but not what it once was. If a big title just released it could hit 30-40k recent players on the front page. These days it's lucky if it hits 10k

Red dead redemption hit 30k recent players last year. No other game other than GTA would be able to do that.

13 hours ago, djb5f said:

I can go on a hike and find relics/treasures ala Uncharted lol

Trophy hunters avoid most sports games for two reasons.

1) They tend to be long and challenging which is a bad combination for a large percentage of trophy hunters who either want quick or easy.  Not saying all trophy hunters do but a lot want one or the other (or both for Ratalaika)

2) Gamers and in particular trophy hunters tend not to be as athletically inclined and are more often creatures of indoors.  Generally speaking, they are not as likely to have been in sports growing up (they were gaming instead) so much less interested in playing or following team sports.    

A lot of people who play video games also like sports. I spend lots of time playing video games and I'm also the complete opposite to being fat. You're stereotyping gamers saying most of them are fat when clearly that's not true.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Radford999 said:

No it’s not a joke. It’s a question.

You can’t say something isn’t challenging when you’ve not even played it haha. Well it sounds like you haven’t played a Fifa properly since Fifa 14. Come back on here when you have platinumed all of them and say it wasn’t challenging. If you are an average Fifa player, some of the trophies are really hard.

Unless CPU AI so suddenly improved leaps and bounds (it hasn't, I know that) then I don't see how the trophies have gotten harder since I last played and got the plat for 14. They are basically the same trophies. But, anyway, I'll bow to your superior experience on newer, radically new FIFA games.

23 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Red dead redemption hit 30k recent players last year. No other game other than GTA would be able to do that.

Big fan of that fantastic game but sorry Sir, that's simply wrong. Any Uncharted, COD, GOW or yes of course FIFA would be able to reach those numbers easily...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Any newer FIFA is harder than 14:

15 had the stupid luck based trophy to score from the ground, which takes more effort than any trophy in 14

16 and 17 had the online draft trophy, which is a pain even to boost

And 18 requires you to reach first division, which requires you to be a decent player at least (higher divisions in offline FUT seasons will put you against 4~5 star difficulty)

true words.

1 hour ago, patrickogorman19 said:

A lot of people who play video games also like sports. I spend lots of time playing video games and I'm also the complete opposite to being fat. You're stereotyping gamers saying most of them are fat when clearly that's not true.

Honestly, I am not calling anyone fat.  I really am not.  I am just saying that gamers are typically not athletic (they can be thin as a rail);  there are exceptions of course but it largely holds.  Look at make up of any eSports team or any gaming convention; some probably have never seen the sunlight.

1 hour ago, patrickogorman19 said:

God of War hit 30k+ within a week of release. There are several games that have the pull that can hit these numbers but there has been nothing this year that's come close to even half that. Borderlands 3 was a pretty big deal to some people right? but even coming on a month later it hasn't even reached 15k owners.

Now some people might argue that a trophy tracking website only tracking people who regularly manually update their profiles is a good thing, which is fair enough. Personally I think it's skewed the stats quite badly in places

• Like 3

Early on in a console's life cycle where there aren't many games available, more people will buy a FIFA because there isn't much else to play. Now in the late stage of the console cycle there is so much choice, go to your local games store and you see an entire wall top to bottom with current gen games. That's why people aren't bothrered about new FIFA games, plus they haven't changed anything besides squad updates and Volta football. 

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Any newer FIFA is harder than 14:

15 had the stupid luck based trophy to score from the ground, which takes more effort than any trophy in 14

16 and 17 had the online draft trophy, which is a pain even to boost

And 18 requires you to reach first division, which requires you to be a decent player at least (higher divisions in offline FUT seasons will put you against 4~5 star difficulty)

19 and 20 require you reach D4 on FUT which is way harder than anything in FIFA 14 too, so I don't see the whole point of your statement

As I said, I'll bow down to your superior knowledge of the radically new FIFAs.

As I made very clear, I've played the newer ones and know the gameplay to not be any harder at all, but if the similar looking trophies are radically harder then fair enough. I just haven't experienced the actual on pitch play to be any harder at all. Not saying I disbelieve you.

6 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Unless CPU AI so suddenly improved leaps and bounds (it hasn't, I know that) then I don't see how the trophies have gotten harder since I last played and got the plat for 14. They are basically the same trophies. But, anyway, I'll bow to your superior experience on newer, radically new FIFA games.

