Removal of Facebook Integration on PS4

TugaSonic

Facebook should of died a long time ago.

The website was much better than it started. Then as the years went on, MySpace died out and Facebook basically took it's place as the #1 social network.

In recent years Facebook has declined in popularity in place of Twitter, Instagram and Reddit. YouTube is probably the only social media website that has maintained it's popularity in all these years.

Facebook is now a website for old farts in their late 50s and 60s to bitch about Donald Trump and the upcoming 2020 US Presidential Elections. Trying to make any meaningful conversation on there is pointless. People now spam their feeds with useless internet memes, much like Twitter only the audience on Facebook is older.

Mark Zuckerberg couldn't give a fuck less because he's one of the richest people in the world and he can retire a happy man when everybody else will be scrapping by with paycheck to paycheck and struggling to pay their bills. Facebook should of stayed like it was when it started, a website intended for college students to interact with each other. Because by now it would of been dead.

I hate Facebook. How it's still relevant today and how people can still stomach it is beyond me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Facebook should of died a long time ago.

The website was much better than it started. Then as the years went on, MySpace died out and Facebook basically took it's place as the #1 social network.

In recent years Facebook has declined in popularity in place of Twitter, Instagram and Reddit. YouTube is probably the only social media website that has maintained it's popularity in all these years.

Facebook is now a website for old farts in their late 50s and 60s to bitch about Donald Trump and the upcoming 2020 US Presidential Elections. Trying to make any meaningful conversation on there is pointless. People now spam their feeds with useless internet memes, much like Twitter only the audience on Facebook is older.

Mark Zuckerberg couldn't give a fuck less because he's one of the richest people in the world and he can retire a happy man when everybody else will be scrapping by with paycheck to paycheck and struggling to pay their bills. Facebook should of stayed like it was when it started, a website intended for college students to interact with each other. Because by now it would of been dead.

I hate Facebook. How it's still relevant today and how people can still stomach it is beyond me.

Facebook extended it's lifespan by following the Disney plan and purchasing all the up and coming replacements who could have challenged them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Apparently Facebook is the main place of sharing political views and fighting in general regardless of country (I don't want to imagine how crazy is the Trump debacle in US over Facebook, I know here any 50+ coot with a crappy has already an account and a speech against the faithless youth. Eastern Europe is a blast). At the same time I found out a sick apple pie recipe on FB itself and some genuine house wine trading so... there is a 1% benefit of having an account on that cesspool of a site xD 

Anyway regarding the main topic... I mainly used this whole  "integration" for sharing screenshots. But removing this won't really affect many. As lots of people said before, who the hell uses Facebook anymore? Especially in tandem with PS4? I tried sharing a video on facebook from PS4, the quality sucks ass major time!

Wonder if Zucc in his great intelligence will share my DMC4 and Cat Quest screenshots to the reptilian overlords. Maybe that's why Sony is putting a stop to this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Facebook extended it's lifespan by following the Disney plan and purchasing all the up and coming replacements who could have challenged them.

They're only doing what Comcast and other companies have done in the recent past. Acquire acquisitions, buy up smaller companies and expand their territory so that there is less competition. That's essentially a monopoly. That is why only a few companies in America own at least 90 percent or more of all the media. Competition becomes less prevalent and therefore you're stuck with the same shitty ideals. 

Facebook is ass these days. They have done nothing special these past few years. Hopefully like Apple they'll just become more irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Apparently Facebook is the main place of sharing political views and fighting in general regardless of country (I don't want to imagine how crazy is the Trump debacle in US over Facebook, I know here any 50+ coot with a crappy has already an account and a speech against the faithless youth. Eastern Europe is a blast). At the same time I found out a sick apple pie recipe on FB itself and some genuine house wine trading so... there is a 1% benefit of having an account on that cesspool of a site xD 

Anyway regarding the main topic... I mainly used this whole  "integration" for sharing screenshots. But removing this won't really affect many. As lots of people said before, who the hell uses Facebook anymore? Especially in tandem with PS4? I tried sharing a video on facebook from PS4, the quality sucks ass major time!

Wonder if Zucc in his great intelligence will share my DMC4 and Cat Quest screenshots to the reptilian overlords. Maybe that's why Sony is putting a stop to this?

Twitter is just as bad. Too many fucking trolls and dipshits for me to ever bother stepping foot in that cesspool. Too many shitty internet memes that just show how stupid we're getting.

I've done some sharing with screenshots. The problem is Facebook itself hasn't done much to really innovate and expand what used to be a decent social media website. It should of died back in 2009 - 2012. At least back in that time Facebook had a lot more purpose. Now it's becoming like a lot of other big websites. Stupid and too big to care about it's own product.

• Like 1

I never had or participate in Facebook despite my friends who tried many times to force me to open a page there suggesting to post my drawings on Facebook to get more attention but I just decided to go with DeviantArt instead which make sense, so i'm not missing on anything with this news.

my brother got a Facebook and he received a message from the Playstation staff about this even though he does not post anything related to his ps4 progress on Facebook, the only thing that changed on his PSN account is the removal of his Facebook avatar.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, Gommes_ said:

Who uses facebook anyway? And especially when it comes to trophy hunting?

Just because people like you and me don't give 2 shits about Facebook or sharing our progress on that platform doesn't erase the fact that a lot of people do care about it and use those functionalities.  ?

My brother uses it for custom avatars, since you can set your FB PP as your PSN PP. He's kinda disappointed about it, but in the end it's just an avatar, you know? It's not a game-breaker and it's not like he uses facebook for anything else anyway, lol.

• Like 1

Ah no wonder I noticed my close friends who use their real life pic or custom avatars are set to their PSN avatar, I thought they personally remove them. Anyways I don't use Facebook so it doesn't affect me but here's hoping they add the features back for those who do use them.

54 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Hopefully, Sony removes more stupid features like this one. I still don't see the point in us having followers on PlayStation. This isn't Twitter and you still can't remove people you don't want following you. Yes, I'm still triggered by that feature.

Same here lol. I'm forced to contact all the followers one by one, some don't even listen, others don't even know how to unfollow people, and/or they'll just block you. And some don't even own a PS4 -_- (you could manage your friends on the "My PlayStation" page in ANY browser anyway), in some cases they changed their privacy settings and can't even be contacted by normal means (i.e. you have to resend a friend request, hope that they'll accept them, and then tell them to unfollow you LOL), i don't like to block anyone just to see a "0" in my followers list.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

God I hope this shitty feature will never return on any playstation console ever again. The only service I'd like to see is direct integration of instagram, so I could easily upload my screenshots/videos from the best moments in the games. Made a fine collection over the years. But uploading them still only is possible over detours. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 7:36 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

God I hope this shitty feature will never return on any playstation console ever again. The only service I'd like to see is direct integration of instagram, so I could easily upload my screenshots/videos from the best moments in the games. Made a fine collection over the years. But uploading them still only is possible over detours. 

Instagram is turning into shit. It basically replaces what MySpace used to be back in the day. Full of people aged 18 - 40 looking for desperate attention through a million selfies and filling their profiles with garbage.

Reddit and YouTube are about the only major social media websites I bother to use at this point. I pulled the plug on Facebook and Twitter, and I refuse to make an account on either if a few friends of mine try to encourage me to do so.

Less social media crap, more on substance and actual gameplay. That's what gaming consoles should always be.

• Like 1