PS5 release date: November 12th, 2020

ziggypossum

11 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

I wonder if they will launch a portable PlayStation with it? 

PS3 / PSP

PS4 / PS Vita

PS5 / ? 

Would be cool, but i am happy with a release frame for this i am looking forward to it! Hopefully PS Now will become a better service too with the launch of PS5 exciting times

I am interested in this as well, but I am really hoping that Vita games would be compatible with the new handheld...

5 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Good thing that backwards-compatibility is a thing.

Well I don’t think everting will be in their store 

i think only games that will be backwards are game that are not that old and still run on ps4 

unless they have done a full test on it. am happy if every game of my backlog work or next gen

but i don’t see that happening on day 1 of PlayStation 5

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

This means I'll wait until 2022 - 2023.

Just like I've done with the PS2, PS3 and PS4 consoles. Wait for the price to drop and wait for more games to be available.

You won't see me waiting in line for a launch console. Got too many games and too much shit in real life to be concerned with buying a console that is probably going to be overpriced and will only have a few launch games available.

We can only hope that the launch titles will be better than what Knack and Killzone ShadowFall were.

Usually I'd take this route, but If it has indeed backwards compatibility, it will be an immediate purchase for me, as my PS4 feels really old now, and I'm really looking forward to 4k Blu-ray as well. Most of my free time is around holiday, and that's after my birthday, so it's in a sweet spot. Especially the cut down loading times would mean much to my limited game time.

Granted, I won't wait in line. I place an order online and wait the extra 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks if stocks are dwindling, whatever. But I'm very much looking forward to owning one if all the promised features are true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Oh lovely. New controller features. Perhaps they could add those nice lights in the DS5 that make the battery life sit at a conservative estimate of around 17 minutes. Speakers again in the controller: pointless. Battery drainer.  

Speakers were great when used and the tiny LED took approximately zero power. The battery issues are due to the battery used, not power pulled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Well I don’t think everting will be in their store 

i think only games that will be backwards are game that are not that old and still run on ps4 

unless they have done a full test on it. am happy if every game of my backlog work or next gen

but i don’t see that happening on day 1 of PlayStation 5

If it's the promised PS4 emulation compatibility, then all disc and purchased games should work immediately. 

• Like 3

A red flag for me so far is the fact that they say this will ship with an SSD. I get it, ssds boot faster and all but they lack space unless you're willing to pay tons of money. So this combined with the fact that games are now taking 100s of GB of space, seems to me like they're continuing the shitty practice of not giving you enough space and making you buy external hdds (or maybe they will include both an ssd and an hdd, highly doubtful though)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I am interested in this as well, but I am really hoping that Vita games would be compatible with the new handheld...

If they do i think it probably will be digital download compatibility only. I guess we will just have to wait and see what next year brings 

13 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Usually I'd take this route, but If it has indeed backwards compatibility, it will be an immediate purchase for me, as my PS4 feels really old now, and I'm really looking forward to 4k Blu-ray as well. Most of my free time is around holiday, and that's after my birthday, so it's in a sweet spot. Especially the cut down loading times would mean much to my limited game time.

Granted, I won't wait in line. I place an order online and wait the extra 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks if stocks are dwindling, whatever. But I'm very much looking forward to owning one if all the promised features are true.

That's not enough for me to care about buying it close to release date.

I can understand people saying the vanilla PS4 is old. But the fucking PS4 Pro? Cmon, that still looks good especially with some of these newer PS4 exclusives.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That's not enough for me to care about buying it close to release date.

I can understand people saying the vanilla PS4 is old. But the fucking PS4 Pro? Cmon, that still looks good especially with some of these newer PS4 exclusives.

Yeah, I have the base PS4, so that settles it. I also have a 4k tv, pretty much not doing anything with it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

If they do i think it probably will be digital download compatibility only. I guess we will just have to wait and see what next year brings 

Which would be completely fine with me. Almost all of my vita titles are digital anyway.

• Like 1

Oh wow! This is great news and it's a definite day 1 purchase for me. Time for me to start saving up - assuming it's around 500 euros/dollars in price, that's around 40 euros a month starting now. I'm super interested to see how the haptics will work in the joypad and i'm glad they are overhauling the PS OS too. Can't wait to hear more details in general about the console.