Removal of Facebook Integration on PS4

TugaSonic

UPDATE:

A spokesperson for Facebook provided the following statement to Kotaku: “We’re working with Sony to finalize an updated contract designed to improve the Facebook integration on PlayStation. While these discussions are in progress, Facebook features will not be available on PlayStation 4. We hope to bring these features back as soon as our teams reach agreement.”

ORIGINAL:

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Removal-of-Facebook-Integration-from-PS4?language=en_US

PS4 will lose Facebook integration starting today. You won't be able to share screenshots, videos, trophies and the like. Profile pictures imported from Facebook will also no longer be used.

Edited by TugaSonic
Updated with new info
  • Like 1

Personally not a great loss, i use Twitter to share my things anyway, i use FB only for Posts of Pages i Follow, if those ones would go to Twitter i wouldn't even use Fb at all, for me it's awful! It doesn't show like 70% of the pages i follow, so what's the point of me Liking a page -_-

• Like 1

Probably wasn't working very well anyways. I envy those who so easily willingly link everything to one thing. Or im just too stupidly careful about nothing.

35 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Now if we could get rid of Spotify.....

What the hell are you thinking!?

Spotify is a bliss from the grinding god to prevent players going insane with stupid grinding and repetitive tasks.

Tony Hawk's and GTA playlists are god tier for farming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katt said:

What the hell are you thinking!?

Spotify is a bliss from the grinding god to prevent players going insane with stupid grinding and repetitive tasks.

Tony Hawk's and GTA playlists are god tier for farming.

Real issue is not being able to get rid of something 3rd party on my device, regardless of its usefulness. Also integration of other websites, especially when they clearly don't care about security/privacy. There's like 5 other things we can't uninstall, Spotify is just an example.

Rant

I have to have noise. I hate current streaming services for many reasons, don't want to get into details. Mainly selection and catering to the majority (that's fine, it's a business).  So I run my own.

Not a brag, but I run 2 TVs in the living room. I try to get people to convert, because it is so much better. Play a game, run Plex or Twitch., podcast, etc..

Edited by Sky_RykerXD