Koro249

A way to know when games online services are ended?

13 posts in this topic

So I have a bunch of games in my backlog and as I want to get a high completion I wanna get back to them eventually. But because of constant new games and lack of motivation the progress is very slow on those games.

 

Now, there are some with online trophies and I'm worried the online services might be turned off at some point and I will be unable to get the trophies. 

Specifically thinking of:

Fifa 18, DOOM, Rayman Legends

 

Is there any way of knowing when they are gonna stop their multiplayer services, like at least some months in advance?

Or would I be best off just getting all the multiplayer trophies out of the way to be safe?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Koro249 said:

So I have a bunch of games in my backlog and as I want to get a high completion I wanna get back to them eventually. But because of constant new games and lack of motivation the progress is very slow on those games.

 

Now, there are some with online trophies and I'm worried the online services might be turned off at some point and I will be unable to get the trophies. 

Specifically thinking of:

Fifa 18, DOOM, Rayman Legends

 

Is there any way of knowing when they are gonna stop their multiplayer services, like at least some months in advance?

Or would I be best off just getting all the multiplayer trophies out of the way to be safe?

The publisher usually announces the shutdowns on their websites, and there's a thread on here

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go.

 

 

Edit: Ninja'd by snow

Edited by GoldenShaka
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Koro249 said:

So I have a bunch of games in my backlog and as I want to get a high completion I wanna get back to them eventually. But because of constant new games and lack of motivation the progress is very slow on those games.

 

Now, there are some with online trophies and I'm worried the online services might be turned off at some point and I will be unable to get the trophies. 

Specifically thinking of:

Fifa 18, DOOM, Rayman Legends

 

Is there any way of knowing when they are gonna stop their multiplayer services, like at least some months in advance?

Or would I be best off just getting all the multiplayer trophies out of the way to be safe?

 

 

I wouldn't worry about Doom. I believe every Bethesda and ID game is still online from the last gen as well as this. Even 360 games from 10 years ago are still up. 

EA always given notice, and Fifa 15/16/17 are still up. Certain featured may be discontinued, but the main servers should be fine for a few years. 

Same with Ubisoft, though they seem to have glitchier servers. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DOOM will probably be fine.  As it stands now, you can get through the online multiplayer trophies fairly quickly just by playing normally with the people that still play.  Once DOOM Eternal comes out, you may just run out of people to play with as they move over to the new game and you may have to resort to boosting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

I wouldn't worry about Doom. I believe every Bethesda and ID game is still online from the last gen as well as this. Even 360 games from 10 years ago are still up. 

EA always given notice, and Fifa 15/16/17 are still up. Certain featured may be discontinued, but the main servers should be fine for a few years. 

Same with Ubisoft, though they seem to have glitchier servers. 

 

10 years ago? There are third-party games still active after more than 13-14 years! The same on PS3. For every server shutdown announcement there are 10 games with working online capabilities out there (not necessarily multiplayer heh)

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

 

10 years ago? There are third-party games still active after more than 13-14 years! The same on PS3. For every server shutdown announcement there are 10 games with working online capabilities out there (not necessarily multiplayer heh)

 

 

Yes, I'm aware that there are games older than 10 years still up, I just rounded- 15 probably would have been a better choice. My point was that Bethesda has yet to shut down a server, so the OP doesn't need to worry about Doom. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

Yes, I'm aware that there are games older than 10 years still up, I just rounded- 15 probably would have been a better choice. My point was that Bethesda has yet to shut down a server, so the OP doesn't need to worry about Doom. 

 

Yup, and Doom is only 3 years old. Also Eternal is still far from release and won't have as many multiplayer modes as the 2016 game anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Koro249 there is another trophy site that sends messages when server shutdowns are announced. I cant recall which one but if I can remember I will let you know

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rayman Legends and Doom should both still be good, the only one that may have issues is Fifa 18 as they typically close certain features of online every year. Generally trophies involving FUT may be harder if trading/purchases are disabled. (Basically makes it hard for you to get top tier players to stack your team) Also I can't remember if it had any event or ladder based trophies which may be unobtainable. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

@Koro249 there is another trophy site that sends messages when server shutdowns are announced. I cant recall which one but if I can remember I will let you know

 

I cant find the info but i think it was truetrophies for some reason. I dont use it but someone on discord told me about it

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should definitely do fifa first as sports games are typically the first games to be shut down. And the older they are the less time you have to do them(2k and pes are much worse about this then any ea game in recent years). Rayman has no sequel in the near future so id assume that will be safe and doom will probably remain online until the ps4 servers is close to shutting down as bethesda isn't known for shutting servers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.