What is your first priority in trophy hunting?

fbdbh

What is your first priority in trophy hunting?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. What is your first priority in trophy hunting?

• Completion percentage
    • Amount of games played / completed
    • Amount of trophies earned
    • Leaderboard ranking
    • Rarity or quality of trophies
    • Thematic collecting / Game sets
    • Maintaining a steady quota of trophies (per month / per year)
    • Other (write a comment)

Completion of games is my big priority.

I only buy and play games that I'll greatly enjoy. It results in me always having spare money to grab the DLC and associated trophies, as I'm never wasting any on a backlog, I may never touch.

Most of my games have decent rarity so I guess that's an unconscious, second.

Completion percentage is my biggest priority.  Leaderboard ranking is probably the lowest overall.  I didn't get into earning trophies until 2013 on here, so there's no way in hell I'm catching up to people who had been playing for years before me and PSN doesn't get my undivided attention since I also play on Steam.  Everything else is either something that will come while trying to improve completion or something I just don't care about.

I voted for completion percentage, just because if I'm playing and enjoying a game, then I like to complete it to my fullest potential.  I think next down my list would be series completion/thematic sets - I don't have too many complete sets myself, but there is something very satisfying about seeing complete series on someones profile.

If I can only chose one, then without a doubt "Completion Percentage". But that alone does not mean much to me, I would choose it together with "quality of trophies", since I really try to only play games I'm interested in, as I don't care about inflating my trophy count, number of platinums, etc... But those games I chose to play, I get to 100%. 

I personally don't care about the leaderboards either, since a leaderboard only makes sense for competitive, skill-based activities, and competitive trophy hunting is not skill-based in any way. 

Edited by Arcesius