PS5 release date: November 12th, 2020

ziggypossum

4 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Rethinking the controller? 

Oh god..... I hope this doesn't mean Xbox Stick Layout like all the officially licensed 3rd Party PS4 "Pro" Controllers 

i read in this topic that it looks similar to the PS4 controller, they should stick with their design. I am not a fan of the flipped analogs myself. Hopefully they will chill out on the censorship too.

I'm guessing it'll be at least $500

There's no way they could be packing all that power into something that costs anything less.

Seriously considering making this my first ever Day One console buy. That and maybe even the Scarlett so long as Microsoft don't fook it up in the run up like they did the Xbox One

I imagine there will be multiple price points.  I bought the PS3 at launch for $499 I believe as I knew I would be replacing the HD at some point anyway and much prefer wired (faster, more dependable) to wireless.

Were there multiple models for PS4 at launch?  I bought a year into it and don’t recall.

1 hour ago, panikooooos said:

A red flag for me so far is the fact that they say this will ship with an SSD. I get it, ssds boot faster and all but they lack space unless you're willing to pay tons of money. So this combined with the fact that games are now taking 100s of GB of space, seems to me like they're continuing the shitty practice of not giving you enough space and making you buy external hdds (or maybe they will include both an ssd and an hdd, highly doubtful though)

Seems like yesterday they were making games that were 40 - 50 GBs in space. Now these games are taking over 100 GBs. Assassins Creed Odyssey from what I hear is in that neighborhood.

Completely fucking ridiculous.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I knew it, it couldn't be 2019 as many thought a couple of years ago.

Tlou2 remastered on release, calling it now, no matter ps5 being retrocompatible with ps4.

Guarantee there will be less people buying TLOU2 remastered than those who bought the first one for PS4

Edited by LunaticCalm01

26 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I imagine there will be multiple price points.  I bought the PS3 at launch for $499 I believe as I knew I would be replacing the HD at some point anyway and much prefer wired (faster, more dependable) to wireless.

Were there multiple models for PS4 at launch?  I bought a year into it and don’t recall.

There was only one model at the PS4's launch that came with a 500 GB hard drive. The single price point worked much better than the multiple price points of the PS3 - it allowed them to announce definitively the launch price with no confusion. My guess is they'll launch with one price point again for the PS5.

• Like 1