PS5 release date: November 12th, 2020

ziggypossum

Wonder when they plan on showing the console design? E3 2020 or something?
Either way I probably won't get it until late 2021 or Early 2022 which is about what I usually do for consoles and I hope the Playstation 3 still stays online for a while since there still quite a few games I want to get the platinum trophies for on that system.

58 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Same here buddy, I have no plans to buy a PS5 this side of 2022... and that's assuming that I even buy it at all.

I have enough PS4 games in my backlog (and even a few PS3 ones remaining!) to keep me busy until then.

Well but what if they release a revised edition 3 years later (rumors starting 2022) just when you're planning to get the vanilla.

6 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

Wonder when they plan on showing the console design? E3 2020 or something?
Either way I probably won't get it until late 2021 or Early 2022 which is about what I usually do for consoles and I hope the Playstation 3 still stays online for a while since there still quite a few games I want to get the platinum trophies for on that system.

No way they'll show a single thing this year, probably something will be leaked spring 2020.

Edited by GoldenShaka

I find myself rather jaded with PlayStation these days due to certain decisions they've made in recent times, so you'll have to forgive me for not jumping on the hype train here (not that I'm one to do that anyway). I also find it weird how Sony are slowly releasing more details over time about the PS5 instead of just doing it all at once in a reveal event. With that being said, there were some interesting things to come out of this article. 

I'm pleased to hear that a 4K Blu-ray player will be included, with 100GB discs being used for physical games. The PS4 was rather lacking when it came to that, making it so some games/collections had to release on multiple discs, with GOTY/complete editions having download codes instead including the DLC on disc. As someone who likes collecting physical games and has a shitty download speed, it's important to me that all of the content is on disc.

The stuff about game installation sounds cool. They tried to push something similar near the start of this gen (allowing you to select what part of a game you wanted to install first), but it didn't really work out the way they intended it to be as the gen ran its course. I like that you'll have more control over what parts of the game you have installed - it will make storage management easier.

The UI improvements and the way it interacts with your game more is interesting, but I can't say more until I see it in action. As for the DS5, it's too bad we're stuck with that shitty touchpad, but I guess they pretty much had to in order to make it fully backwards compatible with PS4. I like the sound of the "adaptive triggers" and the increased battery life over the DS4 is very welcome.

Ray-tracing? Yeah, whatever dude. ? I just want backwards compatibility with all previous PS home consoles. Is it so much to ask? ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, WhiteDragonAura said:

Wowohwow..the PS5 is coming up fast.  It's surreal...feels like I've barely scratched the surface with my PS4.

That 4k drive tho... :wub:

I agree, I have had a PS4 since launch and it really don't seem like next month is going to be 6 years. Were has the time gone?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WhiteDragonAura said:

Wowohwow..the PS5 is coming up fast.  It's surreal...feels like I've barely scratched the surface with my PS4.

That 4k drive tho... :wub:

I personally can't wait for 2020 holiday. Sooner even better...XD.

My ps4 been acting funny. Its way louder than usual too. And my controllers, all damn 5 of them is broken in some way. Either battery cant hold enough charge or L3 issues, where I cant press down to run or characters jiggle to the right.

God my life is filled with problems XD.

Hopefully ps5 wont sound like a car with muffler deleted mod.

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yes, SSDs alone are still prohibitively expensive, whether they are m.2 regular nvMe or just a SATA connection. You're looking at over 100 dollars for just a 500 gig one by itself for a lower end one 

Bulk ordering, I worked for a company that ordered em by the 1000s they were name brand SSD (Toshiba) if memory serves and the company was getting them 60% off. (Imagine ordering millions)

HGST drives are inexpensive as is so if they are willing to cut corners on the branding of the drives they might be cheap cheap

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I agree, I have had a PS4 since launch and it really don't seem like next month is going to be 6 years. Were has the time gone?

Yeah seriously...I can't wrap my head around it.  What tha'heck were we doing for the past 6 years?  Sleeping?! ?

41 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

My ps4 been acting funny. Its way louder than usual too. And my controllers, all damn 5 of them is broken in some way. Either battery cant hold enough charge or L3 issues, where I cant press down to run or characters jiggle to the right.

Sounds like you could really use the upgrade so this is great for you, bud.  But geez man..5 broken controllers...that hurts to read. :(

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I know that feel... To me, sometimes the L3 doesn't work right when I press up, and that's a pain in the ass in action games/rpg. 

But, that warrior is with me until today, and I intend to stay with it until the end. ?