List of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features

EdinhoN

EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone has been having issues with the servers, some trophies in the list (if not all?) depend on online functionality.
Seems to be working now but you never know.. It's currently on sale btw.

main discussion thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/85791-servers-still-up/

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 3:47 PM, EdinhoN said:

Hey there, complementing the list of "Known Upcoming Server Shutdowns" (link), we're here to try to track games that had servers issues somewhere in the past and/or broken features and trophies. This way, we can avoid procrastinating on these ones before they break again and it's simply too late to earn these trophies.

I don't think it's worth to add games like "Oh, LBP1 is 10 years old, it'll surely be offline in the next year"

But it's surely worthy to add games like Battlefield Bad Company 1: "Oh, the game is 10 years old, and the upload trophy was broken for ages until EA fixed it, so just do it because it can break again, who knows"

PS3 LIST:

Reveal hidden contents

-> 007 Legends: very problematic servers

"pretty much for me was  James bond legends was a  major problem with online issues, for legends, boosting that game got really annoying because you have to quit out completely just to get into a match if you want to change game modes and sometimes you could not connect or join friend sessions because of the strange region problem with the game"

-> Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: servers are a mess and degrading as the time passes

-> Batman Arkham Origins: was supposed to shutdown in 2016 but remained online, might close anytime without warning

-> Battlefield Bad Company: servers are glitchy since always, they usually go down and kick everybody in-game, the game was unplattable for years due to the photo upload feature being broken until EA(!!) fixed (!!!!!) it (!!!!!!!!!!). "The Devil Dogs" is currently broken.

-> Blur: new accounts (created around 2019 probably) can't receive friends challenges, rendering "Friends make better enemies" unobtainable, everything else works

-> Call of Juarez Bound in Blood: was supposed to shutdown in 2016 but remained online, might close anytime without warning

-> Dante's Inferno: Trials of St Lucia servers were down for some time before being fixed

-> Dead Rising 2: coop servers are usually more down than up

-> Far Cry 2: servers are erratic since always and have been completely broken in the past few years. Sometime it might just die and never be fixed by Ubisoft

-> Grid 2: "I'm not sure if this is worth putting up there as nothing has been confirmed, but randomly in the August-October period, GRiD 2 (PS3) and DiRT Rally (PS4) have suffered odd fates after they were made free on the humble bundle for steam users. Grid came first and then a month later was DiRT Rally. In both instances, each game was delisted off of all digital stores (steam, Xbox and Playstation Store) two weeks after being made free on humble bundle and happened with no official statement or warning from codemasters to this day. The delistings included all of GRiD 2's DLC and DiRT Rally's VR Expansion and micro-transactions for both games.

This may be of worry as both games have trophies relating to it's online tracking service "racenet." Which require you to access the site and set things up like tournaments in DiRT Rally and rivals in GRiD 2, and cannot be done through an app or in-game. DiRT Rally also contains a few challenging skill-based online trophies to do with it's daily/weekly/monthly challenges in game as well which are quite hard to do, and harder now to do legit with the shrinking playerbase as most move to DiRT Rally 2.0. Some challenges such as the wager event, pikes peak and rallycross event only arrive once every 1-2 weeks and you only get one attempt at it each time it appears.

GRiD Autosport or DiRT 4 haven't received this delisting yet, but they would definitely be the next two on the list."

-> Grand Theft Auto V: bounty system has been disabled due to hackers, which can also mess with other trophies, rendering you flagged

-> James Bond 007 Blood Stone: connection issues for old players, server progress reset problems

-> Medal of Honor Warfighter: "Job Done" trophy is unobtainable (probably closed without warning), everything else still works

-> Operation Flashpoint Red River: Dragon Rising was closed without warning. Red River can't be done in LAN and servers are getting worse as the time passes

-> Payday The Heist: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Payday 2: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Red Dead Redemption: servers get worse and glitchier as the time passes

-> R.U.S.E.: was supposed to shutdown in 2017 but remained online, might close anytime without warning

-> Skate 2: lots of issues with rankings, stats and community related trophies, some things were fixed by EA and everything can go south soon