Mate, you can’t just look at a trophy list and assume it’s easy. There are some really tricky trophies in recent Fifas. Winning an online draft is very hard unless you are a very good player. Reaching division 1 is difficult, even against the AI. And this years is challenging with the trophy for reaching division 4 in ultimate team. So don’t say oh they look like the same list every year, it doesn’t look challenging until you have actually tried to go for the trophies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Mate, you can’t just look at a trophy list and assume it’s easy. There are some really tricky trophies in recent Fifas. Winning an online draft is very hard unless you are a very good player. Reaching division 1 is difficult, even against the AI. And this years is challenging with the trophy for reaching division 4 in ultimate team. So don’t say oh they look like the same list every year, it doesn’t look challenging until you have actually tried to go for the trophies. 

I know exactly what you mean. As far as Fifa platinums go, 14 was by far the easiest. It's the only one I have. That is partly down to me losing interest in certain aspects of the game of course, but I remember the online draft trophy took me countless tries before I got it. And getting to Division 1 is most definitely difficult unless you are skilled at the game. Yes, for someone who is a skilled Fifa player, certain trophies may not be overly difficult, but they are still harder than anything 14 had to offer. Literally, the only challenging trophy 14 had was the legendary skill challenge, but you could cheese that by doing a goalkeeper one. So, it was a doable platinum even for casual Fifa players, but all games after that required you to have some skill in certain aspects of the game.

• 1 month later...

I know it can looks ridiculous to play the same sport game every year with not so much changes ...

But man i have all fifa platinums (from 2009 to 2019), and same for PES (2010 to 2019)

So i dont think it's a good reason, maybe im just stupid or addict, but i just want to keep the chain and go for both fifa and PES platinums for 2020 ^^'

I never buy it full price (just got pes 20 used for 30euros and will probably sell it soon at same price) ... so its more a matter of time than money ^^

Edited by seblegamer
Typo

You should also take into account that FIFA is getting worse and worse every year so that would also explain the player decrease. Besides that, from a pure gameplay/realism perspective, PES is now far superior than FIFA.

Edited by hcmode
  • Like 1

First of all, whether more or fewer trophy hunters buy the game is irrelevant.

If you look at the official information we have (from the EA earnings call for the last financial quarter), there are more new players than last year, big increase in total games played and significant double digit growth.

It's surely top 2 in sales this year including all games released in 2019. ( COD being the other one).

So the exact opposite of what you are describing is happening.

Trophy hunters don't buy it because it requires skill to get the plat ( this year's plat is actually easier than last year) .

In my opinion, it's the best football game I have played (it's not perfect obviously) .

I have played a ton of Fifa and PES.

I used to be a PES fan but switched to Fifa because it's way better, it's not even close.

32 minutes ago, bcimbatman7 said:

First of all, whether more or fewer trophy hunters buy the game is irrelevant.

If you look at the official information we have (from the EA earnings call for the last financial quarter), there are more new players than last year, big increase in total games played and significant double digit growth.

It's surely top 2 in sales this year including all games released in 2019. ( COD being the other one).

So the exact opposite of what you are describing is happening.

Trophy hunters don't buy it because it requires skill to get the plat ( this year's plat is actually easier than last year) .

In my opinion, it's the best football game I have played (it's not perfect obviously) .

I have played a ton of Fifa and PES.

I used to be a PES fan but switched to Fifa because it's way better, it's not even close.

I think it all comes down to personal taste.

FIFA is very easy to pick up, it's an arcade ping-pong style football game. Passes are super accurate and it's very hard to make mistakes once you get the hang of it.

PES, on the other hand, is way slower, more tactical and much more realistic as far as gameplay is concerned.

FIFA has better commentators, presentations and more licenses, but let's be real, it's not a game that tries to simulate real football.

1 minute ago, hcmode said:

I think it all comes down to personal taste.

FIFA is very easy to pick up, it's an arcade ping-pong style football game. Passes are super accurate and it's very hard to make mistakes once you get the hang of it.

PES, on the other hand, is way slower, more tactical and much more realistic as far as gameplay is concerned.

FIFA has better commentators, presentations and more licenses, but let's be real, it's not a game that tries to simulate real football.

If you were talking about Fifa 19, I would agree.

Fifa 20 is a different story.