Ice Cream Beat mini-game technical issues

hi so im having some trouble with this particular minigame...i cannot for the life of me play this properly (and i've encountered this before in other games) bc the music/rhythm and the on-screen green circle cues are totally off sync for me for whatever reason, im talking like half a second or something which is obviously very significant. so this being a rhythm game i cant even play it properly to begin with, my button presses are just totally not in line with the music bc of this issue

im guessing it's because of some input lag/screen issue of whatever. but i cant seem to find much info on this, no one else seems to be having this issue at all. is there something i can do to fix this. im not a very tech savvy guy at all. maybe it's to do with the fact im playing the ps3 version on a 1080p screen and i recall this might cause such issues in some games. ive done the FF9 jump rope minigame just fine but it's a ps4 remaster made for full HD tvs so im guessing bc of that there were no sync issues but this mini-game for me right now is totally unplayable

and no i dont want to turn off the music and rely solely on visual cues, that's just not how you play rhythm games, and it doesn't fix the issue at hand

Edited by MeteoraXV

• 2 weeks later...

well, it's not a big deal, but unfortunately it looks like i wont be able to plat this game bc the ice cream beat minigame is unplayable for me for whatever reason. ive tried everything, ive even resorted to just turning off the sound and playing it that way but even then there's timing issues due to input lag that i find a lot in ps3 games. it's very frustrating. i could try to compensate for that but i just cant be arsed right now to go out of my way for some command style. i like KH minigames and i want to like this minigame but it is what it is

im not sure why it seems like im the only one on the planet having this issue. well that's not entirely true, i did do some research and it turns out one other person had the same problem as i did and they managed to fix it by switching from their TV screen to their monitor. well unfortunately i cannot do this since ive tried hooking up my ps3 console to two different computer monitors and it wont display the signal. im guessing they were playing the ps4 version of the game, as it is possible to hook my ps4 up to my computer monitors.

i guess ill try to get the plat when i replay this game on the ps4 sometime down the line

UPDATE: it turns out i still have my old 720p TV screen, dusted that thing off, hooked up my ps3 to that and that fixed the issue LOL, now the music/claps/green circles all actually match now, so no more excuses now

Edited by MeteoraXV

• 9 months later...
On 19/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, ifyucantbeatmeXD said:

WOW 25mins later i already have the Maestro trophy, that was really not the nightmare i expected it to be, getting Fantastic ratings really was easy

might as well go ahead and get the mini-game over with right now w/ Ventus and Aqua while im still in the groove!

I have tried the first ones, but for me this is tough, it is very quickly, so your problem was your TV? I understood that the screen does not match with the buttons. 

yes i had to connect my ps3 to a 720p  tv screen for this specific rhythm game bc the music and onscreen prompts just wouldnt match properly on my 1080p tv screen. it made all the difference. incidentally i had to do the same thing for parappa the rappa remastered on ps4 during a particular stage which apparently was badly programmed. so even though that game was made for 1080p screens, i still had to switch to a 720p screen for a  bit

i never really noticed many input lag issues on ps3 games until i played this game haha

apparently it has something to do with ps3 games being output at 720p (actually the avg ps3 game is even output at sub-720p), then the upscaling to 1080p introduces input/screen lag, and i suppose this is apparently especially noticeable in rhythm games for some reason. i dunno for sure though bc i know next to nothing abt tech and i havent had a ps3 for very long so i just didnt know abt all this but that's what ive been reading

i havent played my ps3 in a while but i will use it alot soon, i should really go into my ps3 settings and force it run everything at 720p. i noticed a few ps3 games in the past where i did that (the original Hyperdimension Neptunia for example) got a drastic boost in fps when i forced the ps3 to output at 720p. maybe it'll do the same for Armored Core V and stuff...

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ifyucantbeatmeXD said:

yes i had to connect my ps3 to a 720p  tv screen for this specific rhythm game bc the music and onscreen prompts just wouldnt match properly on my 1080p tv screen. it made all the difference. incidentally i had to do the same thing for parappa the rappa remastered on ps4 during a particular stage which apparently was badly programmed. so even though that game was made for 1080p screens, i still had to switch to a 720p screen for a  bit

i never really noticed many input lag issues on ps3 games until i played this game haha

apparently it has something to do with ps3 games being output at 720p (actually the avg ps3 game is even output at sub-720p), then the upscaling to 1080p introduces input/screen lag, and i suppose this is apparently especially noticeable in rhythm games for some reason. i dunno for sure though bc i know next to nothing abt tech and i havent had a ps3 for very long so i just didnt know abt all this but that's what ive been reading

i havent played my ps3 in a while but i will use it alot soon, i should really go into my ps3 settings and force it run everything at 720p. i noticed a few ps3 games in the past where i did that (the original Hyperdimension Neptunia for example) got a drastic boost in fps when i forced the ps3 to output at 720p. maybe it'll do the same for Armored Core V and stuff...

So Is there an option in the PS3 to down your 1080p to 720p? I will do that I have only passed the first one on Master.... I tried with my old ps3 component cable (yellow, white and red) but the image did not show up I tried but my tv started to make weird sounds, I get scared xD. Do you know something about?