-> Skate 3: lots of issues with rankings, stats and community related trophies, some things were fixed by EA and everything can go south soon

-> Splinter Cell Blacklist: some online challenges servers were broken for months until Ubisoft fixed them. Might happen again 

-> Syndicate: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5: servers were down at some point and came back

PS4 LIST:

Reveal hidden contents

-> Anthem: "No Stone Unturned" got temporarily unobtainable due to patches removing the ability of finding certain collectibles (it might be seasonal)

-> Armagallant: Decks of Destiny: probably shut down without warning. Dev says it's "planned to get back" (over an year ago)

-> Battlefield V: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Destiny 2: "Call to Arms" is unobtainable due to major changes in the game MP structure

-> Deus Ex Mankind Divided: breach mode has been broken for months and eventually fixed. Might happen again and go un-fixed

-> Dirt Rally: "I'm not sure if this is worth putting up there as nothing has been confirmed, but randomly in the August-October period, GRiD 2 (PS3) and DiRT Rally (PS4) have suffered odd fates after they were made free on the humble bundle for steam users. Grid came first and then a month later was DiRT Rally. In both instances, each game was delisted off of all digital stores (steam, Xbox and Playstation Store) two weeks after being made free on humble bundle and happened with no official statement or warning from codemasters to this day. The delistings included all of GRiD 2's DLC and DiRT Rally's VR Expansion and micro-transactions for both games.

This may be of worry as both games have trophies relating to it's online tracking service "racenet." Which require you to access the site and set things up like tournaments in DiRT Rally and rivals in GRiD 2, and cannot be done through an app or in-game. DiRT Rally also contains a few challenging skill-based online trophies to do with it's daily/weekly/monthly challenges in game as well which are quite hard to do, and harder now to do legit with the shrinking playerbase as most move to DiRT Rally 2.0. Some challenges such as the wager event, pikes peak and rallycross event only arrive once every 1-2 weeks and you only get one attempt at it each time it appears.

GRiD Autosport or DiRT 4 haven't received this delisting yet, but they would definitely be the next two on the list"

-> eFootball PES 2020: will probably be closed at August 2021 due to how Konami shuts them down. Anyway, the special agents in myClub will probably be removed as of the 2021 game release, rendering some trophies more difficult

-> FIFA 20: FUT competitive mode (FUT champions) will surely be ended before the FIFA 21 release, rendering the same unobtainable trophy from FIFA 19 around 1st of September, 2020

-> Fortnite: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Minecraft: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Mortal Kombat X: Invasions trophy has been unavailable for some months and recently reappeared. Might be a good idea to take these out of the way before they simply break again

-> Overlord Foe: servers were always terrible, but players are reporting they can't connect anymore. No official shutdown statement

-> Overwatch: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Paladins: some of its trophies were messed up by some patches. Might happen again anytime as new updates are out every now and then

-> Payday 2 Crimewave Edition: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2trials of gnomus DLC has 5 trophies coupled with rotating events. These events are Cat vs dinos & Boss hunt. They appear 1-2 times a year and last for a week.

-> Pro Evolution Soccer 2019: will probably be closed at August 2020 due to how Konami shuts them down. Anyway, the special agents in myClub were probably removed as of the 2020 game release, rendering some trophies more difficult

-> Project Cars: last scheduled events go down at 19th of November 2019. They usually come back after some months, but if they don't the plat will be unobtainable (as of October 2019 you probably can't achieve 20 events with this batch)

-> RAID - World War II: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Rainbow Six Siege: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Resogun: sharing community custom ships stopped working and was fixed later. Might happen again

-> RISK: "In my time playing this game, I played many online games and got kicked almost every game which made it hard to earn points to get in a higher division.

And one time my game crashed in an online game and all my progress was gone.

So definitely watch out when trying to go for this 100%. Make Backup saves!"

