Rules for what you can play at any given time?

Dreakon13

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

No worries, I appreciate the comment.  Just to follow up though, my state of mind towards most things lately (gaming included) has developed into something a little more complicated than this, and is probably a difficult thing to explain if you're only following the fragmented pieces of statuses and topics that I post here.  I'd say under normal circumstances though this is perfectly reasonable advice. :)

Ah ok I see what you mean now. Indeed it sounds more complicated than the statuses and posts in this case :) 

I really don't have a rule or anything, but I try to stick to 1 game at a time. It's really rare that I play 2 games at once. Well, another "rule" is that if I start a new game it has to be in the morning (I'm more awake), and I have to play it for a few hours to fully immerse myself into the story and get used to the battle controls.

Edited by Edunstar84

@Dreakon13, I think what you said will probably work best for you. I personally don't restrict myself, but I do typically have a pattern since I share my consoles.

Usually play 3 games max on each system at a time, mostly to save space. I normally have one game I'm focusing on getting 100% on for the PS3 and PS4 while I use other games to play to mix it up to make sure it doesn't get stale. I also usually play certain systems on certain days of the week too.

No rules. 

Whatever I feel like on the day, something to unwind and have fun, or to be challenged.

I’m currently trying to get from 7 to 20 ultra rares to give my trophy cabinet more cred. Before a few months ago I didn’t care for UR games so I’m prioritising UR games now although it’s a joke how little time I have to do them. 

Edited by MiloFPS

No real rules. I have goals of finishing games at some point, but I have no problem putting a game down, or picking it up. I've gone years between playing the same game so many times, it's hard to count. 

I have a goal of playing through some of my backlog, but I still buy games like crazy. 

I guess I don't really like imposing rules on my pastime. I live with enough rules in real life.