Mini Medal Refunds

fbdbh

So I came across this information that starting a NG+ ("Flying Start") provides wonderful benefits such as:

• 50 extra skill points for all characters
  • A refund of all mini medals spent on metal king weapons (these will be taken away but they still count as they show up in your records that you owned them)

For those who went this route, my question is simple: are there any drawbacks to starting a NG+? Is it true that only the battle records count (it doesn't matter if you don't hold the weapons currently)?

I plan to clean up wanted monsters before the Flying Start and maybe have two metal king weapons so I get 240 mini medals on start. Is any other stuff being taken away from you (Black chest key / Bonus balls / Quicksilver keys)?

If not, this is by far the fastest way to obtain the missing mini medal items (as a playthrough is shorter with powerful characters than grinding mini medals). Do I understand this correctly?

Edited by fbdbh

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 4:42 AM, fbdbh said:

So I came across this information that starting a NG+ ("Flying Start") provides wonderful benefits such as:

• 50 extra skill points for all characters
  • A refund of all mini medals spent on metal king weapons (these will be taken away but they still count as they show up in your records that you owned them)

For those who went this route, my question is simple: are there any drawbacks to starting a NG+? Is it true that only the battle records count (it doesn't matter if you don't hold the weapons currently)?

I plan to clean up wanted monsters before the Flying Start and maybe have two metal king weapons so I get 240 mini medals on start. Is any other stuff being taken away from you (Black chest key / Bonus balls / Quicksilver keys)?

If not, this is by far the fastest way to obtain the missing mini medal items (as a playthrough is shorter with powerful characters than grinding mini medals). Do I understand this correctly?

It's been a long time since I played, but I definitely made use of NG+. I felt like it just made everything easier. I might have delayed it for some reason, but I know I utilized getting back mini-medals.

EDIT: Huh. I thought this was a new post for some reason. What a dumbass I am.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's been a long time since I played, but I definitely made use of NG+. I felt like it just made everything easier. I might have delayed it for some reason, but I know I utilized getting back mini-medals.

EDIT: Huh. I thought this was a new post for some reason. What a dumbass I am.

Well I'm still grinding post-game, so no worries :) Thank you.

• Like 1