-> Smite: some of its trophies were messed up by some patches. Might happen again anytime as new updates are out every now and then

-> Star Wars - Battlefront 2: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Train Sim World: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

PSV LIST:

Reveal hidden contents

-> Rayman LegendsThe challenger trophy is obtainable but hard to do it legit due to the low player count and pros. The murphy challenge could be glitched so that nobody can pass a certain threshold giving everyone the challenger trophy. It appears 1-2 times a year

Hi EdinhoN first of all, i wanna thank you for keep supporting and updating this post, still active up to date , which shows the successful of it. I just wanted to add that the topic where you mention list of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features, the PS3 list, is a bit outdated and there are 2 games in which both cases, it says a trophy that is unobtainable, but from my recent personal experiences with them, i would say this is not entirely true, im talking about With my Devil Dogs trophy from Battlefield Bad Company 1 and Job Done from Medal of Honor Warfighter, they are still possible to obtain, the first one i got it this week with my dummy, i just invited my friend to my squad then search for a potential match and once we got in there we just finish and on the 2nd attempt the trophy was unlocked, and the other trophy popped up after planting 4 bombs instead of 3 and make them explode, but i got it too, in fact there are more chances that Global Warfighters trophy will glicth on you. Other than that, good job, also i got Batman Arkham Origins, Far Cry 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Syndicate online trophies not too long ago, so i can confirm servers are still working. Also Im hearing people say that all the Assassins Creed for the ps3 with so many other games will be shutted down on November or December of this 2020 or more probably next year, some of them without any warning, what you know about this, some people use false news to scared other people so i would like to hear a trustful source. Thanks and stay safe, cheers 

On 26/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, REPG_16_netsulli said:

Hi EdinhoN first of all, i wanna thank you for keep supporting and updating this post, still active up to date , which shows the successful of it. I just wanted to add that the topic where you mention list of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features, the PS3 list, is a bit outdated and there are 2 games in which both cases, it says a trophy that is unobtainable, but from my recent personal experiences with them, i would say this is not entirely true, im talking about With my Devil Dogs trophy from Battlefield Bad Company 1 and Job Done from Medal of Honor Warfighter, they are still possible to obtain, the first one i got it this week with my dummy, i just invited my friend to my squad then search for a potential match and once we got in there we just finish and on the 2nd attempt the trophy was unlocked, and the other trophy popped up after planting 4 bombs instead of 3 and make them explode, but i got it too, in fact there are more chances that Global Warfighters trophy will glicth on you. Other than that, good job, also i got Batman Arkham Origins, Far Cry 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Syndicate online trophies not too long ago, so i can confirm servers are still working. Also Im hearing people say that all the Assassins Creed for the ps3 with so many other games will be shutted down on November or December of this 2020 or more probably next year, some of them without any warning, what you know about this, some people use false news to scared other people so i would like to hear a trustful source. Thanks and stay safe, cheers 

Syndicate? Does Assassin's Creed Syndicate have online trophies?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Just a minor trifle.. can this thread be renamed to something like: "List of potentially unstable game servers and online features" ?

I feel like "problematic/erratic" is just a mouthful and not the most clear way to describe the content of this discussion thread.

Just a thought.

As "Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings" was renamed I just wanted to bump this and ask again if this thread title can be streamlined?
@EdinhoN

• 2 months later...

The online mode for Helldivers has been causing problems for a few months, at least on PS3.

Despite having a cross-play feature between PS3, PSV and PS4, it seems that the problems have only been reported on PS3.

The point is that, from time to time, it is impossible to connect to the game servers, so the only option is to play offline (which takes away the main appeal of the game). This also endangers the online trophies that this game has, making them potentially unobtainable.

• 4 months later...

Originally reported by @HuntingFever:
Source: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/118915-psnp-unobtainable-trophies-master-list/?do=findComment&comment=2526398

Ubisoft experienced a massive server outage earlier this month, which knocked out most of their online enabled games but whilst the majority were quickly fixed, Watch Dogs and FC 2 remain offline, at least on the PS3/PS4.

Regarding games:

• Watch Dogs (PS4)
  • Watch Dogs (PS3)
  • Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 7:47 PM, EdinhoN said:

Hey there, complementing the list of "Known Upcoming Server Shutdowns" (link), we're here to try to track games that had servers issues somewhere in the past and/or broken features and trophies. This way, we can avoid procrastinating on these ones before they break again and it's simply too late to earn these trophies.

