AC Odyssey is the only game to stay on Popular This Week the longest than any other game!

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 4:28 AM, JamesModel said:

It's been an year since AC Odyssey has been out and honestly I've seen it become the first spot all the way to the last spot in Popular Games This Week never to leave the list ever! It amazes me that this game has lasted THAT LONG on the list and I'm not complaining because I have been visiting the game even after beating it. It just shows that this game has a lot of end-game content especially with the updates and everything. Ubisoft (I'm not a fan of the company & their microtransactions) did a tremendous job at updating this game weekly and giving us new content every month for an entire year! Thank you and thank you to the players aswell! <3

Ops, look ? that lousy game it's not anymore in the most played game of the week for the first time thanks to Spiderman, Monster energy Supercross, the two stacks of Jedi Fallen Order, Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3 and Death Stranding! 

• Like 1

Of course it had to disappear from there before I got the chance to add to the statistics ?

But, you know... with as consistent a playerbase as it has had thus far, I wouldn't be surprised to see it back once the hype for these more recent releases cools off a bit.

It's a well made, well written Assassin's Creed game which has received a huge amount of post-release developed content both paid and free.

I mildly enjoy the creativity of people in how they've found ways to complain about this on other threads and corners of the internet - It's too long, it's got too much content etc. 

But personally I find it nearly impossible to find any fault in this game and it's release + post-release and I'm glad it has kept people playing and engaged for so long. If they replicate this formula for the rumoured Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok then it'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

It's a well made, well written Assassin's Creed game which has received a huge amount of post-release developed content both paid and free.

Not even close to being well made and written AC game. Odyssey and Origins are just Witcher 3 wannabe but without the great characters and great story. As far as the content is concerned, yeah it's full of stuff, mostly repetitive boring stuff like camp - fort - cave - camp - camp - cave - fort and of course the stupid endless fetch quests.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Not even close to being well made and written AC game. Odyssey and Origins are just Witcher 3 wannabe but without the great characters and great story. As far as the content is concerned, yeah it's full of stuff, mostly repetitive boring stuff like camp - fort - cave - camp - camp - cave - fort and of course the stupid endless fetch quests.

Witcher 3 is overrated as hell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Sorry to hear you personally didn't like it. I disagree with your viewpoint, but I guess that's why opinions are what they are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 December 2019 at 9:18 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I mildly enjoy the creativity of people in how they've found ways to complain about this on other threads and corners of the internet - It's too long, it's got too much content etc. 

But personally I find it nearly impossible to find any fault in this game and it's release + post-release and I'm glad it has kept people playing and engaged for so long. If they replicate this formula for the rumoured Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok then it'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

Well written? Sure you could argue that for the base game at least, but the DLCs were utterly ridiculous (especially Fate of Atlantis, which adds dumb fanwank at the expense of having a story that actually makes any sense)

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Well written? Sure you could argue that for the base game at least, but the DLCs were utterly ridiculous (especially Fate of Atlantis, which adds dumb fanwank at the expense of having a story that actually makes any sense)

I haven't played Fate of Atlantis yet, but I'm optimistic about it. I thought the Legacy of the First Blade was great and couldn't really see any issues with the writing, it was well paced, had relatable characters and engaging dialogue, even though it railroaded my character into becoming a parent, which was a bit of a misfire that seemed to upset a fair few people and something that that Ubisoft later apologised for. But when it comes to the idea of 'good' writing etc it's all subjective.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I haven't played Fate of Atlantis yet, but I'm optimistic about it. I thought the Legacy of the First Blade was great and couldn't really see any issues with the writing, it was well paced, had relatable characters and engaging dialogue, even though it railroaded my character into becoming a parent, which was a bit of a misfire that seemed to upset a fair few people and something that that Ubisoft later apologised for. But when it comes to the idea of 'good' writing etc it's all subjective.

Spoiler

The epilogue of the DLC shows that Kassandra/Alexios' lineage eventually makes their way to Egypt, and then eventually gives birth to Aya. During this montage, you see the pyramids being built.

But, uh, the pyramids were built between 2589 and 2504 BC, and AC Odyssey takes place in 431 BC. So... why are pyramids being built? The writers obviously didn't do their history homework... and then the FoA writers obviously didn't do their lore homework. 

Admittedly the issue with Legacy of the First Blade is way, way, way less important than the FoA issue, but you're not there yet so I won't spoil.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, AK-1138 said:

Of course it had to disappear from there before I got the chance to add to the statistics 1f602.png

But, you know... with as consistent a playerbase as it has had thus far, I wouldn't be surprised to see it back once the hype for these more recent releases cools off a bit.

Don't you ever get tired of being right, Past Me?

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:
  Hide contents

The epilogue of the DLC shows that Kassandra/Alexios' lineage eventually makes their way to Egypt, and then eventually gives birth to Aya. During this montage, you see the pyramids being built.

But, uh, the pyramids were built between 2589 and 2504 BC, and AC Odyssey takes place in 431 BC. So... why are pyramids being built? The writers obviously didn't do their history homework... and then the FoA writers obviously didn't do their lore homework. 

Admittedly the issue with Legacy of the First Blade is way, way, way less important than the FoA issue, but you're not there yet so I won't spoil.

My level of enjoyment aside, I honestly think they just gave up making things truly coherent in terms of timeline. The animus plot went from 'wow this is really compelling' to 'what the hell are they doing?' after the Ezio stuff. I just went with it to get to the next historical part. I wonder how much of that will be in the rumoured AC:Ragnarok when that arrives. I'll still keep enjoying them, I think and I think that the moment to moment dialogue and plot is fine, it's just when they start to try and weave it into this grand overarching narrative that it falls on it's arse a bit.