Good Old Times question

DbLoki

My understanding is that you have to do customer orders for this trophy, rather than buying old cars and repairing them, but do only specific cars count? 

Also, can you accept the job and then turn it back in unfinished, or do you have to complete them?

• 1 year later...

Realised I hadn't answered your first question but I its completing jobs through the phone only, I tound fitting one part to the cars worked best. In the stats menu on main screen I'm now at 89 old cars fixed where I've been spamming just fixing one of the required parts and finishing the order. Not far to go now! There is a list I screenshotted online of which cars to pick that work which really streamlined it too but I don't know how to attach to this ?‍♀️ 

Then its just the story mode and selling 1000 cars that I need to do 

Edited by FridgeMouth

• 9 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 2:59 AM, FridgeMouth said:

Jobs don't have to be 100% finished, except the story ones I've found which do need to be 100% complete. 

Thanks for this tip! Since this game doesnt have a rating system like PC building sim I'm gonna start doing this for the 100 old cars! I was avoiding a lot of old car jobs that have so much to repair it would take 1h for just that job alone lol

EDIT: Ignore above message. Guide is correct, you need to fully repair car.

Edited by GamerCrazy2

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using this trick to grind up Old Car Fixed, but when I go into Stats, the number counted doesn't go up. I've been fixing one part and turning it in as unfinished. Is there something wrong I've been doing, I know I got the right cars since I some old cars fixed all the way and it counted. Is there a specific method to this or is it just me?

*Edit*

Okay, I re-read the guide, and it said the order must be completed. So I assume the trick is more about picking orders that have old cars but doesn't take too long to repair. Such as the ones that need body parts to fix or re-painting.

Edited by dakk55

• 3 weeks later...

You can save scum this as well as the 1000 cars sold trophy. Your statistics is tied to your "Saved Data" save file while your garage and level is tied to your Named save data. Fully repair the cars but dont finish the jobs. That be said though you can only have 3 at a time when i used this trick with the level 2 garage. Save exit to menu, upload to cloud. <Loop>Load back into game and submit the 3 cars, save exit to menu once more. Make sure your stats changed properly so you indeed are sure you are repairing old cars. Close game and go to cloud save data, download your named saved that should be around 3mb and overwrite your local copy. <End Loop> Load back in the game to sell them again and repeat as needed.