I don't think it's worth to add games like "Oh, LBP1 is 10 years old, it'll surely be offline in the next year"

But it's surely worthy to add games like Battlefield Bad Company 1: "Oh, the game is 10 years old, and the upload trophy was broken for ages until EA fixed it, so just do it because it can break again, who knows"

PS3 LIST:

Reveal hidden contents

-> 007 Legends: very problematic servers

"pretty much for me was  James bond legends was a  major problem with online issues, for legends, boosting that game got really annoying because you have to quit out completely just to get into a match if you want to change game modes and sometimes you could not connect or join friend sessions because of the strange region problem with the game"

-> Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: servers are a mess and degrading as the time passes

-> Batman Arkham Origins: was supposed to shutdown in 2016 but remained online, might close anytime without warning

-> Battlefield Bad Company: servers are glitchy since always, they usually go down and kick everybody in-game, the game was unplattable for years due to the photo upload feature being broken until EA(!!) fixed (!!!!!) it (!!!!!!!!!!). "The Devil Dogs" is currently broken.

-> Blur: new accounts (created around 2019 probably) can't receive friends challenges, rendering "Friends make better enemies" unobtainable, everything else works

-> Call of Juarez Bound in Blood: was supposed to shutdown in 2016 but remained online, might close anytime without warning

-> Dante's Inferno: Trials of St Lucia servers were down for some time before being fixed

-> Dead Rising 2: coop servers are usually more down than up

-> Far Cry 2: servers are erratic since always and have been completely broken in the past few years. Sometime it might just die and never be fixed by Ubisoft

-> Grid 2: "I'm not sure if this is worth putting up there as nothing has been confirmed, but randomly in the August-October period, GRiD 2 (PS3) and DiRT Rally (PS4) have suffered odd fates after they were made free on the humble bundle for steam users. Grid came first and then a month later was DiRT Rally. In both instances, each game was delisted off of all digital stores (steam, Xbox and Playstation Store) two weeks after being made free on humble bundle and happened with no official statement or warning from codemasters to this day. The delistings included all of GRiD 2's DLC and DiRT Rally's VR Expansion and micro-transactions for both games.

GRiD Autosport or DiRT 4 haven't received this delisting yet, but they would definitely be the next two on the list."

-> Grand Theft Auto V: bounty system has been disabled due to hackers, which can also mess with other trophies, rendering you flagged

-> James Bond 007 Blood Stone: connection issues for old players, server progress reset problems

-> Medal of Honor Warfighter: "Job Done" trophy is unobtainable (probably closed without warning), everything else still works

-> Operation Flashpoint Red River: Dragon Rising was closed without warning. Red River can't be done in LAN and servers are getting worse as the time passes

-> Payday The Heist: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Payday 2: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Red Dead Redemption: servers get worse and glitchier as the time passes

-> R.U.S.E.: was supposed to shutdown in 2017 but remained online, might close anytime without warning

-> Skate 2: lots of issues with rankings, stats and community related trophies, some things were fixed by EA and everything can go south soon

-> Skate 3: lots of issues with rankings, stats and community related trophies, some things were fixed by EA and everything can go south soon

-> Splinter Cell Blacklist: some online challenges servers were broken for months until Ubisoft fixed them. Might happen again 

-> Syndicate: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

PS4 LIST:

Reveal hidden contents

-> Anthem: "No Stone Unturned" got temporarily unobtainable due to patches removing the ability of finding certain collectibles (it might be seasonal)

-> Armagallant: Decks of Destiny: probably shut down without warning. Dev says it's "planned to get back" (over an year ago)

-> Battlefield V: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Destiny 2: "Call to Arms" is unobtainable due to major changes in the game MP structure

-> Deus Ex Mankind Divided: breach mode has been broken for months and eventually fixed. Might happen again and go un-fixed

-> Dirt Rally: "I'm not sure if this is worth putting up there as nothing has been confirmed, but randomly in the August-October period, GRiD 2 (PS3) and DiRT Rally (PS4) have suffered odd fates after they were made free on the humble bundle for steam users. Grid came first and then a month later was DiRT Rally. In both instances, each game was delisted off of all digital stores (steam, Xbox and Playstation Store) two weeks after being made free on humble bundle and happened with no official statement or warning from codemasters to this day. The delistings included all of GRiD 2's DLC and DiRT Rally's VR Expansion and micro-transactions for both games.

