List of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features

EdinhoN

You should add Skate 2 and Skate 3. 

Skate 2 has servers still working, but all ranked trophies will not pop. A couple features like the community based ones are also down. EA fixed the game twice now, so who knows if it will be fixed again or remain like it is. You can only pair up with people via Quick Match as Custom Match isn't working and the whole Skate.EA Profile is unavailable. 

Skate 3 shares a similar fate.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

pretty much for me was  James bond legends was a  major problem with online issues, for legends, boosting that game got really annoying because you have to quit out completely just to get into a match if you want to change game modes and sometimes you could not connect or join friend sessions because of the strange region problem with the game. 

Edited by lucky0ne16

Anthem - No Stone Unturned

Complete all Bastion Collectibles challenges

Ever since one of the latest patches Arcanist and Sentinel Archives cannot be found anymore which are needed for the collectibles. Could be temporary (maybe due to the seasonal event) and they might fix it in the future but for now it seems unobtainable. It's the same situation for multiple platforms/regions. According to this site no one has earned the trophy in about a week. Prior to that there was at least one person getting it per day.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Arcanist-amp-Sentinel-Archives/td-p/8332146

You should add MLB The Show 16 and MLB The Show 17. SIE San Diego Studios were shutting down every single MLB games within a year until 2016. Where on this day, MLB The Show 16 and 17 are shockingly still alive. There are no information about when those games are shutting down but better be watching out for them.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has extremely glitchy servers. Among the problems I experienced were:

• Not letting people join your session for no reason
  • Kicking you out of sessions for no reason
  • Not even starting the multiplayer session for no reason.
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, EdinhoN said:

PS4 LIST:

Hide contents

-> Project Cars: last scheduled events go down at 19th of November 2019. They usually come back after some months, but if they don't the plat will be unobtainable (as of October 2019 you probably can't achieve 20 events with this batch)

For Project CARS, "5th-11th November is the minimum possible event you can start the game at for the 'Community Ambassador' trophy - 20 community events completed (12th-18th November is the minimum if you have the On-Demand pass). Starting 12th November (or 19th November if you have the On-Demand pass) it will be deemed unobtainable until further notice as there is no confirmed events for 2020/21." This information may be more helpful than the current note for this game in the OP.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, Zenpai said:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has extremely glitchy servers. Among the problems I experienced were:

Brotherhood servers have been like that for YEARS. Despite it being frustrating, I don't think it should be added to this list. If there was data loss however, I would say yes. MANY game's servers have the problems you mentioned, even new games.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2019 at 6:25 AM, Zenpai said:

This has happened to me in Assassin's Creed III's and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's multiplayer. So I don't think it is an exclusive issue for Brotherhood only.

6 hours ago, Ghanupher said:

This has happened to me in Assassin's Creed III's and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's multiplayer. So I don't think it is an exclusive issue for Brotherhood only.

I found these issues happened a lot more often in Brotherhood. I don't even have any recollection of them happening in any other game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is worth putting up there as nothing has been confirmed, but randomly in the August-October period, GRiD 2 (PS3) and DiRT Rally (PS4) have suffered odd fates after they were made free on the humble bundle for steam users. Grid came first and then a month later was DiRT Rally. In both instances, each game was delisted off of all digital stores (steam, Xbox and Playstation Store) two weeks after being made free on humble bundle and happened with no official statement or warning from codemasters to this day. The delistings included all of GRiD 2's DLC and DiRT Rally's VR Expansion and micro-transactions for both games.

This may be of worry as both games have trophies relating to it's online tracking service "racenet." Which require you to access the site and set things up like tournaments in DiRT Rally and rivals in GRiD 2, and cannot be done through an app or in-game. DiRT Rally also contains a few challenging skill-based online trophies to do with it's daily/weekly/monthly challenges in game as well which are quite hard to do, and harder now to do legit with the shrinking playerbase as most move to DiRT Rally 2.0. Some challenges such as the wager event, pikes peak and rallycross event only arrive once every 1-2 weeks and you only get one attempt at it each time it appears.

GRiD Autosport or DiRT 4 haven't received this delisting yet, but they would definitely be the next two on the list.

I wouldn't put this as an urgency, but a warning to whom it may affect for the if and when they pull the service for their older titles.

• Like 4

On 12/5/2019 at 2:07 AM, Dasnake10 said:

DiRT Rally also contains a few challenging skill-based online trophies to do with it's daily/weekly/monthly challenges in game as well which are quite hard to do, and harder now to do legit with the shrinking playerbase as most move to DiRT Rally 2.0.

yeah i've pretty much given up on these trophies until the game either goes on PS+ or gets shutdown announcement, both of which should surge the playerbase enough to make them easier

there's an exploit to keep retrying these events, but even then, i cannot place in the top 33% for some of them. The wager daily requires major confidence to bet $100k, so you'll only see sweaty tryhards there, for example

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 11:34 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

Why would you add something that already has a known server shutdown. It's stupid.

Upcoming server shutdown ≠ problematic server, so yes it could be added to both threads.
Because a game that is shutting down does not necessarily have problems with their server.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1

Hi all, just a quick heads up, they seem to be trying to silence some of the posts for the currently unobtainable trophy "Job done" in Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I have a made post on the forums, tagging multiple EA employees so we can get a reply, a few hours go by and those posts are gone, deleted with no warning. At this time only 1 of the said posts remain.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Combat-Mission-servers-missing/td-p/8518237

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

Hi all, just a quick heads up, they seem to be trying to silence some of the posts for the currently unobtainable trophy "Job done" in Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I have a made post on the forums, tagging multiple EA employees so we can get a reply, a few hours go by and those posts are gone, deleted with no warning. At this time only 1 of the said posts remain.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Combat-Mission-servers-missing/td-p/8518237

No worries, they will soon add Warfighter to their shutdown list with a date from 1 month ago :)

That's our 30 day notice...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a minor trifle.. can this thread be renamed to something like: "List of potentially unstable game servers and online features" ?

I feel like "problematic/erratic" is just a mouthful and not the most clear way to describe the content of this discussion thread.

Just a thought.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
bold highlight
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Just a minor trifle.. can this thread be renamed to something like: "List of potentially unstable game servers and online features" ?

I feel like "problematic/erratic" is just a mouthful and not the most clear way to describe the content of this discussion thread.

Just a thought.

I'm not trying to bicker but was it the most logical thing to put the text in light gray on a white background.

23 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

I'm not trying to bicker but was it the most logical thing to put the text in light gray on a white background.

Sorry.. I'm using the Dark Reader chrome extension which alters the background for me to dark, so I couldn't tell the difference.

I'll correct it, my bad.

• Like 1