PS5 release date: November 12th, 2020

ziggypossum

17 hours ago, UrbanaSupernovA said:

Me if they announce the PS5 to be backwards compatible all the way back to the PS1

giphy.gif

Very doubtful. Best you can hope for is more old games added to playstation now.

4 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

PS1 Classic is a particularly poor excuse for one. Why did Sony use some system-on-a-chip hardware instead of just sticking PS VitaTV hardware in the shell? If they did it like that, they could sell you games from their PS1 (also PSP & Vita) library on PSN. What a great way to miss an opportunity. The lineup has some good games, but 20 leaves you wishing you could add more. And some games aren't NTSC versions- instead they're the PAL ones.

Out of the box it's poor but mod it and it's amazing. Mine gets more use than my PS4.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, panikooooos said:

A red flag for me so far is the fact that they say this will ship with an SSD. I get it, ssds boot faster and all but they lack space unless you're willing to pay tons of money. So this combined with the fact that games are now taking 100s of GB of space, seems to me like they're continuing the shitty practice of not giving you enough space and making you buy external hdds (or maybe they will include both an ssd and an hdd, highly doubtful though)

My guess / hope is that they will ship with a 1TB SSD standard (built onto the motherboard) and then give you an option to install a standard 2.5" HDD internally for extra storage if you want (or external HDD via USB). And give you the option to install games you are currently playing on the SSD and store the rest of your library on the HDD. Or when you start a game that is on the HDD, it will automatically be copied from the HDD to the SSD. And if the SSD is full, it will move your oldest played game from the SSD to the HDD. Something along those lines, not sure how that would work or if it would even work like that. But definitely agree that 1TB is not enough for the latest games that will be released on PS5, so they need to give you that option of adding extra storage no matter what.

• Like 2

Don’t really care about backward compatibility but it is a nice to have.  I still have a completely functional PS3 and PS4 (yes, they could go bad at some point but honestly, my PS3 often sits and collects dust for months upon months.)

i tried to go back and play GTA:TBOGT but it was so clunky (awful controls) and so dated visually, it was a non-starter.  Maybe try again on a rainy day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hsn963 said:

I'll be an optimist and hope they start adding an additional 02 games for PS+ monthly games, by then.

They better be adding 2 additional games when the PS5 launches. Here's hoping for TLOU2 Remastered free for PS Plus on PS5 launch. LOL Doubt it.

If they do add 2 games to PS Plus for PS5, it will be indie games or some or other remasters.

Unless PS has something new up their sleeves in changing how PS Plus works going into next gen and come up with a XBox Game Pass type of service with PS Plus and PS Now and something else bundled into one sweet deal. PS Plus definitely needs some sort of overhall going into next gen, as the service feels really dated now. If they kept the PS3 and PS Vita games going on until the PS5 launched I would be happy. Or added 1 or 2 PSVR titles into the mix each month including the 2 normal PS4 game, I'd also be happy. But with GOLD still getting 4 and PS getting 2, it feels like we've been shafted.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 3:44 AM, SnowxSakura said:

The 60 and 20 gig models are fully compatible 

Oh wow didn't know that! Well, in any case I don't have to buy my games all over on the PS5, which means we'll finally get out of this era of re-releases of old games and get completely new ones...right?

26 minutes ago, Stedde said:

I wonder if they will do any changes to the trophy system with the PS5?

I was wondering the same thing. I would like for them to update the trophy level system to where it can go past 100. It should be unlimited considering we're in the generation of all these easy games.

• Like 1

As long as they don’t change the rules, like add different types of trophies or something or make it suddenly a lot quicker to level up. Like in Formula 1, suddenly the point system is different, making comparisons with points before and after impossible. Don’t do that. I didn’t even know there’s a level cap, should be okay to remove that of course. Not that I will ever reach it...

5 hours ago, Stedde said:

I wonder if they will do any changes to the trophy system with the PS5?

Why would they do that? I don't see any technical reasons for it.

4 hours ago, Eagle-RP said:

I was wondering the same thing. I would like for them to update the trophy level system to where it can go past 100. It should be unlimited considering we're in the generation of all these easy games.

Haven't trophy levels gone past 100 for a long time now?

Edited by starcrunch061

I'll buy it when an adapter comes out that lets you use any controller instead of the DS5, I freaking hate the DS4. Backwards compatibility is also a big factor imo. Also, will 1tb SSD suddenly become cheap? Because blu ray games with better then current graphics are certain to take up allot of space,, I'm thinking that idea will be scrapped.

Edited by Z1MZUM