GRiD Autosport or DiRT 4 haven't received this delisting yet, but they would definitely be the next two on the list"

-> eFootball PES 2020: will probably be closed at August 2021 due to how Konami shuts them down. Anyway, the special agents in myClub will probably be removed as of the 2021 game release, rendering some trophies more difficult

-> FIFA 20: FUT competitive mode (FUT champions) will surely be ended before the FIFA 21 release, rendering the same unobtainable trophy from FIFA 19 around 1st of September, 2020

-> Fortnite: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Minecraft: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Mortal Kombat X: Invasions trophy has been unavailable for some months and recently reappeared. Might be a good idea to take these out of the way before they simply break again

-> Overlord Foe: servers were always terrible, but players are reporting they can't connect anymore. No official shutdown statement

-> Overwatch: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Paladins: some of its trophies were messed up by some patches. Might happen again anytime as new updates are out every now and then

-> Payday 2 Crimewave Edition: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2trials of gnomus DLC has 5 trophies coupled with rotating events. These events are Cat vs dinos & Boss hunt. They appear 1-2 times a year and last for a week.

-> Pro Evolution Soccer 2019: will probably be closed at August 2020 due to how Konami shuts them down. Anyway, the special agents in myClub were probably removed as of the 2020 game release, rendering some trophies more difficult

-> Project Cars: last scheduled events go down at 19th of November 2019. They usually come back after some months, but if they don't the plat will be unobtainable (as of October 2019 you probably can't achieve 20 events with this batch)

-> RAID - World War II: Starbreeze Studios is in dire financial situation, it might affect their operation and a shutdown might be coming (hoping it'll be warned beforehand)

-> Rainbow Six Siege: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Resogun: sharing community custom ships stopped working and was fixed later. Might happen again

-> RISK: "In my time playing this game, I played many online games and got kicked almost every game which made it hard to earn points to get in a higher division.

And one time my game crashed in an online game and all my progress was gone.

So definitely watch out when trying to go for this 100%. Make Backup saves!"

-> Smite: some of its trophies were messed up by some patches. Might happen again anytime as new updates are out every now and then

-> Star Wars - Battlefront 2: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

-> Train Sim World: game patches has a historic of breaking trophies

PSV LIST:

Reveal hidden contents

-> Rayman LegendsThe challenger trophy is obtainable but hard to do it legit due to the low player count and pros. The murphy challenge could be glitched so that nobody can pass a certain threshold giving everyone the challenger trophy. It appears 1-2 times a year

Switchblade

supposed to be shutdown last year i think.

didn't happen, still on psn store, could shut down any time

servers work fine last time i checked

EDIT: ok it wasn't a official shutdown thing according to this thread just that last june the devs wanted to "speak about the future of the game"  and i guess everyone thought it would be shutdown

Edited by serrated-banner9
adding info

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:04 AM, westersburg said:

The starting post needs an update since a few of these games like GTA5 or the bond games are shutdown officially now.

According to: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48142-upcoming-server-shutdowns-delistings/

This forum thread is no longer being updated and maintained, so I advise those that are interested in reporting these findings to submit them elsewhere or perhaps create a new thread for themselves. @EdinhoN is it possible for you to lock this thread (at least for the time being)? Or is it better to leave it open and gather info on unstable servers but without compiling an up-to-date listing on the front page? Let me know what you think so that the community can take the best course of action. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 1:17 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

According to: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48142-upcoming-server-shutdowns-delistings/

This forum thread is no longer being updated and maintained, so I advise those that are interested in reporting these findings to submit them elsewhere or perhaps create a new thread for themselves. @EdinhoN is it possible for you to lock this thread (at least for the time being)? Or is it better to leave it open and gather info on unstable servers but without compiling an up-to-date listing on the front page? Let me know what you think so that the community can take the best course of action. :)

Thanks, I'm locking this thread. It has become too much of a messy work that's not that much valuable.

• Like 1