List of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features

EdinhoN

Please put Dante's Inferno Trials of St. Lucia to the list, trophies were unobtainable for some time.

I'm quite sure that the Starbreeze Studios shutdowns depend on Sony. There are countless games with their companies no longer in the business that were shut down months/years later, or are still running...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Please put Dante's Inferno Trials of St. Lucia to the list, trophies were unobtainable for some time.

I'm quite sure that the Starbreeze Studios shutdowns depend on Sony. There are countless games with their companies no longer in the business that were shut down months/years later, or are still running...

I second this. Altough I had no trouble doing them fairly recently (as far as ther servers are concerned) I know for a fact they were unobtainable.

James Bond 007: Blood Stone (PS3). Those who played multiplayer when the game came out or a couple years after can't connect anymore beacuse of a server glitch years ago and I hear problems with progress reseting for those who can connect if they exit the game. This affects a number of online trophies.

Keep up the good work :).

Also i didn't know Starbreeze studio where the devs from this game.

The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena.

Atari is running these servers. But i'm not sure if this one is going to be effected. Maybe someone needs to do some research about it.

Syndicate will 100% get a 3 month shutdown warning by EA sometime soon. Since EA running Syndicate servers.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Keep up the good work :).

Also i didn't know Starbreeze studio where the devs from this game.

The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena.

Atari is running these servers. But i'm not sure if this one is going to be effected. Maybe someone needs to do some research about it.

Syndicate will 100% get a 3 month shutdown warning by EA sometime soon. Since EA running Syndicate servers.

Even if the servers shutdown for Riddick, every trophy is possible to do in LAN so it will never be an unobtainable platinum.

• Like 4

I think RISK (PS4) can be added to this list.

In my time playing this game, I played many online games and got kicked almost every game which made it hard to earn points to get in a higher division.

And one time my game crashed in an online game and all my progress was gone.

So definitely watch out when trying to go for this 100%. Make Backup saves!

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided breach mode stopped working properly for a while but got fixed... Aside from that, I think games that were announced to shut their servers that haven't shut yet should maybe be added here too like Batman: Arkham Origins, R.U.S.E, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, it only takes the publisher 1 quick look to decide that they want to officially shut the game down. Would Fight Night Round 4 be worth including as well? Not for the bad servers but for the bad people who decide to hold onto belts for eternity without giving anyone a chance, I think that's a worthwhile warning to people as it is pretty much an unobtainable platinum for new people now.

What about Red Dead Redemption?

The online is a broken, glitchy mess. If you play in a Public Free Roam there is a chance it may of been hacked. 

Servers kick people off for no real reason. The only real way to boost in this game is to play in a Private Free Roam. In Public many people have hacked and glitched the game. 

This game is still in my opinion one of the most memorable games of all time and it is definitely one of my favorites of the PS3/360 era. But the pain of getting those online trophies, especially crap like Pa Pa Pa Poker Ace and Kingpin that requires several people to communicate well and coordinate with each other probably isn’t worth it. 

There’s also stuff like Advanced Co-op that I have absolutely no desire to play. Back in 2010 - 2011 sure, because at that time this game had a pretty active online. Nowadays I wouldn’t even try.

Edited by Spaz

I think separating was a good idea.

For this thread I'd say Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

Reason is they closed Dragon Rising with no announcement some time ago and while that one can be done using LAN, im pretty sure the 4 player one for red river can't (i havent tried so i cant confirm)

plus the servers are shoddy and freeze often, making the dlc particularly rough, especially with people from different regions

Other possibilities for the list are Overwatch, Battlefield 5, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Rainbow Six: Siege and Fortnite, because all of these games are no stranger to patches screwing up various trophies and the devs taking weeks or months to fix them. Battlefield: Bad Company, currently has major accessibility issues for the DLC servers and it's not uncommon for them to be inaccessible for days on end.

I know Train Sim World and Minecraft are primarily single player games but they are also very prone to developer cockups that render trophies unobtainable for months on end :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

What about GTA V on ps3 ?

I've heard there was an unobtainable online trophy but there was a possibility that someone give it to tou without asking, is it true ? 

I 'd like to play this game with a friend but i am affraid with being banned. Is there a real risk ?

Edited by usdel

Ok so if i have well understood, there is a big risk for me to be flagged if an hacker give me the trophy without my permission, that's unfair !

Rockstar should resolve this problem, that's unfair for the honest players !

Thanks for the answer ;)

Edited by usdel

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 

The Breach Mode was not accesible for half a year and had connection issues before aswell.

4 Breach trophies for the plat and another 10-12 for DLC completion. 

Since January 2019 it seems to work again, but I wouldnt wait too long.

Edited by Mori

Resogun - Last month a couple of trophies from the dlc were briefly unobtainable as the ability to share a custom made ship and like ships made by the community stopped functioning. Fixed now but may become an issue if it happens again

Edited by black__bunny
  • Like 1